Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many members are "Car Less?"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Trichop, Jan 30, 2013.

1. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Nothing HAMB-friendly on the road right now. I took the Essex apart for a rebuild 2 years ago and now the project is more or less on hold while I deal with my wife's health issues. I'll get back to it eventually.

2. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

I'm "car less" as far as HAMB friendly cars go. I've got a 1975 Camaro that's a fun toy but not my dream car. I'm only 16 so I've hopefully got a long time to build the cars of my dreams...

3. trollst

trollst

I've always, since I was a teen, had a hot rod or harley davidson roadable, can't imagine being without a hot rod on the road. I don't have much money, but lots of determination, I've read all the posts here, some sad, some could have cars, but lack the determination to make it happen. My 36 is sixteen years on the road this year, I'll never give it up, my daughter would kill me if I did, if I can't afford what I want, I build it or work on others cars to get my fix, I'm nearly sixty now, can't imagine being car less. Got one on the road, another in the shop, after that, I'll have two on the road, another in the shop, you get the point....

4. zoomma

zoomma

Sold my 36 in 2008 and was hoping to finish my 32 but it hasn't happened yet.
    So I am carless as far as I'm concerned.

5. Paul B

Paul B

i have too many

6. Dragrace66

Dragrace66

Nice filled up storage barn.

I'm working on my 29 rpu project and there is an 30 coupe in the waiting line.

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Dont know if I could ever be in that position,I always need to have something to tinker on or I would go crazy. If my two nice older vehicles did not have a couple little items needing attention I would be hunting for another project.

8. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

I tried....can't do cookies....ain't gonna hug you, but I do Love you in the Lord.........still wish I had one of those '32's......I've got a 5 window, but it's Tupperware.........I'd like to do one as a daily driver with all the natural patina.....................you could at least put one of those in the will for me.......but we're almost the same age.....that wont work either, will it........I'm out of reasons to let me have one.......

9. Im not carless but I would like to have less cars, or one smaller car at least on my project list. The 41 Caddy Sedaette is really gonna take up a ton of room in my small shop (if it ever gets that far).

10. kiwicowboy

kiwicowboy
    from linwood nc

I have 3 on the go but no drivers to bissy building for others

11. HUSSEY

HUSSEY

As of last weekend I no longer have a HAMB friendly car. I was wanting to replace mine with a 53 or 53 Hardtop or just a nicer 49 -54 two door. I though I'd test the waters with it on eBay and wouldn't you know it, it hit the reserve and sold.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1952...2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&forcev4exp=true

I already have a little remorse for sellling it, I wish I would have just kept it so I had somthing to drive till I found somthing new.

So long old friend...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

No HAMBy car for a few years - and it will be a while before I do! We do have a car that seems new to me, but it is 22 years old, so it seems old to my sons - and they are learning by working on it, which is a good experience for all of us.

13. SwedeVedette

SwedeVedette

I have fiddled with a few cars, but mostly newer than the hamb allows and a few Volvos

[​IMG]

But finally bought a Pontiac to chop so now Im a proud owner of a real hambfriendly car

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. Carvermatic

Carvermatic

Count me in this group as well but, savin' my dough.

15. Sold mine when the retinopathy doc said I had about a year of vision left if I don't get expensive eye surgery. That was two years ago and still go in once a year for surgery. Still got my sight but no cars. For now. Hot rodders...watch your blood sugar. It sneaks up.

16. Kinky6

Kinky6

I'm sort of at that Jeff Foxworthy stage: "If you own more vehicles that don't run, than do, you may be a redneck!" ;)

I just took a radiator to the shop today for reconditioning, boil it out, leak check, solder the side flange, etc. Time to get the '57 pickup back on the road, dang it!

Later, Kinky6 :cool:

17. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Been "Carless" since February 2012 when I sold the '32 3W in order to pay medical bills for my spinal surgeries (neck and lower back) and keep the house running during recovery.
    I guess I have been so busy with recovery, diet and healing that I never thought about being "carless" for the first time since 1978. I've built autos from '31 to '79 vintage and never been without something to put my hands on (build or drive) to keep my mind busy.
    Today I saw a bunch of guys and girls stopped for fuel with their old autos and we got to talking. As they were leaving one of the guys says "go get your car and follow us to the show" !
    It felt like someone ripped my heart out thru my throat during the flash backs of my "Dream car '32 3W" that I sold.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  18. bcarlson

bcarlson

I sold my f100 before moving to Texas three years ago. But, things are looking up for starting a new project in the next year!

-Ben

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

19. Man,I hope all you guys are able to get back in something soon,I posted earlier i this thread that I went 3 years without a hot rod and really started to lose interest.

I have had a hot rod of some sort for almost 50 years and it was a bummer without one. HRP

20. Carless? No. Moneyless? Yes!

21. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I have an old car that is on the fringes of being HAMB friendly, it looks like its HAMB friendly until you look under it. Come to think about it, I'm not sure I've ever had a HAMB friendly ride, just ones that were sort of acceptable.

At least i have something I enjoy driving, but I was about 6 months without between the time the truck got wrecked and the coupe became drivable. Gene

22. KK Hickey Designs

KK Hickey Designs

:D My 2003 Volkswagen Jetta runs just fine thank you.... Nothing old at the moment though. For some reason "Car less" and "Job Less" go hand in hand. :(

23. Brucekoukalaka

Brucekoukalaka
    BANNED

For the first time in my life I will have a classy 1953 International running a diesel as well as another I'm planning on rodding. The diesel will be up and going in September. That way I can get rid of the POS 1991 GMC Sierra 4X4

24. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Selling my only toy, granted its not HAMB friendly (68 Cutlass) because we are about to adopt a second child, family before toys of course!!! So soon enough I will have a great family with a boy & girl but no fun car.... Soon enough I will be back in the game!!!

25. aircap

aircap

In my club we refer to it as being between Studebakers... and that's where I am right now. Sold my '66 Wagonaire awhile back, and am now looking for a '57 Silver Hawk with a Champ 6.

26. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

just sold a '51 Chevy, so I'm one "car less". Still have four HAMB qualified vehicles.

27. OldColt

OldColt

Count me in this disadvantaged group. My cars currently are 1971, 1973, 1997, 2002. The only one presently running is my 2002 daily driver. For years I have wanted a '34 Ford 5 window Coupe, and my wife has wanted a late 40's GMC panel truck like the old grocery truck on the Dobie Gillis show. Supporting aging parents, a special needs sister, huge medical bills, etc... has put a damper on any cool car stuff going on here.

Now, If publishers clearance house shows up, or a winning lottery ticket, all that will change ... lol.

--- Steve ---

28. super10

super10
    from oklahoma

I had to sell the only running hamb friendly ride last year.(medical bills) I still have a 54 2D HT belair, but it's not a driver and probably won't be for a while, life just gets in the way. On the bright side stiil got my 68 C-10, which I love dearly. But those things aren't too popular on this board:) Sometimes a man just has to tell himself he's happy for now.

29. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Well I guess I would fall in to this category. I have a chassis ready to go, but nothing for it to go under. I am hopefully going to Chicago, Illinois at the end of this month however, to pick up a 29 sport coupe body in pieces. Looking forward to it.

30. heatnbeat

heatnbeat
    from Madera,Ca.

I have several cars but none on the road at this time!
    1933 Chevy 5 window
    1933 Chevy 3 window
    1958 4 door wagon converted badly to a 2 door sedan delivery
    1958 Chrysler imperial crown, my favorite
    1958 jag saloon 8 the wife's
    1923 model T my son's
    Plus the front cowel of a 1932 that I want to make a roadster pick up