Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally starting project 35 acting like a 36

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by knotttty, Oct 8, 2010.

1. knotttty

knotttty

been doing some work... just not many pictures....it is going... slow but steady... I have my aluminum done for the interior ..it just needs some trimming

I got rid of the late 80's chevy column and we built one from one of the tech threads... it actually worked out ok..I think it looks way better.

Roy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. knotttty

knotttty

slow and steady ... is going along well....... slow and steady.... got the pedals figured out now .. and the steering... new floor panels in.. and my hold down straps in roughed in....

Roy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Your floor looks awesome, Roy!
    Also like how you made the pedals work around the steering column.
    Keep up the good work!

4. tnich123

tnich123

Roy

The truck is looking good. I am sure it is there and I just didnt read close enough but where did you get the bed sides? I have a 36 bobber truck as well but it has a model a bed on it. I want to build another bed. You arent planning on cutting that grille are you???? I am seriously thinking about adding fenders to mine but my stainless grille has been trimmed at the bottom for the fenderless theme so I am going to have to hunt another one that still has the bottom so I can bolt the fenders back on.

5. knotttty

knotttty

Thanx Martin... as I have said before.. your truck has had a big influence on mine... Ill try my best to do her proud.....:))

Roy

6. knotttty

knotttty

THanx Tnich..

there is a local guy here .,..who happened to have made a set for an old guy (older than me ..lol) and he kept the pattern .. he can make them any length.. and the price is very reasonable.. try your local metal fab shops.. they might surprise you what they can do..

I am not chopping my grill... but have trimmed the bottom ... to clean it up .. so the fender mounts are off now...

thanx for the positive comments..

Roy

7. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

I like the lines of this build. Cool ride.

8. knotttty

knotttty

Thanx Motoandy

I am having such a great time building it... glad you are enjoying ...

Roy

9. knotttty

knotttty

I did a little playing with the fuel tank... and sorted out my trans tunnel... bit by bit its getting there.... still having a great time... I have not got the least bit bored...lol....

Roy[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. knotttty

knotttty

just a couple night shots... still at it...

Roy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Very cool, man. Keep it up!

12. knotttty

knotttty

Thanx Martin.. and for the inspiration ...

Roy

13. barrnone50

barrnone50
    from texas

Great Job on your build! You nailed... Right on the money.

14. knotttty

knotttty

Thanx Baronone50 ... its slow and steady...lol.....

Roy

15. knotttty

knotttty

some more work today.,..

I inherited a sheet of 4x10 aluminum sheet with 1/4" holes.... thought it would go good with the hole theme... I thought painting it black underneath would look alright ..I am not to sure about it yet...

made a new steering column mount too... i like it better then the other one... did some more drilling .... lots more to go...

Roy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. hudson hot rod

hudson hot rod

Any more updates? I have been following this build from the start and really like your building style! I've got a frame jig coming soon and hope you don't mind if I "borrow" some of your ideas. Good work!

Just a quick question about registering your truck, I am here in BC too and have done the "ICBC shuffle" a couple of times, what do you have planned for the paper work?

17. pdc

pdc

You make this build look easy. Love the stance can't wait to see more. Any thoughts on color?

18. knotttty

knotttty

Hi hudson

thanx for the compliments... they give a boost to the ole ego...lol... you can borrow anything you like... were all here for the same reasons... if we can help each other in anyway.. all the better...

I have a some paperwork from the fellow i bought it from.... and also have the original trans.,.. with the numbers on it.... I have been told by the so called experts that is an easy way to get it done.

19. knotttty

knotttty

Thanx pdc

it has been such a learning experience building this truck..and a treat as well... its such a social thing for me and my friends to get together and hang in the shop.. love it.... I am thinking satin off white for the body... and satin black for the frame...

Roy

20. knotttty

knotttty

was working on my stake pockets.... almost done....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. knotttty

knotttty

22. Like how the stake pockets turned out.
    Are you going to leave them bolted, or weld the in there?
    What are you using for bed floor material?

Man, I wish we'd live closer. I'd really like to check it out in person!

23. knotttty

knotttty

THanx Martin..

I am going to use round head bolts to attach them... in like the look of the fasteners lol..

the bed is aluminum .. its just covered with the protective coating right now.. and the strips will be black.. kind of a new twist on the old wood bed thing...

the line in the floor going across is actually a lid for the trunk.. it will be hidden pretty much.. the trunk and battery box will reside there...

thanx so much for your interest.. the hamb is such a great place.. so many supportive people... we all need that at times to keep our interest...

have a great day,...

Roy

24. knotttty

knotttty

a few shots to keep me going...lol....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. knotttty

knotttty

Just a few of the bed.... seeing where everything is going to fit...

Roy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. rstene

rstene
    from langley

Looks great, I like your engine choice. I am going with a 4.3l vortec. Plenty of power for these light vehicles and can afford to put on lots of miles. Can't wait to get to where you are at. :D

27. knotttty

knotttty

thanx rstene ...what are you putting it into ? I would love to see some pictures .. I am still working on it... slow and steady.. more pictures to come .

28. Hi Roy, it's been a long time...
    Are you still working on the truck?