Register now to get rid of these ads!

Copy of a 1934 Ford Coupe Seat

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 4ever18, Mar 25, 2011.

1. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

x2 !

2. 31pickemup

31pickemup

Id love a complete seat for a 32 3 window or the patterns and what to use to build one

3. millersgarage

millersgarage

I like the idea. Is a coupe seat the same as a Cabriolet?

If so I could really use this.

4. Rags To Richs

Rags To Richs

Im redoing my 32 Hiboy Roadster to a more nostalgia driver.... I would really like to replicate the original 32 seat. I have been reading your post and I must say one great job.... If you have drawings available I really would appreciated getting copies of the seat that you built for your 32 Ford......... Thanks Rich King

[​IMG]

5. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

So, are there 32 3 Window seats, plans or templates available?
    I'm going to be in Pigeon Forge next month (May).

6. Those are some handsome seats! Side bolsters give the seat a finished look.

I took the easy way out for our roadster. Wanted a bench seat and took one from a S10 truck. Chopped about 5" from the center and recovered it. The back folds forward for trunk access.

7. captainray

captainray

Outstanding work, really great seat. I'm building a 34 Ford Coupe, would really like to have a set of patterns for that seat... wondering if anyone that has the patterns and is done with them if I could get a copy... would surely appreciate it.

8. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows the measurements for this seats or how I could get a copy of the patterns for the seat.

Thank you very much!

Last edited: Jul 19, 2013
  9. jefscoupe

jefscoupe

I guess we scared him off with all the requests.
    Either that or he's busy drawing up seats for a 1919 Getoutnpush.:D

10. bobby_Socks

bobby_Socks
    from ǑǃƕǑ

Send him a PM and he will get back with you.

11. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

I tried that, lets hope we are not keeping him too busy :D

12. 4ever18

4ever18

Hello, everyone.

Thank you for all the kind remarks and complements for my effort at making one of these seats. Since I only have patterns for the '33/4 Ford coupe seat, I can only guess at the likelyhood of this seat fitting other years. For several years, the seats all appear to be of the same style, even other brands. But, since the springs are not the same (referring to the supplier's catalog), it's a good bet that the seat frames are different sizes as well. Of course, a torch, saw, hammer, and a welder can re-size most any piece of metal. 😜

Darrell

13. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

We made a bench seat for our 32, the upholstery process to follow :)

Attached Files:

14. hot312ford

hot312ford
    from california

15. hot312ford

hot312ford
    from california

16. hot312ford

hot312ford
    from california

GREAT ARTICLE AND PICS. I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO TRACK DOWN A SEAAT WOOD KIT OR PATTERN TO BUILD ONE FOR SOME TIME. EVERY TIME I FIND ON ON THE WEB ENDS UP DEAD END OR THEY HAVE STOPPED MAKING WOOD KITS. AS WITH FORD SCRIPT HARDWARE IN MICH. IF YOU STILL HAVE PATTERNS I WOULD BE PROUD TO BY A SET. I CAN BE REACHED AT 714 863-2539 OR EMAIL @ [email protected]. OR EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE A KIT THAT CAN BE KNOCKED DOWN LIKE THE ONE IN THE PICS I WOULD BE INTERESTED IN BUYING.

17. Lorijean34

Lorijean34

I'm new to H.A.M.B and I see this thread is old but I'm interested in replacing the bucket seats in my '34 Ford 3w with a bench seat and the reproduction one your showing looks to be just what I'm looking for. I'd be interested in any updated information on this bench seat you could supply.

18. 4ever18

4ever18

I recently built one of my seats for a long time friend. Years ago, he had replaced the original seat with one of the Glide products. Lately, he & his son were wanting to go back to a more traditional appearing seat. Rather than utilize original springs, he used modern foam and carved a comfortable shape. By bolting the seat directly to the floor (no sliding tracks), and eliminating the springs, he has plenty of headroom in the chopped ‘34 3 window. He did his own upholstery. I think it turned out great. IMG_4670.jpeg IMG_4707.jpeg IMG_4739.jpeg

RICH B and alchemy like this.