Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 1920 T Roadster Build Thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by -Brent-, Apr 11, 2010.

1. powerwagonmaniac1

powerwagonmaniac1
    from Aloha, OR

Brent,congrats on the little guy pretty soon he'll be asking for the keys to the hot rods soon enough. Be glad you only have A a house I 've got three 40x 80 pole barns I am cleaning 4 generations of stuff out of and remodeling.Thank god Mrmodelt's (Clayton) and Inkedforlife's (Troy) help! I can't wait to see your roadster done.

2. Love the car!

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

3. 4bangerNick

4bangerNick

Dig the thread!!!

4. sixty8c10

sixty8c10

I just spent the last three hours reading through this whole thing. Awesome build. nuff said.

-Brent- likes this.
  5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So Brent, did you ever get this little car back together? I had kinda forgot about this one, and you were damn near done. Anything?

6. MrModelT

MrModelT

Agreed....what is the latest?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's in the attic of my shop. So much happened since blowing it apart for paint. We bought a house and I spent 18 months remodeling it pretty much every day... save for about ten days.

Then 2 kids came along. And I've been completely dedicated to them. I work on stuff when they're asleep but haven't yet pulled the car down.

I'm not in a rush... as you can tell. I have been enjoying stuff outside of cars. I've restored some old tools and been setting up my shop. Look me up on Instagram (KungFuBowler) and you can see some of the things u have been up to.

I will get back onto the car, for sure... it will be a bit, though.

8. Olson

Olson

I just read through this one the other day myself. My son will be 20 this year. I've had old cars all along the way, but this is the first I've really been able to tackle a real project. Yours will be there when you're ready. The time really does fly by fast...sounds like you're making the most of it.

-Brent- likes this.
  9. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Glad to hear your distractions have been happy ones! I can't help but comment though, that science has figured out a cure for children! Just kidding.... Now, go stare at the car a bit and remember how close you are.

10. gbones32coupe

gbones32coupe

Wow I just saw this thread do not know how I missed this one but read through the whole thing and I like it you do some nice work great job bringing some old steel back to life I looks great. It must be a blast to drive

Sent from my LM-Q720 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Another year, any progress?

Outback likes this.
  12. -Brent-

-Brent-

It's sitting in storage as a pile of parts and for sale (locally, no ad on the HAMB). I'd like to use the money for stuff to finish my coupe.

It was a neat project to learn on but, ultimately, it was a distraction. Really, it just needs to be assembled with a tiny bit of fabrication left.

13. Kume

Kume

14. -Brent-

-Brent-

Nah, it's a good thing. Most of the parts are still together and I'm building what I truly wanted. I learned over the years that all the distractions didn't help me in other areas of life. This little car taught me a bunch, helped me meet folks in the area (I was new to Utah at the time), and it'll help pay for stuff the coupe needs. I look at all those as positives.

Outback, Model A Mark and cactus1 like this.
  15. Kume

Kume

Fair enough - I have come close to abandoning my T roadster build too as life gets in the way but am still at it after 10 years. I may even finish it one day. Thanks for the build thread anyway. It gave me many ideas for mine. Good luck with your new project and hope the T finds a good home.

Outback, brEad and -Brent- like this.