Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 Ford Title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Grlz2grlz, Aug 1, 2013.

1. All I can say is I sure glad I live in bohunk Nebraska as it is no problem here. You just have to know how to go about it the right way the first time around.

2. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

The Learning Channel.

3. Almost sounds like an unofficial 'go-ahead'.

He forgot:
    You'll have major lawyer's bills.
    You'll have a record.
    You will NOT have a car.
    You may have to sell everything to pay the bills.
    Bubba doesn't really have to 'woo' you, he kinda just, you know, does it. Won't take 6 months.
    And, really, do you have 6 months in which to take a Federal holiday??

Cosmo

4. Mnhotrodbuilder

Mnhotrodbuilder
    from Afton, MN

I have always wondered if someone had a vehicle on an original chassis with no title. Took the vin into the DMV and applied for a new title and found out the vin was being used. If they have the car with the VIN in their position would the other person using the VIN get in trouble? Would the person with the real car get a title? Thanks for your time and sorry to hijack your thread. I just thought this kind of fit inline with what was being discussed.

5. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Oh my goodness, I am not looking for an illegal title. This is the first time I have worked on anything remotely related to a car. I had no clue what is legal or illegal with regards to cars I didn't even know who Boyd was because I have never, ever known much about cars. Maybe being ignorant in the subject matter was my biggest problem.

I am asking the people that know about this so I can be less ignorant.

6. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

I was looking for a legal means to obtain one. I went and read everything another member had stated about the ones issued by the DMV, so the next step is figuring out if those have already been issued for this year.

7. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Well, Maybe in my instance I would end up in an all female correction facility, which can be a bit...sexy ;)

No Bubba for me :p

8. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

But on another note, I don't take myself seriously, I like to laugh and have fun. If I posted here it was because I needed information, not for anyone to commit any crimes.

Good afternoon gentlemen and have a wonderful weekend.

T

9. evintho

evintho

Pay no attention to the morality police. Every car site has a few. By all means, you want to do it legally! I'm quite sure the 500 SB100 numbers have all been issued for this year. If you can wait until January, have the required forms in hand and camp out in front of your local DMV on the first business day of 2014. If you have all of your 'ducks in a row' you should be able to snag an SB100 number and have your car titled in your name as the original year!

10. 29AVEE8

29AVEE8

A few years ago in a better economy the 500 yearly S.P.C.N.S. were usually gone by mid Jan. Not so much today. A couple of years ago I went looking for information at the local DMV and they would not even try to find out if all had been used for year 2011 "Naa they are all gone in January...". I went to another DMV and talked to the office manager and he said "I think we still have some let me check." about 20 minutes on the phone to Sacramento... "Yea they got 50 or so,,," I got one in early December with about 40 some left that year. So if you get shut down at your local DMV try another one, and another one and... But this is to my knowledge, the only LEGAL way to title a car with reproduction frame and/or body in CA.

Mike

11. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Thank you so very much for your assistance :)

12. Fenders

Fenders

Nonsense.

"Massachusetts Title Law went into effect on September 1, 1972. This law requires that all motor vehicles and trailers be titled within ten (10) days of purchase. Passenger vehicles with a model year of 1980 and older, purchased before November 26, 1990 are exempt from titling...."

(1) You may possess an untitled vehicle in Mass. -- if it's earlier than 1980 and you purchased it before November 26 1990. However Cosmo said "most states" so he gets a pass.
    (2) If never titled, you may purchase it today. You will not get a title. But you must title it within 10 days. So here Cosmo is absolutely wrong.

13. redo32

redo32

You know we still do not anything about your car other than it is a '32 and it may have windows.

14. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

So far everyone has always been nice and helpful and I can see why some may think I was looking for illegal answers.

Thank you for your assistance. I will check with the DMV to see what the story is for this year :)

15. Grlz2grlz

Grlz2grlz

Its a mysterious 32. :)

16. Fordtudor37

Fordtudor37

Here is what I have found in CT with the 32 Ford I registered. I had the VIN stamped in the frame verified to the bill of sale and paid the $10 for VIN Verification inspection. Then I went to DMV and filled out the registration as a 1932 (being real steel). When I showed her the Title and last registration (1959), she looked right at me and said "Do you want me to throw that away for you ?". I said don't you need it and she said "We only go by Bill of Sale and VIN Verification inspection form, because there are so many fake Titles and VIN numbers with old cars out there now". Even after I left I couldn't believe they were going to destroy the original title.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  17. TERPU

TERPU

Hello Youngster,

So you own and purchased a 1932 Ford without a title. This is a no no on many year Fords. However you may still have a shot at a legitimate title. Couple of Questions first-

Is it an original Frame?
    Does it have an original Engine in it?
    Do you have a Bill of Sale with any numbers on it for registration?

Look for frame numbers by the Steering Box.

If your answer is yes to any of these then you have a good shot at it. go down to the Highway Patrol and see if the numbers you come up with are in the computer already as a 1932 Ford. If they are hope to Jesus they are registered to your car and the guy you got it from. Then you know it's legit. Then pay the extra for the title he holds and be done with it. It sucks but that'll be alot easier. If those numbers are in the system but on another car then you have a real issue. This is a Hurdle you will have to overcome through affidavits and many trips to the DMV and Highway Patrol. The owner of the other car with your numbers will be questioned as well. But I hope your Number is not already in the system.

If your answer is no to all the above then you got a bag of worms to crawl through. It's just time you will lose, keep this in mind. So you will have to go and get a Blue Tag for an ID from the Highway Patrol after you prove the car is yours and all the work done to it was paid for by you and satisifed by the builder. This is so no Leans can be placed on it.

If any part of the car is stolen now is the time it will be surrendered, make damn sure it's all legit. If the Stolen aspect becomes part of this you will need a Lawyer, no joke here. They will track the car back to its rightful owner and you will lose any aspect of it. Pretty sure the guy who built it will wind up in a bigger mess than you, but let's not go there.

You will need to take all of your receipts with you a bill that's paid in full and start the Registration process. The other guys have given the right links for this.

I have been through this many times, best case scenario is the numbers will be out of the system entirely and you can register the car in your name after verification by the CHP. Worst Case is it comes back Stolen and you lose it all. Have your paper work handy when you go see the CHP. They are good guys and do their job given the chance. I have never been steered wrong by them even on a car whose numbers were already in the system. But that's a whole 'nuther story for another day.

A good process is to get the title in your hand and in your name when buying a project, or a whole car before any work starts. A bill of sale marked paid in full, and a detail sheet of what the car has when purchased is also very helpful when it gets sticky. Make sure everything is signed and dated by both parties.

All the Best,

Tim

18. By 'Title", I meant the document that is issued by the State that indicates ownership of the vehicle. That Title, in my state and many other states, MUST be given to the buyer of a motor vehicle AT THE TIME OF PURCHASE, or if financed, given to the financial institution. At no time, in Illinois, is it legal to possess a vehicle that does not have a title. Even if you are a shop, the vehicles in your shop MUST have a signed Repair Order, which serves as a title-in-absentia. Further, in Illinois, it is illegal to possess a vehicle with title in another's name, unless you are a dealer/repair facility/junkyard.

If the vehicle has never been titled (is new), the dealer WILL possess an MCO, and THAT document (a title in all respects) will be presented to the state. But AT NO TIME, in Illinois, is a vehicle legally without title.

Which facts would tend to make me 100% correct.

Cosmo

P.S. I HATE vehicle thieves, and will not do a THING to assist them. I recently looked at a Mustang that had a welded VIN. The police station was my next stop.

19. brianahlborn

brianahlborn

Is there a 32 3 window title ever produced ?

20. racemad55

racemad55

Ditto-same for New York, all depends what mood the ladies behind the counter are in that day and how polite you are! And we are still waiting for a picture of your deuce.

21. MAXWELL

MAXWELL

amazing how many people on this board havent a clue as to what they are talking about.................

talking heads.....................!

22. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Other than my 32 PU all my titles have said 2 door, whether for a coupe or sedan. The only other exception was my 4 door and that frame ended up under my 5 window and we showed a body swap. What do you think has happened to the many many 100's of repro frames I've built?

23. rcnut223

rcnut223
    from wisconsin

How in the heck did this thread get reincarnated

whtbaron and Hamtown Al like this.
  24. Johnboy34

Johnboy34
    from Seattle,Wa

This was too funny!!! :p Maybe she's visiting Bubbetty!! :eek: