Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 Cadillac dash trim removal

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55CadillacTed, Aug 5, 2013.

1. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

the picture you're looking at is the finned chrome trim piece on the dash of my 55 Cad. It's located just to the left of the main dash bezel, and that is the knob to the headlights.
    i'm having trouble figuring out why this dash trim piece can't be removed.
    I removed the two nuts that bolted it in place (those are where my two fingers are pointing to).
    It does not seem like the headlight knob is holding it in place. I don't see any nuts, bolts, threads or setscrews holding the knob in place.

anyone know how to remove this gal?
    thanks

Haywire
    www.BrooklynLeather.com

Attached Files:

2. Remove the light switch knob and rod. Do that by pressing the button on the switch and remove. Then remove the bezel and switch.

3. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

hey 325w, what do you mean "by pressing the button on the switch"?
    There is no button to push. You pull the knob to turn the lights on. I don't see any other way the knob can be unscrewed, or turned, or pressed.
    ?

4. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

You need to put your hand behind the dash, touching the headlight switch. On the side opposite the wires you will feel a small spring loaded button. Hold it down while you pull the headlight knob all the way out.
    See post #3 here: http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=189942

Curly

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

5. 55CadillacTed

55CadillacTed

secret spring loaded button. i'll look for it.
    i would have never known that.
    thanks fellas!!

6. Be sure you disconnect the battery. You'll run it down removing the switch.