Register now to get rid of these ads!

A-Bombers Old Style Weekend #18

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.B., Mar 25, 2013.

1. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

You have too many 3-windows now, Jan. People get confused! :D

2. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

I would like to express my absolutely sincere thanks to the A-Bombers, and especially J.B., Rolf, Mike, Nisse, Hakan, and Trasan, for making me feel so welcome once again.......this event is absolutely not to be missed if you've never been there.......authentic, real, and totally friendly........best event I have ever been to, and I've been to a lot of them!! The Vikings really know how to do it!!

CB

3. Nice!! Yours? :)

4. Majo

Majo

No, it's from Farmer's Car Club Sweden, more Pic's

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Majo

5. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Nice video from Gasoline. Also our friend Cuznbrucie chatting in the Gasoline tent. :D

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/_a6Hv4V_QM4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Haven't seen many pics of Glenn Billqvist's crazy car. Not your average hot rod, more a persons dreambuild of a pre war Land Speed Record car. This beast is built on a Delage DI chassi from 1924, with a 27 liter (1650 cui) Isotta Fraschini V12 engine from a WW2 Caproni bomber. The creator of this beast, named Il Drago Ruggente which means "The Roaring Dragon", is Glenn Billqvist from the south of Sweden. As you can see on the Gasoline video (2.27) above, he rides it up Devils Peak! Not the ultimate track for this huge car, but a whole lotta fun. :p

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

On this video, they started up the mighty engine for the first time. I bet the guys underwear needed to be changed after... :D Glenn is the guy on the left.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/STmk8bdkHDk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

6. radio_king

radio_king

7. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Love the laugh after it started, even thou they all looked like they would shit themself... Great video!

8. fenderless

fenderless
    from Norway

Need to get the Modell A back on the road and get lazy butt down there:D!

K

Taildragger&fenderless

9. Kustomism

Kustomism

Killer photos and vids,
    Awesome looking show

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

10. brad jenkinson

brad jenkinson

I just posted some pics of the red DeSoto race car on the link JJ started in feb. ALL I can say is if you can go to this event it IS WELL WORTH the trip! Like nothing here in the states and its done the way it should be done! Great time of year to go , Great people and great cars! Im very happy to have been able to race at this event and the A-Bombers are First class guys!

11. Thanks for the Pics,Is this event on the same weekend every year?
    Cheers

12. Christom

Christom

Awesome pix of awesome cars! Cheers....

13. Majo

Majo

14. Toast

Toast
    from Jenks, OK

Wow! Very cool stuff.

15. Thanx! Must go there again soon!

I especially like this action foto: [​IMG]

16. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

I like this style of action photo, driver howling but looks so relaxed doing it...
    [​IMG]

17. Esgee, if you look behind the driver, you see two more cars, so this was shot on the "show and get the track to know" run - the first run to the top, so both spectators and drives will get a feeling of what to expect the next couple of hours. When racing, only one car are allowed on the track at a time. :)

And having seen this driver up the hill, I would say, he does not looked relaxed, when the timing is on! So my guess is, he's just showing off! ;)

18. ESGEE

ESGEE
    from Sweden

Things is not allways what they look like, my bad...

19. Dang It" I am having injection of this stuff next year" To good to miss again

Save me some beers

Grunt