Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Can a 1963 Dodge Dart be cool?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lrs30, Aug 7, 2013.

1. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I know that they can i just want to see some that you guys may have sitting around. I know I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I may end up with a pretty nice Dodge Dart GT 1963 with a 383 yada in a trade. It's set up "gasser style" ( I know the phrase is over used these days) but the guy kinda missed the mark on the exhaust and the rear wheel tire set up. So can any of you guys that have one or have pics post them up for me..

2. Google is our friend...I see the inner fender panels were removed....

Attached Files:

3. 2racer

2racer

If you buy a car to be cool you have missed the whole point....

ironfly28 likes this.
  4. He asked if the car could be cool - not if it would make him cool

Big Difference :cool:

5. Hell ya earley A bodys make great hotrods

6. Ditch the narrowed rear end, and trade the disk brake wheels for some of the straight spoke instead and you'll be well on your way. And I agree, the exhaust is a bit goofy.

7. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

anything can be cool, if done right.

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nuh-uh..............you are.

Wait...what's the point again? :confused:

9. kursplat

kursplat

:D just what i was thinking. they make great cruisers, gassers, sleepers or DD's

10. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Hey man I'm already cool with or without the Dart, well my nephew thinks so and he is only 16 months old! Yhea I googled Darts already and saw some, but wanted to see what the HAMB population had..

11. Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  12. moparron426

moparron426

I think they are very cool as a gasser or A/FX style car.:cool:

like these:

Attached Files:

13. Those top three are 1965s.

14. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

This one is a real nice car, California solid car. I will look for some pics or take some this weekend.. The funny farm is turning out some killer cars for sure...

15. Fenderwell headers are the ONLY way to be able to run headers with a big block with a '63 - '66 A-body Dart or Valiant. These never had a big block from the factory, and are set up for a small block or a Slant Six. So, fenderwell headers are it.

16. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

I has new fender well headers on it it's a done running car all new interior and everything to make it more reliable.. You know pumps, bearings, brakes, yada yada. Painted and all. It just needs some steelies and cheater slicks on the back, and maybe a altered wheel base....lol

17. "Shocker" on here runs a nice 64' with a small block....and he's doing really good with it...

and...love's me an A-body....

18. the Esserman car is cool enough for me. Letter it up, put period mags all the way around and have fun!

19. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Well for some damn reason I can't post a pic of it from my I-pad.. I plan on looking at it tonight I will snap a few cell phone pics and see if I can't post them up that route.... Keep the pics coming guys, I'm really starting to like this little car...

20. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Anybody else have any pics of them set up as either a race car or a custom cruiser?

21. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

I tryed to do a trade for one a few years back but the gal said was granpas car and I am sure it is still setting and rotten.

22. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Heading to look at this little gem, what's the difference between a 383 mopar big block, and a MAGNUM 383? The guy is making out like its a big deal. I'm just thinking its a sticker on the air cleaner kinda deal. Haha I'm not a mopar guy obviously.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

23. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Here is a 64 wagon "lowrider". Just add a couple more doors, extend the roof........

Attached Files:

24. TexasDart

TexasDart

I think 65 Darts can be cool...don't know about 63s though...:)

Attached Files:

25. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I think the '63-'67 Darts are all great looking, but the '63-'65 are the best looking of the bunch! I really love them without the front bumper, as the frontend is such a clean design. They make a great gasser or A/FX car!

26. Magnum is just a word for their HP motor. 4 barrel, heads,cam and exhaust package. Any of the late 383 low deck blocks can be made to magnum specs. The factory motors are stamped HP and date coded on a pad in the front of the block and are desireable to some one building an original muscle car. A set of 906 heads a good cam and headers and poof you have a Magnum. 915 heads may also be a winner not sure on that.

27. greybeard360

greybeard360

Not to be confused with a 62 Dart... LOL

[​IMG]

28. greybeard360

greybeard360

Here is a 65 I restored for the guy in the blue shirt in the background. He owned the car since 67.... he was 85 when we started on the car !!!

[​IMG]

29. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

If your going to go the straight axle route make sure and move the front and rear axle centerlines ahead. This seperates the men from the boys. Putting an axle in the front is easy , but building an altered wheelbase car isn't and they're makes way cooler.