Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cherrybomb Traditional Hot Rod muffler

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 01Dudley, Aug 7, 2013.

1. 01Dudley

01Dudley

I was wondering if anyone has used these? I came across them at Rodstalgia.com for $28ea and was wondering what they sound like? They don't have glass in them and are louvered on the inside. Just curious.
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. fsae0607

fsae0607

They sound good. Check out youtube for sound clips.

3. Are these comparable to Porters? I like Porters but they are hand made which = expensive.

4. hawkerdriver

hawkerdriver

"Disturbing the peace since 1968"

5. I ran cherry bombs back in the 60's,,they always sounded good. HRP

6. Deuces

Deuces

You got that right!...:mad::D

7. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

I ran Cherry Bomb header mufflers on a car with a hopped up 327. They sounded real nice. Not too loud, deep exhaust tone.

8. 6t5frlane

6t5frlane
    from New York

I have them on a full exhaust to the back. They sound great

9. milner3268

milner3268
    from buffalo NY

These sound Awesome,I have been doing custom exhaust for 25+ years these sound like the old round thrush woodpecker mufflers .And there cheap !!!!!

10. These are NOT the same as the Cherry Bombs that folks ran back in the 60's. Similar, but not the same. The case is styled after the Original Hot Rod muffler - Smithy
    The OP says there is no glass in then but the press release from Cherry Bomb says they are glass packs, so not sure what is true.....

11. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Yup...not the same outer construction as the originals. Not saying that's good or bad, just saying. The originals had glass in 'em, and would burn out over time and get louder. If these have glass, they'll do the same thing. If it's all steel construction, then they won't. The outer construction reminds me of the cheaper glass packs you could buy years ago...and they'd rust out after a while...kind of thin wall. The original Cherry Bomb's outer construction was better. But if these are aluminized, they might last longer.

12. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

Just realized I have these on my truck. They sound good. Mellow but good.

13. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

My father always ran these (the glass packs) on his trucks so from a nostalgic point I love them!!! Are they steel packs? If they make a steel pack I might be interested in putting a pair on my '35.

14. outlaw256

outlaw256

they still make the old school bomb, im ordering 2 as we speak.they sounded good then and they sound good now!!!my all time fav. glass pack..i like it better than even porter

15. pitman

pitman

The pic resembles the Thrush muffler design of olde.

16. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

I used to run those thrush mufflers in the 80s, they were awesome with a SB but were way loud with the BB. I am going to have to get a set, they were my favorite muffler.

17. V8 Bob

V8 Bob
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

18. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

I like 'em.... Running them behind a 351W, and they sound great ! They tend to get a bit loud after a while.......

4TTRUK

19. I have that shirt!

Sam

20. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

When I was 16 I had a '57 Chev sedan delivery with a nice 327 and Hooker headers with a pair of Cherry Bombs. When I'd pull up to my GF's house and idle, it vibrated the windows in her Dad's house - they always knew when I was there!

My '46 came with an old rusty one on it, and I think it will stay. I'll need another old one to go with it though...

The good ol' days!

21. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

I don't think my GF's Dad enjoyed them like I did though. It was loud as hell inside that big steel box going down the highway too!

22. 01Dudley

01Dudley

HotRoddon is right. These are not the same as the old glasspack we all know so well. These are new from Cherrybomb and do not have any thing in them at all. They are louvered about 1/2 way thru and I was told they have a nice deep rumble. I just wondering if anyone came confirm that?

http://shop.rodstalgia.com/TRADITIONAL-OL-SKOOL-MUFFER-CB-87885.htm

23. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods