Register now to get rid of these ads!

just another shoebox budget build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tedley, Oct 24, 2010.

1. daddio211

daddio211

The mirror arm is ambidextrous, so it can be swung to either side. So Cal in Las Vegas has the best service I've seen, if you're not happy they'll make it right. So yes, both sides are convex.

Ask for Lenny or Lenny (father and son owners). 702-651-1932

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Thanks daddio. I've also been giving those mirrors i bought another look. I don't think they really suit the car but i need opinions again. Input needed before i start drilling holes.

Attached Files:

3. daddio211

daddio211

4. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

5. jerseymike

jerseymike

i'm a little surprised at myself but i kinda like them mirrors. definitely not just more of the same.

6. I know what your saying but i have to be sure. Hate to drill holes and not like it in the end.
    So i moved over to the frt end and tried to button up the grille etc. Don't know why but it doesn't fit like the mock up. But i'll fiddle with it later as i'm more concerned about getting it ready for the dreaded vehicle saftey. Nit pickers Getting close for a ride.

Attached Files:

7. Smart move. I went with the c-4 because i had one and also didn't have to change my rear gear to 3:50's from 3's. Just doing a budget build. AOD would have been nice thou. Maybe another day.
    Good luck on you build. Lots of info and ideas on the HAMB for ya.

8. Well decided on some mirrors. 4 in convex both sides. I can see for miles. Similar convex to my motorcycle. I dig it and they blend in nicely. At least to me. What do you think? Cookie cutter?

Attached Files:

9. jerseymike

jerseymike

clean and functional, can't beat that. looks good. did you get the inspection yet?

10. studeboy

studeboy

Looks good to me. The convex should eliminate blind spots. I like the placement too, not off the top of the door like normal.

Sent from my EVO using H.A.M.B. mobile app

11. Thanks guys. I tried them on top of the door and being 4 inch they didn't look right. Besides one wants to glance in the mirror quickly at eye level versus having to look up and having to orientate yourself to see . They look so much better in real than in the pics.

12. daddio211

daddio211

13. Good idea. i'll wait abit thou. They did come with a nice gasket and hopefully it doesn't damage the paint. if i have to move them

14. My car came with the accessory gas pedal cover. I think i'm going to clean it up and use it. Silly little detail.

Oh and Jerseymike, i'm getting close to take it for the inspection. I still have to install windshield washers and back up lights as required to modified vehicles here.

Attached Files:

15. I know some of you guys are going to puke but there it is. Windshield washers:eek:
    Gotta have it here if you want to get a saftey. I had a tank from a 70 torino and mounted it inside the back of the fender and painted it black. Hardly noticeable Need a funnel to fill it . Nozzel has two adjustable jets for adjustment. Just stick a pin in it and move it around like an eyeball.Works great. Used a horn button under the dash to fire it up.

Yes i know. ick!!!!!!:eek:

Attached Files:

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

No hate from me . It looks like a clean install , and it's a nice feature to have .

17. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

My car had an accessory windshield washer on it - the one with the glass jar reservoir.

18. Do you have a pic? I've yet to see one. I assume they put it the same spot i did?

19. studeboy

studeboy

My green bible says 10.060 max diameter front and rear. Sorry if this is late, I've been trying to find it since your post. Car is looking great BTW.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

20. Thanks for the info. I'll record that for future referance. I did find some new ones though a old brake dealer that is retired.
    Thanks again.

21. Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 6, 2013
  22. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

I don't really have any good pics. The washer bottle was originally mounted on the firewall. In this pic, you can see the tube coming out of the cowl and spray nozzle mounted to the stainless strip in the center of the windshield.

Attached Files:

23. That's a interesting feature i've never seen before. Do you think it was a Ford install or aftermarket. None the less a hole has to be drilled in the cowl. Was it a mechanical hand pump to make it work?

24. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

It was a squeeze-ball type foot pump. It hasn't ever worked since we've had the car. The rubber portion of the pump was old and cracked.

25. 51custom

51custom

Tedly, They were a Dealer installed item..
    Jim

26. After all the worrys of getting a ownership title the next step was the dreaded saftey. I got that to this morning and now have insurance and license plates. One more step is getting all the buggy boos cleared up from a fresh build. So today i am going for a ride somewhere where it's quiet to see what i've got. I'll let you know how that goes. Wish me luck.:)

27. jerseymike

jerseymike

good luck and congratulations! very happy for you. can't wait till i get there.

28. Thanks Mike. I went for the maiden voyage. Around the block a few times and got some gas at the end of the street. Slowly had enough confidence to venture out in the traffic a bit and grabbed a coffee. The rear air shocks need some attention. Seems to ride hard fully lowered so i pumped them up abit and rode nicer. Steering was a great considering it was a garage alignment. Didn't dart and zero bump steer and steered straight. Even through some bigger dips at 40 mph. At least so far. Everything else like charging and cooling, shifting, was spot on. So good success and can't wait for tommorrow.
    Car drew a crowd instantly including the cops. They loved it. One guy want to buy it lol.
    I'm pleased so far.

Attached Files:

29. DadsBlueFord

DadsBlueFord
    from Hayden, ID

30. daddio211

daddio211