Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Blind man going to try Bonneville

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dan Parker, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ratlee2

ratlee2

Dan,
    Thank you for your post, you are truely inspirational man. Coming across your post was perfect timing. I myself had an accident about 6 weeks ago that has left me blind in my right eye. So the last 6 weeks have involved coping, physically healing, and moving on. I will be watching this thread and your facebook as you reach your goal. Good luck on your run.

Rich

2. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

one funny thing last week I went t good friends house Gene Fultons. He let me drive his dunebuggy on his airport runway ,I was all smiles first time I drove since the wreck ;;''..... Thanks Dan

3. 80WTI

80WTI

Dan you are a legend for even thinking about doing this, I take my hat off to you sir and wish you all the best from down under. subscribed. lee

4. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

rich do not dwell on your bad eye look at great things through your good one,Dan

5. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

tday my girlfriend took me biking, we put playing cards in her spokes so i could follow the sounds, good traning for the salt

6. Cshabang

Cshabang

you sir, are an inspiration... Thank you!

7. 33sporttruck

33sporttruck

Dan, You are truly an "Inspiration" Your attitude has and will continue to help many who are facing physical problems in their lives. Best of Luck with Bonneville. Thanks for giving us all "Such a Big Boost" God Speed Be with You.......... Jeff

8. willymakeit

willymakeit

My hat is off to you. I'm subscribing to this. Keep posting.

9. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

It's a very incredible quest , and I hope you achieve it . You're certainly a "glass is half-full" type of guy and that will make it happen for you . I will be following this story . Good luck !

BTW - I love the idea of cards in the spokes training method . That's brilliant !

10. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Thanks I am trying to get back on mfeet ,It has been rough. I have a lot of good friends that help me. I have always dreamed of going to the salt,I will not get to see it but will get to ride down it. I lost my brother in o mnine he dreamed of going to the salt,i know he will be looking down,thanks Dan

11. pride63

pride63

You are a true inspiration to everyone , I know you will achieve your dream.
    Subscribed

12. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I had a good week so far,got some more parts this week. Jegs sennt me a rear brake kit for a jr. dragster. Star racing sent a steering damper and electron fuel systems sent a twist throttle and cable. A good friend is coming in a week to volumteer for a week. I think all the fab work will be done then readfor paint.it is getting too close for compfort, Dan

13. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Hey everyone I am getting better at typing I practice every day. When I was laying in bed all jacked up going through so many therapies this project became a dream of mine. This is what kept me alive mentally. we all go through stuff in life,it was my dream to have Jesse James help with the bike and build the body and then go to the salt together and film it,i think it would have been cool.He is the man in metal working,updates soon thanks Dan

14. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I post several times together because i get timed out , my axle stuff will be done this week. Then we can start mounting the rear wheel covers.then gas tanks,chain gaurd brakes,dash for on board computer footpegs radiator and then ready for paint. Thanks Dan

15. Bad Banana

Bad Banana

Wow.. I don't know how I missed this thread. Awesome!

I have a friend who lost his vision and has a big block Chevelle and loves drag racing. I offered to ride in the passenger seat and guide him down the quarter mile if he wanted to make a pass driving his car. He hasn't taken me up on it yet. I need to tell him about your story...

It is pretty obvious to me that there is no doubt you will do this. Something tells me it won't be just one time either...

16. kracker36

kracker36

Some things just give you chills-------this qualifies.

17. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

TThanks guys please search making the jump mathew whatsworth he is totaly blind and jumped a motorcycle seventy five feet. that is amazing to me. I built my frame fumky so it wwill fit a harly motor in the future. I hope to get accepted in scta in the future,tell your friend to at least make a pass in simething he will smile for weeks. Thanks Dan

18. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I builtt my frame so it will fit a harley motor in the future,i hope the scta will acccept me in the future,tell your friend to go for a ride he will smile for weeks. Thanks Dan

19. ShoeStringFiftyThree

ShoeStringFiftyThree

Thank you Dan.
    Your reply wasn't meant for me,
    but I'm in the same situation as Rich, and your words hit home.

Thank you, good luck, and God bless.

I hope your salt run is everything you've dreamed it will be, and more!

Jim

Last edited: Jun 25, 2013
  20. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

This is incredible -- Dan, I wish you nothing but the best in your quest for speed.
    Good luck at the BUB meet!

I just looked at your Facebook page and it was at 666 likes! I made sure that changed to 667... haha.

Malcolm

21. Dan,
    I wish you the best of luck this year at Bonneville and I will make it a point to look you up while there. I am making the trip out with the Rolling Bones boys.
    Mayor Dennis

22. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

Mayor Dennis please come find me at the salt. One of my good friends loves the rolling bones. he drove his thirty two to the la roadster show last year from alabama with no test miles on it. Flathead louvered roof and deck. year before drove thirty two roadster truck with no top gone for three weeks.look forward to meeting everyone,Dan

23. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I have made major progress in the last few weeks thanks to friends. I know that I am a pain in the rear, could someone please go to my facebook page and post some of the latest picWith the bike on the ground I would love some feedback fron the hamb. ,my gf does not know how to post pics oon the hamb,thanks Dan. It is getting close

24. Dan,
    I will try my best to find you on the salt this year. If not able to please stop by the bones pits and make your self at home. We would all like to meet you.
    Mayor Dennis

25. Frank K

Frank K

Charge onward! Frank Kunkel

26. Dan Parker

Dan Parker
    from Salem Al.

I know that my project is not hamb friendly but I found out that y bike fits a cyclecar class if the fim wwill accept my emtry I can run for a record.Thanks dddDan

27. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

28. kustomchop

kustomchop

I have helped dan a few times with some of the fabrication on this project and let me say it has been amazing being able to help some one who is so determined and has such a positive attitude despite what he is up against. Dan was my first employer 10 yrs ago, I was straight out of wyotech and had barely a clue and had it not been for Dan and his willingness to share his passion and determination with me at that point in my life, I would probably not be where I am today. Self employed being able to build and fabricate to the highest of my abilities and always striving to do better than before. There are certain thing in life we take for granted, at the time I probably overlooked how much I gained from him at such a young age but reflecting back I learned my core values of fabrication from one of the best in the business. For that I am and always will be truly grateful to have crossed paths with Dan and worked at Parker Chassis. I must say a big THANK YOU DAN!!!

Like all things in life there comes a time we must pay it back, this has been the beginning of my payback to a man who truly deserves it, Dan has helped more people, in more ways than he realizes throughout his career, and I guarantee he's not done yet.

So August 24th we will be in Bonneville, with the "Cristopher Scott Special" cycle car. If you are there, you really should come check this out!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 10, 2013
  29. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

The entire team that made this possible are an inspiration for us all!

I can't wait to see his new record.

SinglefingerSpeedShop.com