Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Body verses Chevy Body style,,,pre '65 only

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Aug 4, 2013.

?
  1. Ford

30 vote(s)
    54.5%
  2. Chevy

25 vote(s)
    45.5%
  1. We all have our favorite brand,,Personally ,,I'm a member of the Ford camp. HRP

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

That is not fair question. It should be broken down. 48 and post 48. I prefer ford for pre-48 but Chevy took over and ruled after that, actually I think I lean toward Chevy from 46 on... (execpt for Coupes, the ford looks better but for fleetline, the chevy looks better than the Ford.)

3. Moon Rocket

Moon Rocket
    BANNED
    from GA

IMHO the 40 Food coupe and the 57 Ford, Custom 300 are the two best looking cars to have ever been built.

I hear the pre war Fords are nice as well, but I have never been able to fit myself inside one so I don't know for sure.

4. HRP,
    I can't really vote here I am all over the fuckin' board on it. I like '50s Fords, I prefer 40-41 Vhevies to 40-41 Fords. Fords from the '30s, '60s cars I go back and forth, I like '64 Chevelles for instance but don't care for Impalas in '64, I do like '64 Galaxies and fairlanes but don't care for falcons. I prefer '59-'63 Impalas and belairs to Full size fords from those years and I really like full size mercs from about '59 up.

No real answer I suppose, at least not for me.

5. shemp

shemp
    Alliance Vendor

A loaded question. I've owned lots of both.

6. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ford's better idea...put a chevy in it. :p

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  7. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

That's not an easy one to answer. I like some of the 50's Olds and Buicks, 37 - 39 Chevys, Tri-Five Chevys, 40 Fords, 29 - 32 Fords. It depends on the year and body style, not necessarily the brand.

8. harleycontracter

harleycontracter

Early Ford body style 30-36 with Chevy motors otherwise Chevy cars

9. Oh,it would have been easy to add every make and model ever made and list all the different years.

I posted this knowing full well I was making it a simple Ford verses Chevy topic,,any time a bunch of guys sit around and bench race the subject comes up.

I too have owned both but to opt my favorite make it's gonna be a Ford every time,regardless if it's the early models or the later body styles. HRP

10. OldColt

OldColt

Years Favorite

23-35 Ford
    36-38 Chevy
    39-40 Ford
    41-42 Tie
    46-48 Ford
    49-54 Tie
    55-56 Chevy
    57-58 Ford
    59-60 Chevy
    61-64 Tie

11. JEM

JEM

I'll leave the '40s out of it for the moment, 50-53 or so I'll take Chevy, '54's a wash, '55-57 Ford, '58-60 not fond of any of 'em except for the Ford wagons. '61-64 Ford in a landslide.

12. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Tend to agree with this....... but Really I like them all.

13. Eh, I like what I like. Owned about as many Fords as Chevies. There really isn't that much difference in pre 65 cars, they all have good looks to one extent or the other. Like the others, I would have to go year by year.
    So I opted out..

14. Chevy's, Fords, blondes, brunettes, Pizza Hut, Papa Johns, whats the point? I've had several models from all of the Big 3 makers because they all had what i liked at the time. I guess I would call myself a Chevrolet guy because that's what I've had more of even though my first car was a Ford and at this time I'm eyeing a 63.5 Galaxie. Either you like cars or you Don't. Like Rodney sez, "Cant we all just get along"

15. Should be real obvious but it is about 2 brands,,doesn't have anything to with hair color or pizza,,what's your point?

This is the first pole post I have ever started and probably my last!

I have never done one of these and I have seen early on that some of you expect a hundred different variations. :rolleyes:

Moderators feel free to lock it,,It was not my intent to create a drama thread. HRP

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  16. slammed

slammed

Bing-o, freakin' bing-o........this has been the rule of thumb since way back.

17. OldColt

OldColt

Voted FORD because I favored Chevy 13 model years less.

18. Swifster

Swifster

I don't think there is anything better looking than a '57 Chrysler. But for the sake of this exercise, I have to go with Ford.

19. slowmotion

slowmotion

54 & earlier, Blue Oval

55 & later, Bowtie

Exceptions to each, of course.

Nothin' like sittin' on the fence....:cool:

20. I'll play, Danny,

Having to make the choice, I would choose Termites and Bowties.

There are some exceptions year to year (26, 32, etc), but overall, Chevrolet had better lines, better engines, etc... just not better wood :D!

Now, if Edsel had been given the run of the design shop earlier, that might have changed things...

21. cavman

cavman

I like whatever trips my trigger at any given time. I've had a bunch and a half of both makes. If a Hot Rod, early Ford of course, easier to come by for the most part, and aftermarket parts are plentiful. Chevys of later years for drivability and looks, and availability of both cars and parts.

They are, for the most part, all cool.