Register now to get rid of these ads!

26 27 Model T Gassers? Photo Request

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BOSTONCAMARO, Jul 29, 2013.

1. So does anyone have pictures of Model T's built as 60's style Gassers, if so any of them done on custom built / modified Model A frames? maybe something with mechanical injection, fenderwell exit headers but of course fenderless, white wall pie crust slicks etc. I appreciate pictures and input, starting to get ideas for a build. I really like the "No Quarter T" that a member built, but am thinking about how wild a T Gasser would look.

I like the look of this...anyone have details on it?

[​IMG]

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

3. Reds 29

Reds 29

It couldn't be a gasser if it's fenderless. Gas coupes/sedan class cars had to have stock fenders.

4. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

Yes, as posted above Gassers had to have fenders. They could be modified some but were required per the rules. Fenderless cars were usualy Altereds.

5. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

While I know that I have seen a few done up with the nose high, you won't find too many actual race cars set up that way. The "T" just flat lacked the aerodynamics in it's stock form to be much of a race car shape... And that was by sixties standards! You will see a few Model "A"s done that way though, and you might look to those cars for some inspiration. The last one I can think of in print was in Hot Rod Deluxe just a few months ago.

6. gasserjohn

gasserjohn

modelA 'gasser' in march issue feature article HotRodDelux was mine built in 65-66...........

Attached Files: