Register now to get rid of these ads!

My 60 Elcamino turned fenderless hot rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Docfranknstein, Jul 28, 2006.

1. cmarcus

cmarcus

Agreed!! Let's see it!

2. [​IMG]

.........this picture makes my stomach hurt. :eek::mad:

3. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

4. edweird

edweird

what he said and more!

5. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Here are the " Lil Monsters" Oh and My Krazy Truck is now run'in a Chebbie for power, and before some new guy says "Hey Your truck looks like Plowboys" it is really the fact that I bnuilt Mine 1st and His was inspired by Mine, but it's all good. Von Doc

Attached Files:

AHotRod and kiwijeff like this.
  6. gonmad

gonmad

BITCHIN..... STILL!! When's it gonna be finished?!?!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

7. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Finished, I don't know money is tight right about now, but hopefully before the end of the world, unless that's next month, if that's the case I'm screwed. Von Doc

kiwijeff likes this.
  8. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

at first when i read the tittle i was like what...? but that thing looks badass!! verry creative. cant wait to see it all done.

9. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Here is another of the project cars being built in the "Lab", it's a 54 Buick 4 door with the back doors welded shut, a tree fell on this car so the roof has been removed, It belongs to My bud "The Savage" and has Monte Carlo front and rear suspension, a Carson top is in the plans for this one. Von Doc

Attached Files:

10. toledobill

toledobill

I’m getting serious vibes of Dick Tiago on this one. I always thought a ’60 Elky would be a better start than Dick’s ’57 Ranchero. Can’t wait to see how it works out.

11. gonmad

gonmad

Never know, the Mayans might be right!!! LMAO!!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

12. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

well I hate to do this but the Sonic Needle is for sale, if interested it is on e-bay right now, just type in a search and it should pop right up. Von Doc

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  13. Sorry I missed it. How many days was it up? Any more pictures? Hope you got a great price for it.

14. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Well it went for 15k, but the buyer sent me 2 grand and then flaked, so I still have the car, so I just put an add in the classifeds hear on the hamb to see who has what for trade, please pm Me with interesting offers. Von Doc

15. I love it. Reminds me of the time when Hot Rods were really stripped down street cars. Let see some more of these creations. Let's get hot rodding back to the day when you built your car from parts purchased at your local salvage yard and not out of someones after market catalog.

16. manyolcars

manyolcars

Big Daddy Roth would be proud of your work

17. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein

Well It's still not finish finished but I sent the Wife to see about getting a moving permit from the DMV, somehow I could not sign in to My real account from 02 so I made this account, now that My moving is done I hope to be more active on the hamb again. Von Doc

18. Fantastic craftsmanship! Looks KILLER!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. DocFrankenstein

DocFrankenstein

Thank's Felipe, My Wife just called and got Me the moving permit, I'm look-in forward to a spin around the block on the street, cause the most I've driven the " Needle " has been year after year in Gene Winfield's park-in lot. Von Doc

20. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Hot Damn, I got some help and got signed in to My original account, that makes Me feel better, when I take the " Needle for a spin I will try and snap some pix. Von Doc

21. THE KUSTOMIZER

THE KUSTOMIZER
    from south nj
    1. 60s Show Rods

22. gonmad

gonmad

I wondered if that thing ever got finished, nice to see it again!!

Posted from the throne room using the Wicked kustom H.A.M.B. App!

23. lowsled2

lowsled2
    from Florida

Man I love all the Docfranknstien builds!
    I spoke with Doc's Son though eBay message few weeks back asking if the Sonic Needle was painted yet. He said he thinks it is. I would love to see it man!:)

24. RamJet1

RamJet1

Accidently found this build, and love it!
    Great work and imagination. Looking forward to updates.

25. Glad to see you back! Pics?

26. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

Thank's for the interest Guys, No pix or cruz for Me today, I need the Wife to call and put some insurance on the car before I take it out, ( I have it in a 20 foot container, it would not fit had I not narrowed it haha.) and the Wife is gone to play bingo, She is hooked on the bingo. Manyolcars thank You for the complement, Ed was one of My Hero's as a kid, as a matter of fact I 1st met Him when He was workin at Knott's Berry Farm , I saw Him and ran up and started talkin with Him, My Mom walked up yellin" leave that man alone", Ed said " Who's that? " I said that's My Mom yellin, He thought I said Hellen and He told Mom "He's not botherin Me " here let Me draw Ya somethin, and He drew up a Rat Fink for us , the Fink is sayin To Hellen, We thanked Him and left, Mom said "Who is Hellen " I said "You I think", I will try and scan that old drawing, and show it off, after all I've treasured it for a lot of years but rarely have I shown it off. Von Doc

27. Gas_Tires_Oil

Gas_Tires_Oil

Can't wait to see it again.

28. lowsled2

lowsled2
    from Florida

001.jpg
    I Stole this Pic from e-bay....Great shot!

kiwijeff and Maverick Daddy like this.
  29. Docfranknstein

Docfranknstein

I have not posted for a while because somebody I thought was a friend turned Me into the county, I'm pretty sure I know who it was and turns out the county don't like 20ft storage containers and anything over 120 sq foot needs a permit, so I had to get an enclosed car trailer to store the "Needle" in and haul of the 20, what a hassle but Iv'e been starting the motor and running it fairly regularly so I should be able to cruz around soon, when I do I'll let You know. Von Doc

OahuEli and Gas_Tires_Oil like this.
  30. Great to see your still doin it. One of my favourite builds here, I have often wondered how things were going.
    Keep the updates coming, your car has lots of fans here.