Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Pete Chapouris 1932 roadster "Limefire"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by grandet23, Dec 27, 2008.

1. In case anyone is unfamiliar with that car....

Attached Files:

calonego likes this.
  2. racemad55

racemad55

Doesn't Poteet have one similar to limefire?

3. matt73

matt73
    from va

Craig Naff did all the tin when he was at Boyds. Way cool car. Man im gettin old

4. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

It's now alive and well in Arcadia, CA. See it all the time, the new owner drives it quite a bit.....

5. Ford Capri 2.8 V6

He gave that car to his dad in 1978 at LA Roadsters Show. After his dad passed away in 85 that car sat for 10 years when Gray Baskerville talking him into bringing it back. He changed it up a bit and it became SIROD2.
    And shock of all horrors - it had billet parts on it by both Boyd Coddington and Lil John Buttera

6. kaydub

kaydub
    from Cali

Yeah, pretty loosely inspired by......

[​IMG]

7. grandet23

grandet23

Anyone have any photos of the interior, engine or underside of LIMEFIRE?

8. grandet23

grandet23

Interior photos any one????

9. LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

Hi, every one, i,m Frank from england, i,ve been looking around this interesting web site and came across this discussion about pete,s Limefire, i have a replicar of pete,s Lime fire which was built in England, my engine th'o is a 56 354 Hemi with 4 speed Manual mopar box, petes seen the car a couple of times in England, when he came over, the last time was at the NSRA SUPER NATIONALS, at old warden , biggleswade, , in Bedfordshire, if any ones interested i can put a few photo's of my car on here ? all the best, frank.

10. post them up Limefire

11. LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

Oky dok, will do, getting a bit late here at the 'mo' in fact its mid night, will do it tomorow as finding it a bit hard to concentrate worked very hard today putting up concrete fencing, off to sleep now, all the best, frank

12. The Limefire car used to run around here all the time when Robin Pellissier owned it. And yes, he used to street race it against all the local guys on Corwin Rd. out by the Apple Valley Airport. That part of the legend of Limefire is 100% true.

Robin also used to own a couple of badass '64 Hemi Belevederes, and one of his Belvederes held SS/BA record for many years.

13. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Sure looks like Ricklefs had a hand in on that.

14. A Boner

A Boner

Is the limefire 32 roadster the last hot rod Pete built for himself?

15. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

Yes Dennis Ricklefs flamed it!

A whole bunch of us worked on that car.
    I built the chassis & roll cage & mounted the body.
    Somewhere I have cool shots of it rolling out of my shop
    Jake built the headers & other details
    Craig Neff did the aluminum interior
    John Carambia & Tim Beard did the paint
    We did the final assembly at Pete's house.
    I've probably over looked some one, like I said there was a bunch of us!!!

Lorenzini likes this.
  16. Pete Eastwood

Pete Eastwood
    from california

The little green '27 was another team effort

Jake & Pete built the chassis
    I mounted the body & did the fiberglass work
    Steve Davis did the hood & belly pans
    Scotty Scotton did the paint
    Little John Buttera made the windshield posts

I love that car . . .

Lorenzini and calonego like this.
  17. CNC-Dude

CNC-Dude

Its on the cover of a "Special Edition" Best of Hot Rod Magazine, 1988.

18. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thank you P-Wood for chiming in. It's always great to hear it from the horse's mouth! I've admired your work on back to the P&J coupes and your '32 3w.

19. I shoot a few shots of this car every time I see it at the SoCal Open House, especially the interior. It's a "how-to" on sitting low in a roadster.

Attached Files:

20. A few more interior shots.

Attached Files:

21. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

That car is a fukk'n inspiration. You can have your 50's era-correct car, this is my speed...

Cyclone Kevin likes this.
  22. LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

hi, right here are some 'pics' of my hot rod in england,which was built in the mid 1990's after seeing pete,s limefire, details of build available if anyone wants to know, will try to put pic's on now, cheers.

Attached Files:

23. Pewsplace

Pewsplace

I watched Limefire being built at various shops and thought that is was one of the best efforts of the team. As I recall, the car was built in a short period of time in order to meet magazine deadlines of Hot Rod. I first saw the completed car at CSR open house in Huntington Beach in the late 80's.

Pete's SO-CAL Special was also a trend setter and I believe Eastwood built that chassis also. The New Traditionalist Parts put SO-CAL Speed Shop back in business and started the bias tire (skinny tires and wheels) trend that is so popular today.

I still feel that Pete Eastwood, Pete and Jake are responsible for building traditional style hot rods that will be in style for many years. I have been a fan for many years and hope the trio keeps the fire burning for many more years.

24. fatkoop

fatkoop

x2!!

25. Limefire - a really neat car which has certainly stood the test of time. It was one of the cars which influenced my own car. Neat lineup of talent in that build too.

The 27 T roadster - different to Limefire but equally cool for its own stance and style. Again a neat lineup of talent there!

I cant begin to imagine what it must have been like being part of the crew who built those cars. They are cars which still stir the soul for many worldwide after so many years. Everyone involved deserves to be very proud of their part in each car...you guys wrote history.

26. TJ Muroc

TJ Muroc
    from Norway

Limefire in UK

Nice roadster. I saw your car at the Supernats in 1999. I especially liked your interior. One of many high quality cars built in England.

I also think the Limefire car is cool. The Eastwood and Barakat car, Limefire and the Lobeck car are the reason for my love of Firestone Dirt track tires.

TJ
    Norway

27. I was never crazy about the color but in my opinion Pete redefined what a hot rod was and should be,,fast and cool. HRP

28. LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

LIMEFIRE ENGLAND.

Thank you for your kind words, the interior has not changed still as good as new, still got the same dash which was hand made, its a sand casting in aloy of two Hemi rocker covers, when you saw it in 1999 did it have the 440ci or the Hemi in it ? regards frank.

29. wizzard23

wizzard23

Most praise ever for a couple of glass cars. Where's the cops on this one?

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

that little green '27 was one of my favorites too. Although I have to admit, I liked it lots better on the original set of radials than the later bias plys and white walls. I think Gray Baskerville wrote some to the effect of "...and the whole billet revolution in hot rodding could have stopped and started on that pair of Lil' John whittled windshield posts..." just flat a bitchin' little car!