Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else cusses about new safety gas cans?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by charlesincharge09, Aug 3, 2013.

1. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

Answer: anyone and everyone

So I was on my way to work a couple weeks avid and saw a bunch of stuff people where throwing out, an old eagle gas can caught my eye... Brakes, threw it in park and grabbed it. It was sitting in my shelf for a week then I said to myself "I can't just let that thing sit, I need to give it it's life back" so I polished it painted it and cleaned it and here she is ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375549295.639975.jpg ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1375549308.652031.jpg

Had my neighbor offer me $40 for it, but it's just too cool to let go

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Now that's a gas can.

3. scrubba

scrubba

EXCELLENT WORK, sir !

has anyone noticed what a vintage Eagle gasoline can is going for lately on that EVILBAY place ? I'm in da wrong line of work . scrubba

4. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Can looks great! New piece of shit cans are a pain in the ass to use, cost too much, and are made of cheap plastic!

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I see them at swaps and my wallet makes me keep walking. Nice restoration of a crowd favorite.

6. metal man

metal man

I'm still using three old galvanized cans that belonged to my grandfather. I know they are older than I am, and they are the only gas cans I've ever had. I'll hand them down to my son some day.

7. We have to use metal cans on job sites and the new spouts are a PITA.

8. Yard sale last week turned up a 5 gal "Jerry" can and you can still order the regular metal flex spout. The plastic cans are just trash.

9. OLLIN

OLLIN

YES!!!!!!!!!!
    I have like 3 of them from times ive had to buy them over the years.

10. guitard

guitard

Cuss about them? I cuss AT them. How it's safer to end up with gas on me, by the side of the road three times longer while this Rube Goldberg contraption burbles away dribbling fuel into my tank, is beyond me. Must every simple thing become a three handed cluster fuck?

*Whew* I feel better. Thank you. That's one hell of a can my friend, and you can quote me on that.

After my first trip to buy a $5 gas can that was now $15 and useless as tits on a boar hog, I went to every yard sale I could find and bought a bunch of old simple cans. Still using one...

11. JEM

JEM

The only way to make use of the new gas cans is by getting rid of the spigot and using a funnel.

12. brad chevy

brad chevy

On our service truck we have to use different colored cans for each fluid. O.S.HA.regulations.Pain in the butt

13. slowmotion

slowmotion

All because someone scorched themselves using a 'normal' gas can while chiefing on a Winston. We're now sentenced to this engineering marvel for the sake of safety for those who should never be allowed within 10 yards of a gas can. Gov't regs to the rescue.

14. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

I only have old cans
    My favorite is mounted on my jeep … its stamped USMC 1965 on the bottom.

FYI
    Most of the research done that made the new cans mandatory was faked and guy doing it never lost his job. :mad:

15. charlesincharge09

charlesincharge09
    from Wisconsin

My dad actually uses these, the convert the new cans into the old style ventilated cans, the lay work pretty good
    http://ezpourspout.com/wp/

16. OLLIN

OLLIN

Brilliant!

17. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

Just like Diazanon for bugs young family put it on their lawn and then placed their baby on it to crawl on it. Baby got sick and now we can't buy it??????????? The new replacement is shit.

18. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

Long term effect of a country that graduates more lawyers than engineers.

19. tjm73

tjm73

I never spilled gas until I had to use these new "legal" fuel cans.

Who lives outside of "
    CALIFORNIA, CONNECTICUT, WASHINGTON D.C., DELAWARE, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, NEW HAMPSHIRE, NEW JERSEY, NEW YORK, OHIO, PENNSYLVANIA, VIRGINIA" that can buy these and ship them to us those poor bastards that are shackled by these F'n new fangled fuel spillers?

Vermont is not in the list maybe I need to take a road trip for a god damn gas can.

20. Paul

Paul
    Editor

nice can
    but I draw no line about cussing,
    you name a subject and I will cuss about it

21. Ron67

Ron67

Be sure to thank the attorneys for the new containers. I'm sure the factory that makes em hates em too!

22. JEM

JEM

It's not a product-liability issue, it's evaporative emissions.

And, as usual with just about everything that's originated from the California Air Resources Board in the past three decades, it's a crock.

23. Bulletnose26

Bulletnose26

You guy's have the best garbage up there!

24. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Appreciate the link to the replacement spouts, I bookmarked it and I'm gonna take a good look. These new ones are totally idiotic and the people who forced them on us should be exterminated.

25. GeezersP15

GeezersP15
    from N.E. PA

I've decided to buy a couple of old "Jerry Cans", and throw those stupid plastic pieces of shit "Approved Containers" in the trash. Whoever came up with those useless pieces of crap should tarred & feathered. Government "help" at it's best. Morons:(.

26. seatex

seatex

you got that right! No venting, spitting, spewing, China made bullshit pissed me off just today................ and the gas was probably 50% ethanol, but that's ANOTHER rant!!!!!:mad:

27. mechanic58

mechanic58

I pretty much hate everything - but I really hate the 'ventless' gas cans. I have a few, but they have all be modified. lol

28. seatex

seatex

Exterminated may be a bit strong, DOM, but maybe forced to use one with a "safety lighter" may be in order!:rolleyes:

29. seatex

seatex

Oh shit...................GUT LAUGH:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Thanks for wasting that nose shot 'o beer, Paul!

30. OldColt

OldColt

Good grief, I didn't know anything about these new so called safety cans. I have an old 6 gallon can that looks like it's off the back of an old WWII Jeep. With what I know now, it ain't for sale.