Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 41 plymouth coupe 392 hemi build thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by farmer12, Apr 7, 2010.

1. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Hey Farmer.
    You are lucky to be smart and route all the lines before the body is mounted.
    I ran out of time and now get to roll around on the creeper.
    No big deal until you see how easy it is looking at your pictures!
    Great to see that chop mess all fixed up.
    Must be nice that you are on the home stretch.
    Good to see some updates!
    Wish you were closer would be fun to see our cars (chopped 40) side by side!
    TP

2. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks zibo! The essential part now is not to forget anything. (And I'm sure I will somewhere down the line). I try to write everything down that comes to mind, no matter how small. Glad you're enjoying the build!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. farmer12

farmer12

Thanks Antti. If ever I need any more nuts and bolts, that could be another good source. Thanks for the advice.

4. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That´s an awesome build your doing. Great to watch!

5. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you Baumi! I stay in Landshut (Munich) a few times a year. Great cocktail bar on the first floor in the centre square!

6. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That´s cool! You ought to be here right know, people are getting crazy at the mideval festival we have here right now! Would be great to meet you, maybe you could give me a heads up when you´re in around here again! I´ll pm you my #

7. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

BTW, I wish I had a Hemi in my Plymouth too, but youknow, always a minute late or a buck short:) Mostly both

8. farmer12

farmer12

This is going to be the last progress report before I go on holidays. Fitted the main fuel line from the pump all the way to the top of the c-notch. From there it will connect to the fuel cell located in the trunk.

Next was to find a location for the vacuum pump. (I won't be using vacuum from the engine for my brake booster.) I found the perfect position between the frame rails, allowing me to run the hose along the body (inside the front fender) to the brake booster located underneath the dash. I know, I know, a lot of work just for aesthetic reasons.;) I got a little arty on the shape, deciding it just looks better this way rather then cutting out a boring square. Drilled the mounting holes through the frame and used rubber pieces to limit the vibrations. Job done!:D:D:D

Attached Files:

9. davo461

davo461

Hi ! Eric, is that copper brake line I see?

10. farmer12

farmer12

Yep, it's copper.

11. davo461

davo461

Well, it doesn't look like it's going have a vibration problem, what with all the mounting points.
    Nice to see the build continuing with aeronautical precision.
    Davo.

12. 48plysled

48plysled

Getting excited to see your 41 getting closer to color. Inspirational for me to get back out and plug away on my 48. Think this weekend will be a good time start back up on it.

13. robleticia

robleticia

Hurry up!!!! I want to see some paint!!!!

14. Is that vacuum pump vacuum operated or is it electrical ? What's it out of ?
    Thsnks
    dirt t

15. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Eric I'm sure you know what your doing but is that copper or kunifer ? Personally I wouldn't use copper, seen it fail a few times

16. art.flame

art.flame

Steve i'm sure Erik is using kunifer copperbrakelines are illigal and therefor not sold in automotive stores ,peronaly i'de rather use stainless

btw your on a roll Erik

17. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

Art didn't know copper was illegal in Holland, It ought to be illegal here but still people use it.
    I guessed Eric would have the right stuff but thought it wise just to check.

Yeah I'm surprised he isn't going with stainless but Kunifer is top quality stuff also.

18. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

What the heck is Kunifer?

19. joco

joco

20. langy

langy
    Member Emeritus

It's a mixed alloy tube used for brake pipes, it's a mixture of copper and nickel, very strong and corrosion resistant, probably about the best pipe to use for brakes, Volvo were the first big car company to fit it in the 70's

21. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks joco and Langy I appreciate it! I'm pretty familiar with copper-nickel and can appreciate the properties. Never knew brake line was made from it but it makes perfect sense.

22. farmer12

farmer12

As if I don't want to see some colour............I know it's getting close, but I want to make sure I've covered everything before it's paint time. Don't you just hate guys with sooooo much patience? :D:p

Seriously though, this year the car will have paint on it. (and honestly, I can't wait either.)

23. farmer12

farmer12

The vacuum pump is electrically operated and keeps the vacuum between 18-22 psi if I recall correctly. It shuts off at 22 psi and comes on when the vacuum drops below 18 psi. The pump is from SSBC. Apparently it's fairly noisy but I'm assuming that the 392 will overcome that problem.:D

24. 48plysled

48plysled

We all know now is not the time to rush. lol But the suspense is killing us all eric. Your work has been top notch on this build. You should move to the states and lets start a shop buddy. :D Could use another set of hands in fabrication. All things aside though the car is seriously turning out awesome buddy.

25. ANDEREGG TRIBUTE

ANDEREGG TRIBUTE
    from Bordertown

Alright.....if one more of these 41 Mopar Coupe threads rears its lil head....I am gonna consider it some sort of sign!! I do believe I have a new obsession!

26. 1959apache

1959apache

any updates on little stuff you are playing with Eric?

27. farmer12

farmer12

I did use copper brake line I had laying around, but this was just to make sure it would clear all the obstacles. I will be using stainless brake line when the time comes to do the final installation.

28. farmer12

farmer12

Thank you for the kind words sir. Starting a shop is certainly going to be one of my goals in the coming years. Unfortunately it probably won't be in the US, but somewhere closer to home.

Nothing wrong with a new obsession! Another 40/41 build is always going to be welcomed. What are you waiting for?:D

29. farmer12

farmer12

Well Scott, the progress has been close to nothing the last week or two due to a family holiday and my regular job. On top of that, a young lady decided to ram my daily driver while it was parked......so trying to sort that out too. But, I'll be working on the Plymouth again next week. That's a promise.

30. farmer12

farmer12

We want color! We want color! Well, here's the first one. It is isn't much, but it's a start! Just received a call from my painter that he's finished the rear axle. If anything is inspiring, it has to be freshly painted parts.:D

Attached Files: