Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ozarks Antique Auto Club Swap Meet enroute to HAMB drags

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by boutlaw, Aug 9, 2013.

1. boutlaw

boutlaw

Anyone going to Ozarks Antique Auto Club Swap Meet in Springfield, Mo on Friday before HAMB drags? Mr/Mrs Kracker 36 and I are planning on stopping by before arriving in Joplin Friday evening for HAMB drags. I assume Sat is the big day for the Swap Meet.

BOutlaw

2. Trophydash

Trophydash
    from Tulsa, OK

Set up there for years, I hold down the swap meet, my brother Crab covers it on Friday, and heads to the drags on Saturday.

3. Friday's a big day too. I've pulled in and the parking lot was full, and had to park in one of the other lots around the fairgrounds. Most of those where full too. I'm still up in the air as to weather I'm going to stop at the swap or not. I don't need anything. Might be a nice walk, or I could go on to Joplin and relax there.

4. Old Tin and New Tin

Old Tin and New Tin

Set up Thursday afternoon at Springfield. Usually a lot of vendors looking through other vendors spots trying to buy additional stuff to sell in their booths. Friday will be busy and then head to Joplin at 5 pm to look at the cars in the host hotel parking lot and take pictures. Busy selling again on Saturday morning and then pack up about 4 PM and head to Mokan to watch the end of the drag races and look at cars in the pits. Can't wait. Hope the weather is great.

5. crazy wheel

crazy wheel
    from Missouri

The weather, as of now, is supposed to be really nice.
    According to Weather Underground, 57* for the low and 80* for the high, no rain in the forecast either.

I'm planning on heading to the swap meet on Friday. There was plenty of stuff to see, last year on Friday. Then to the motel parking lot Friday evening. And of course the HAMB drags on Saturday,

6. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

For us that is part of the trip, leave early Friday stop at swap meet then off to Joplin.

7. boutlaw

boutlaw

Thanks guys. Sounds like quite a few do the one day swap meet to make drags on Saturday. Looking forward to both.

Boutlaw

8. Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos
    from Missery

A few of us are heading down to the swap meet. I have found some good items there over the years, we sell a bit too. our spaces are JO38-39 , we got rooms at the best western rt 66 , very nice rooms, a pool and can walk to food and ice cream ;p