Register now to get rid of these ads!

Fauxtina paint job on a 63 Tbird

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ace'sSpeedshop, Aug 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mphudak

mphudak
    from Atlanta

Thx!

2. Flootiebuell

Flootiebuell

Looks great...I have done a few myself....for all the "negative Nellys" fake rust isn't any more if a sin then making a hot rod out of an original model A...it's just a look, a style, a choice!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. these era birds never raced nascar?[​IMG]I think Clem proctor did.

4. I just have to say that this is one of the reasons i love the hot roding here in europe! i love a good patina and also this fake one,cars should be driven! not polished! use them, drive them on gravel tracks! have fun with them :) but heck, it would have ben boring if everyone liked the same thing!

5. mechanic58

mechanic58

Ya know - I've watched this thread and I gotta say that I am a little surprised at all the negative feedback. I wouldn't have expected it from this bunch on here. I belong to a LOT of automotive based forums and so far I feel like this forum is probably one of the most 'accepting' of just about anything - which is why I am so surprised about this particular thread and how it has turned out. I think the car looks pretty neat...and I wish I had the skills to make paint look any way I could imagine it...

Just be thankful it didn't turn out like this:

[​IMG]

6. [​IMG]

Attached Files:

7. Edsel58a

Edsel58a

I think it is cool as hell, and to win best paint, it must be very convincing in person. And they did race some Thunderbirds, there were some running in the lower classes for sure.

8. Hey, I like it!!

9. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I like it. Many of these look like crap, too forced. This one looks great.

10. slammed

slammed

That 'donk' nessicary to make a point? These are the post's that bog the HAMB's intent. An all inclusive gear head web site it's not. The OP was looking for feedback, he got it.

11. 1929CDAN

1929CDAN

I like how you did the FAKE FRECKLES!!

12. Hren59

Hren59

Great technique and skill. Very artful. I bet most of the haters at one point or another have been guilty of pretty much the same thing "misrepresenting" a truly clapped out pos by using some putty and paint to make what she is what she aint:) its all about having fun anyway

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

I can't wait for this trend to be over.

Some people's taste is in their mouth.

14. Southern Motors

Southern Motors

I like it. It would be the first thing I would head over to look over at a show.

15. SoCal

SoCal

If it's what the owner wanted then it's great. Job well done.
    I'm sure she won't need hamb approval to enjoy it.

16. cool, well done.
    Al.

17. db300

db300

I love the tribute style cars. My Mopar model has straight line history, but I really dig the NASCAR and rally style logos...

Last thing anyone needs to see is another white 300F...nor do I care to have mine judged against other white 300F's.....

Would love to hear how you did it!

18. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

Thank you to everyone I appreciate all of you comments even the bad ones hahaha. Here is a few pictures of the car as I was working on it. I have more pictures but they are stuck on my camera right now. When I get them off I will post them.

Attached Files:

19. Well shit! Fake patina is not my cup of tea but I think you did a good job on it. I don't want to like it but I guess I like it just a little. :)

And, if that's what the young lady wants, well what can you do?

20. Lurk king

Lurk king

You had me right up to the fake rust? WTF?

21. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

This is actually the first time I tried door art and weathering anything. This is on my dad's 37 Chrysler.

Attached Files:

22. Ace'sSpeedshop

Ace'sSpeedshop
    from Washington

It's basically to give the illusion of being a vintage 60's Nascar that has been sitting out side for 40 plus years.

23. Rob68

Rob68

X2

Hey man, you did nice work on it. Looks fine to me

24. 2lowmerc

2lowmerc

Awesome

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I think this is the real reason for the hatred of this style of car, and its always from other car owners, never by the spectators, at least in my experience.
    For me if the car was just painted to look like a weathered T bird I would not think much of it. Done like it is, to look like a weathered race car, just looks like art to me.

26. Drive Em

Drive Em

My '64 Galaxie done vintage NASCAR style has the original paint and patina on it from decades of weathering. There is no rust because I live in the dry desert southwest, but I am going to try to add some old weathered numbers and sponsors to complete the look. I will not paint the car, because it has to stay outside as I have no extra garage space. Keeping a car in original patina is an option for some people without garages.

27. Wow. Three years before you found something you deemed worthy of posting about and it was this? That dos Equis dude may not actually be the world's most interesting man after all.

28. no.scar.no.story

no.scar.no.story

Out here in WV we just drive a car a couple of winters and get real rust for free...

But I love the car. Look is right on.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013

29. Pretty much my thoughts.....

But I like it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.