Register now to get rid of these ads!

4th annual Washington State E vs W Flathead reliability run Sept 14th 2013!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Feb 8, 2013.

1. oldebob

oldebob
    from Spokane WA

Maybe this year some of us could drive over to the wet side to help them out with their car count?.

2. DWL

DWL
    from Oregon

We will help out the "wet" side, since we are on the wet side of Oregon.

3. Is anyone on the west side meeting at a certain location for the run? I've had 2 calls asking me if there is a meeting place over in Seattle?

4. antiqueautomike

antiqueautomike
    from Spokane

In years past The Spokane group has met in the morning @ Antique Auto Ranch. This option is still open to those that want to caravan over.

5. One month away!!!

6. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

7:00AM meeting time at the McDonalds in Monroe is what we did last year and plan to do this year as well.

7. going out highway 2? I'm kinda scared of going over that way... it also adds about 70 miles if leaving from Seattle.

8. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Put on your big boy pants.

9. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There have to be enough guys coming from Seattle and south to have a group come over on 90 Hitchhiker. On the first one I followed a group of hard running flatheads from Kittitas to Vantage. It would be easy enough for a number of people (cars) to meet at some spot in North Bend and head over together.

As a couple of guys said, this is one of the most laid back and easy going events you will ever take a car to. The only requirement is that your vehicle actually has a FLATHEAD in it. The quality of the cars has gotten better every year though along with the stories of the trip there by some of the folks.

I'll be there camera in hand and probably parked way out back in the very cheap seats.

10. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

You don't have to drive a flathead car to make the run. Only flatheads will count though.

11. Joe King

Joe King

I got a few cases of Krylon purple so as soon as I see Dug pull out of his drive way I'm breakin in painting the 5 window and be on my way.

12. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

You might want to think twice about that Walter. Pay back's a bitch.

13. Joe King

Joe King

so you'll paint my truck too, win win for me

14. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I'm thrashing for this event! It'll be down to the wire. Still wont have glass though.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

15. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

You Matt and I are in the same boat. I just decided to try and make it. Maybe we should have some work parties.

16. I'm just waiting on a couple more $20 dollar parts and I'll be bolted back together...also I need your extra model A rear end.

17. Haha...yeah. it's just a steep hill, right?

18. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Yep, just a steep hill or two.

19. Hell, I've driven most my old cars over both passes many of times. It's not near as bad as people would think.

20. who knows if it will even be ready. I keep doing the "might as well"...

21. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Yeah but you go the other way:confused:...We leave the thinking to you eastsiders.:D

22. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

It's not extra till the juice rear is bolted in mine;):p

23. I should just take that whole chassis. Install my extra engine and trans. Bolt down the willys tub and boom. Instant jalopy.

24. F91

F91

My 50 Fordor will be making the trek to the dry side. Sounds like a damn good time!

25. The other way?? I gotta go over, then back the other way on the way home.

26. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

Maybe those guys think there's no return. It's only 150 miles each way. How hard is that? If you have a flathead powered anything, and you have to think about it, then you should find a new hobby. Jeez...

27. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Shit. Man, I just dumped like 2k into my t to try and get it on the road. Haven't even fired my motor I dug out of a field! I'll be rolling on 7.50s and 4.11 gears with a 39 box. I'm thinkin 60 might be pushing it, so If you get your jalopy going ill cruise with ya guys!

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1376546578.323698.jpg

Hey Chris, that big ass hill use to have water stops on it so the poor fellas with flattys could refill!!

28. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

I melted down a very expensive motor on this run 3 years ago. That hill is daunting to me

29. J scow

J scow
    from Seattle

Well Hell, hustling to get the cars done is half the fun. It's good motivation.

30. I know my truck will pull Stevens pass no problem, It might just be a little slow. It's my buddy Chad's stock A coupe that has me worried. we'll just take it slow.