Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help finding Olds exhaust donut...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by alteredpilot, Aug 2, 2013.

1. 1964 olds jetstar 1 with a 394.

i need the exhaust donut for the drivers side exhaust head pipe to manifold.

felpro has a PN 60299 but its not the right one.

this donut is flat on one side, conical on the other with a sleeve in the center to index it to the manifold. the opening in the manifold is 2 3/8 and the sleeve reduces to 2 1/4

none of the muffler shops, napa, oreilly, has anything...

any input is appreciated.

2. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

the sleeve also prevents the hot exhaust gases from burning out the donut

3. Rindy

Rindy
    from 43351

I need to replace the drivers side manifold on my '96 GM 6.5 turbo diesel (Detroit Diesel) & already have a used replacement manifold in the shop. Just went down & checked, the new donut I have sounds identical to what you need, manifold opening is 2 3/8" and the donut has a metal sleeve that fits into the manifold. Only thing different is that the ID of the sleeve then reduces down to somewhere between 2 1/16 & 2 1/8, but I'm sure it would work on your Olds manifold. Sorry I can't give you a part # for the donut. Hope this is helpful!

4. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Have you tried NAPA?

5. chubbie

chubbie

are you shure the olds uses a donut??

6. try rock auto