Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Ralph Schindel Passed Away Today

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HatGuy, Aug 2, 2013.

1. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH - NEWS FLASH -

Kustom Car Legend Ralph Schindel passed from this life today at 9:00 a.m. in Lamar, Missouri.

Many of you know Ralph by his work, his radical '50 Merc. and his quintessential 50's personal style. Ralph was not the kind to seek the spotlight, so much of his talent and work was done privately and quietly for innumerable friends and clients. Ralph was a Veteran and a patriot. He moved to Lamar many years ago to work for Night Prowlers and spent many years answering calls and questions from folks all over the country. Recently, Ralph was kind enough to let Jill and I use his image and his car to promote the business as Night Prowlers Kustom Car Parts in Car Kulture Deluxe.

If you have a Ralph Story, or would like to post a rememberence please do so. As of this moment, there is no memorial planned, but we will keep you posted.

Ralph was greatly loved and will be sorely missed by us!

2. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Ralph and his Merc.

Attached Files:

3. chigger

chigger

Rest In Peace.

4. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

The Schindel Mercury

Attached Files:

5. choptop40

choptop40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

my condolences to the family...rip

6. robertsregal

robertsregal

Condolences to family & friends

7. Bob K

Bob K
    Member Emeritus
    from Antigo Wi.

Damn that's sad news, I have known Ralph many many years. Goes way back to the old Spud City Nationals in Stevens Point Wisconsin. Our thoughts and prayers are going out to his wife Nancy and his son Jeff.

RIP OLD FRIEND :(:(:(:(

B:(B

8. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

9. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I don't have the words to explain what Ralph meant to me and the Kat family. He was
    the koolest family member in our group and a kool role model to many kustom owners.
    RIP Ralph and thank you for the inspiration.

[​IMG]

God Bless, Mick

10. And the circle grows smaller... R.I.P. Ralph,

11. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Sad but true Grumpy.

Rest in Peace Ralph.

12. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I can almost hear the taps on his boot heels as he walked across the street. Gatherings won't be the same without him. RIP

13. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ralph and Jeff built this 58 Chevy. Love that east coast style....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I bought some boots just needed to add the taps. I told him that it was kooler then Clint
    Eastwood in spurs. I was wanting Ralph to teach me how to walk like he did. He thought
    I was crazy. Proof that he wasn't aware of how kool he walked he was a natural. A true
    kustom kat that lived it everyday.

15. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

Hey Bob, he also has a daughter! My name is Wanda and Ralph was my dad! :(

16. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry Wanda for your loss, Your dad was a great guy. If we can do anything besides our
    prayers let us know.

17. I met Ralph at the Leadsled Spectacular back in 2000. Man, he loved kustoms. Fun to talk to and a wealth of knowledge. I was hoping to see him at the Leadsled last weekend, but he wasn't there.

We are saying goodbye to way too many folks around here these days.

My condolences to his family and friends. He will be missed. Vaya con Dios Amigo..........E

18. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

This is Wanda (Schindel) Wanie, the daughter of Ralph Schindel, that most people don't know exist. My dad and I had a great, unique relationship. He was a quiet man, but said a lot with his look. I remember many summers being with him in his truck, going from state to state delivering and picking up. I have so many memories of just the 2 of us together during those trips and he would always go out of his way to make me happy and do things I'd want to do, even if he didn't want to do them. He was/is a very special man/dad.

I was denied spending time with him the last 2 months of his life, because his wife wouldn't allow me to see him or talk to him or have ANY contact at all with my daddy. I don't know what you call that type of a person, I'll just leave it at that.

I'll miss my daddy. He was one of a kind! We all know that! Too bad he couldn't pass on his legacy to his grandchildren, that was also denied from him/them by his wife.

May his rest in peace, in his car! I have memories that will be passed on to my children, that his wife can't take from me!

19. Deana Baker

Deana Baker

Ralph was a great craftsman and good friend of Bill's. He will be missed. Ralph helped Bill sub-frame & floor panned his 54 Ford right before he got sick and got to spend a lot of time together. When we had a blowout on the Mercury it was Ralph that came out onto the highway at 11:00 at night and went into town and got a new tire when there was nobody else to call locally. Ralph said that is what friends do for each other. It was no big deal to him. Rest in Peace Ralph.

20. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

Thank you, prayers will be great. It's hard knowing his wife denied you the right to be with him in his final months on earth. He was a great guy and will be greatly missed by everyone that knew him!

21. runner 26.2

runner 26.2

That is exactly the type of man my daddy was! There for his friends, no matter what!

22. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Hello Wanda,

Jill and I were in tears as we read your post...our hearts and our prayers are with you.

We have not been able to gather much information or background on your Dad, so if you can sometime, would you drop us a line and tell us a little more about his life and his loves...of which you were most certainly one!

Ron & Jill - [email protected]

All our thoughts!

23. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Ralph left instructions that his wishes were for there to be no memorial...he didn't like to be the center of attention. Jill and I would like to put something together, an album or scrapbook or something to share with all those who loved him and the talent, dedication, vision and skill he had with Kustoms. If you have a picture or information on cars that Ralph had a hand in building or working on, please post them. We will try to put them all together and send them back out.

Ron writes an article for CKD...Car Kulture Deluxe and he will submit the pictures, (with permission of course) along with a story for consideration of the Editor for a future issue.

Mickey has already posted one very cool car (Thanks Mickey), lets find some others too folks!

Ron & Jill

24. HatGuy

HatGuy
    Alliance Vendor
    from Arkansas

Ralph is smiling...and clicking as we type and read.

Do you have any more pics of cars Ralph had a hand in?

Thanks Mickey!

25. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'm gathering up some pics right now. Ralph rebuilt my Merc converted a 4dr to a 2dr and heavy massaged the front end. I will post some build pics tomorrow morning...

26. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Our club is a praying kustom club. You have a lot of people lifting you up right now. Jesus
    is near so he can hold you through these times. I'm so sorry you had to go through this,
    I lost my dad less then two years ago. I'm so sorry.......

27. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Wanda, my heartfelt condolences to you, Jeff and your families regarding your fathers death. I guess I was out of the loop regarding your parents divorce? and your Fathers move from WI to MO? So sorry to hear you couldn't visit your Father during his last months. I'm sure he realized you were there in spirit.

I think of you often. You were very kind to me when I visited, actually you were the one that made it bearable. This should make you smile...I still have the red little sweater that you mended for me.:D

Again, so sorry for your loss.

Your old pal, Denise Sheldon

28. met him years ago at a swap meet - time and again - as always pushing the Night Prowler stuff.....class act....always a nice guy to just shoot the breeze with....

lwf

29. hvychvy

hvychvy

Ralph was a great guy,and will be missed dearly.

30. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

RIP Ralph...one of the homespun heroes of customizing!