Register now to get rid of these ads!

electric fuel pumps??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ohiohotrods, Aug 7, 2013.

1. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

whats a good QUIET electric fuel pump I can run on a 40 ford - I will be mounting it between the tank and the rear spring mount crossmember. I got a holley blue that I tried and it has corrected my initial problem but I believe it is too noisy. any help??? or opinions?? thanks

2. stimpy

stimpy

any type of gearrotor pump should be quiet like a mallory , a vane pump is always is going to be noisy .

3. DOUBLEZO

DOUBLEZO
    from SACramento

I run this one from napa. No problems in the last two years. Also very quiet.

Attached Files:

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

also, use a piece of rubber to place between pump & frame

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I've pretty much used Holleys over the years and some of them are noisier than others........one I had sounded like an air compressor. Now I run Carter electric pumps and love them. You can buy one that has a low pressure rating and it is very quiet, I have to listen closely to know it is running.

Don

Here is the one I am running:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/crt-p4602rv

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  6. 87Heaven

87Heaven

I have the same problem as ohiohotrods.

40 Ford on my second pump, first one was loud then it went out.

Second has high output but really loud.

Looking at the Summit catalog last night seems like 3 to 4 hundred dollars will get you a quite pump!

Is that the answer?

7. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Edelbrock Quiet-Flo Electric Fuel Pump.

8. Vandy

Vandy
    from L.A. Ca

I use the round one that AutoZone sells, it comes in two pressure ratings, has a filter & a rubber wrapped mounting bracket. Around $40 if I remember right. I have one on my daily driver (3 years) no issues. It's quiet, or at least I think it's quiet.

9. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

10. black 62

black 62
    from arkansas

pumps that require a regulator are usually not needed on cars running 12.50 or slower in the quarter---i have been running a small cheapy for several years now,i put it in while waiting for a kit for a blue and never found a need to replace it---i use a separate fuel supply for nitrous with a blue pump , but it is not needed for 12 second passes...

11. Pa G.

Pa G.
    from CT

Anyone have any experience with the Carter P74029 in a deadhead (no return line situation)? I'm thinking of using one with on a fairly mild 283 with a rochester 4G. Since it maxes out at 5.5 psi., I don't think a regulator should be necessary. Sounds like my situation is similar to the OP's.

12. slatetar

slatetar
    from london

I run this one from napa.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. LOW LID DUDE

LOW LID DUDE
    from Colorado

I bought the red Holly piece of shit $130.00 Makes so much noise I can hear it over my loud roadster headers .Even mounted in rubber pad ,still is loud. I would never buy one of these again.