Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Just a thought for the grille, if you fancied something a little different.

[​IMG]

2. guido`s 40

guido`s 40
    from nebraska

wanting to put some different wheels on the truck and am considering a 10 inch wide five window on the rear and a four inch five spoke on the front but not sure if polished or grey centers would look best. Any help would be appreciated

Attached Files:

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Hmmm. I sort of like the wide, jet intake, look it has now. Interesting thought though. Looking at the front with the headlights fixed, what it really needs is to lose the rectangular park lamps. Round ones, about 3" diameter, recessed an inch or so into the bumper?

4. Are painting the bumper again, or getting it replated?

5. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

6. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

I'm apparently also internet retarded, I tried to post a bigger pic but they all came out the same size, I will try again. Thanks
    T

7. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

8. Ruben, that looks pretty good. A certain symmetry with the angle of the grill opening and the headlight eyebrows.

Brian, I think a smaller Ford emblem would look better. Check out the ones on mid-'90s Ranger mini-pickups.

9. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

kcbeardclub - this should give you (and the wifey) a little idea of what it could look like.....

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 9, 2013
  10. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

Fantastic, looks like you dropped the front end another couple of inches also!!

11. Bump..

12. Anyone care to change my gray to red and the black scallops to white, thanks

[​IMG]

13. FLX

FLX
    from Germany

I hope you like it:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. FLX

FLX
    from Germany

And one I did just for fun:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. Tony Ray

Tony Ray

Any chance getting my truck done or did i need a better pic?

16. 95ttoplt1

95ttoplt1
    from Tennessee

Hey guys I am trying to figure out a paint scheme and stance for my Ranchero. I want something along the early 60's Bonneville salt racer look(to me this is simple two tone paint, low level stance, bigger wheels and moon caps)

I want to leave the body stock, no chop or shorten, trying to keep it simple. Maybe one with skirts on the back, and one with out. The red and white is ok, but maybe reversed from its current state. Or knock your self out! Wide white walls are a must I think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Thanks man, you guys make it easy for me not to screw up my stuff...lol

18. Just one last request. I would like to see some white steelies with trim rings and moons. Thanks.

IMG_1082.JPG

IMG_1081.JPG

19. Ruben Duran

Ruben Duran

20. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

I am wondering if you might be able to help me visualize my current project.[​IMG]

1) eliminate the side mounts
    2) channel the body ~3 inches (keep the front fenders where they are, drop the rest)
    3) change color to a dark, deep blue (not navy) with a lighter blue on the raised portions
    4) with blackwall tires
    5) top color? I do not know...

thank you for your time and skills!

21. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Ok guys, here is a challenge. take a highend streetrod and give it a custom vibe. This car has been sections, chopped and many other custom touches but was given a streetrod stance. . I have been telling the owner to add skirts and a set of big billetrim/whitewall (big brakes prevent standard hubcap/whitewall look) and lower the rear. Since this is a done car, can not touch the body.

so can you help and do a shot with full skirt and added rims (ya it will still be a highend street rod but hopefully with a more vintage flair.

here are a few different views and the wheels I would like added
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here is the big billet hubcap/whitewall combo.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

if you need a better pic of the car, let me know and I will find one

22. kcbeardclub

kcbeardclub
    from KCMO

Hey Ruben, hell of a job on the 'ol 51, do you think you could do me a kindness and put in black wheels with a maroon ring, I would also like to see if I can do a two tone, black above the doors, black bumper and black and maroon wheels? Thank you guys for your help, it's pretty awesome that you guys are able to help the rest of us see what our ideas look like. It really does help.
    T

23. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

I know that this'll be the subject of wild derision here, but I think I'm gonna leave it painted body color. The car will be bright silver over charcoal, and the bumpers, at least the front will be body color. The rear I plan on having the bumperettes and dagmars chromed.

In my defense, rolled pans were VERY widely done in the early 60's, and with a little nip/tuck, the front bumper will appear to be part of the body, not a big chrome afterthought.

Attached Files:

24. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

You're messing with perfection with that Auburn in many eyes, but it's Hot Rodding, right? :D You should make a trip up to the Gilmore Museum here, and check out the Auburns, one of the patrons has 3 (THREE) Auburns in a dark blue/lilac/silver paint scheme, a sedan I believe like yours, and 2 boat-tails. You can see a close approximation of your concept in the flesh. Sorry, I don't have any pics...

Brian

25. weps

weps
    from auburn,IN

Thanks Brian, my car is a basket case, so I am thinking of a few changes.I am trying to get the car lower more like a L29 by eliminating the tall frame skirt between the door bottom and top of the running boards.
    If you compare a brougham ( 2dr sedan) to a phaeton, the later is SO much lower, (ground to top)but the chassis' are all the same...
    My thoughts/ideas are not quite in line with the HAMB, nor Auburn purists.
    However, the photo shop skill set on here is second to none.
    It is entirely possible that a 'chopped' pic will prove or convince me that I am completely wrong.
    Now is the time for me to see that, before I screw things up.
    Thank you all for your understanding.
    Those sound like a nice color combo, I will search for pics

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  26. I made a start. Can´t help thinking the rear fenders need to be raised to match the fronts better.

[​IMG]

27. N.Ozols

N.Ozols
    from Latvia

[​IMG]
    the rake of the roof and the middle pillar are the things that look off novv

28. daddio211

daddio211

29. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Agreed. And, the top needs to come down with the body sectioned, looks WAY too tall now. It had better proportions before the section.

Brian

30. Rot 'n Kustom

Rot 'n Kustom

Here is my take. It's not what you asked for, but another way to visualize the car. I used the 1930 Ruxton for inspiration.

[​IMG]
    Auburn02 by DaveTartaglia, on Flickr