Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lost a good member this week AndysDeuce RIP Don

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35chevymaster, Aug 1, 2013.

1. 35chevymaster

35chevymaster
    from indiana

Don was a good friend & those that knew him will remember Hanah his daughter who was with most everwhere. I know he attended the hamb drags several times. and he took me to my first meet & greet and the Nats. I blame him for getting me interested in traditional rods. Thanks Don You will be missed..

Donald J. Anderson, 66, Indianapolis passed away July 28, 2013 at his home.
    He was born June 29, 1947 in Indianapolis the son of the late Orville and Hattie (Dishman) Anderson.
    Donald was a truck driver for over 30 years and 2 million miles without accident or a ticket. He was a member of Teamsters Local # 135, Indy Hi-Winders and Westside Moose. Donald served honorably in the United States Air Force as Military Police during the Vietnam War. He enjoyed his Hot Rod cars and fast boats.
    Donald is survived by his daughter, Hanah Anderson; step-sons, Philip and Adrian Ramilo; sister, Judy Coon, (husband-Marty); nephew, Keith Coon,( wife Shannon) and several cousins, nieces and nephews.
    He was preceded in death by his parents and wife, Juana.
    Services will be 12:00 P.M. Friday, August 2, 2013 at Flanner and Buchanan-Floral Park, 425 N. Holt Rd. with visitation from 10:00 A.M. until service time Friday, August 2, 2013 at the funeral home.
    You are invited to go to the Guest Book page to pass along your personal message or tell a story.
    Sincerely,
    -Your friends at Flanner and Buchanan

Attached Files:

2. GMC BUBBA

GMC BUBBA
    Member Emeritus

Yep another good one gone.
    We traveled to a lot of shows with Don and raced him at the hamb drags with our Krylon roadster ( slant six vs 350 chevrolet).
    Good car show friend!!

3. I am at a loss. We had so much fun with Don at HAMB events. He truly will be missed.

4. Didn't know him, but he sounds like he was one of the good guys. My condolences to his family and friends.

Rest in peace sir..........E

5. This is sad,we have lost another really great guy,,my condolences to the family. HRP

6. Plowboy

Plowboy

Don sure was a great guy. Sorry to hear he is gone.

7. prpmmp

prpmmp

My Condolences!! God's getting greedy! He's taking to many good ones!! Time to take the not so good ones!! RIP Don! Pete

8. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

9. jdubbya

jdubbya

I met him quite a few years back at a garage cruise that was going on during the evening of the old Goodguys event. I pulled up not knowing a soul, and he was the first person to introduce himself. What a great guy!
    I have a Hi-Winders decal on my truck, that will proudly serve as a memorial to Don... May he rest in peace... -Joe

10. Eagletucky

Eagletucky

Rest in peace, Don.....

11. dennisk

dennisk
    from Indiana

Don was a good guy. He will be missed by all of us who were fortunate enough to know him.

12. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

wonder why I haven't seen him around in awhile. what a nice guy. RIP

13. sorry to hear of his passing....sounds like a really great guy...

14. FlynBrian

FlynBrian

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Thoughts and prayers to the survivors.

16. 345winder

345winder
    BANNED

...what?! ,,aw man, I am so sorry to hear this ,,really saddens me ....I hung many at time with Don at carshows and he's even been down to the house a time or to hang with me & my dad, he invited me to ride along to the Hamb drags one year, but I couldn't make it, so without me even asking he brought me back a hamb drags shirt and wouldn't take any money for it! ,, man,, really sorry to hear...my condolinces to his family,,, :(

17. Aw, damn! I'll miss bs'ing with Don at HAMB events.

18. Tough way to set the tone of my day. :( Don was really a nice guy, and I was lucky enough to know him. I know the Indy guys have really lost a treasure. RIP, Don

19. Oilcan Harry

Oilcan Harry
    from INDY

I've known Don about fifteen years. A very friendly sort. He contacted me intialy by e mail after reading one of my HAMB posts. We met at a gathering at Tom Culbertson's shop and have been friends ever since. Great guy, always funny, quite the character, and always concerned about his daughter's welfare. I hate hearing this, I will miss him. Condolences to his family and friends.

20. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

From the posts by his friends he sounded like a really great guy. So sorry to hear of his passing.......may he rest in peace.

Don

21. DocWatson

DocWatson
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sorry to hear of loosing yet another member, well now he is cruising with the greats that went before him with his wife riding shotgun.
    Rest easy.

Doc.

22. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

I was on the road all day yesterday and got a text from Kevin Lee about Don's passing. I think Kevin summed it up best... That man was pure class.

23. MissBelvedere

MissBelvedere

There are really no words for a time like this.... Don logged many hours at our shop and truly was a part of not only our family but the Rocket family as well. We have some great memories of the many road trips/adventures we took all over in the hot rods and he will most definitely be missed by all of us. His viewing/funeral was today and Tom was one of the pallbearers, it was a fitting service complete with hot rods and customs and of course leading the line was his `32 that many of you are familiar with from the HAMB Drags.... I'm sure he was smiling down at us... May he rest in peace.

24. Harms Way

Harms Way

So very sorry to hear this ,... His family will be in my prayers.....

Fair winds, and following seas Don.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

25. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

Godspeed to a GREAT man.......I remember meeting him at the HAMB Drags and KCSP & he was passing the torch to the 'younger' generation. Heck, If I recall correctly......he brought one of his pre-teen nephews to the drags and the kid was building memories.

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

26. 38 Chevy Madness

38 Chevy Madness
    from Indiana

My Uncle Don was a good man. He was my Mom’s little brother, My Dad’s best friend, a loving Husband and Father. He brought over the boys from the Philippines and shared his love of cars with them and everyone he was around.

My Uncle Don has a very special place in my heart. I am a very lucky person to have had a Uncle like him. My Dad is and always will be the biggest influence on my life, but My Uncle Don is on his bumper not lacking very much. He was the cool in Hot Rod. I spent many of hours at car shows with My family growing up. My Uncle started building a 1955 Chevy which for me started the car crazy. My Dad’s old 57 would always tag behind that 55 of my Uncle’s.

Over the 19 past years My wife and kids have enjoyed being around Uncle Don and his family during the holidays. He always had good things to say with that smile on his face.
    My Uncle Don gave my oldest son a ride in his race car just before he sold it. Taylor my son said he thought he was going to die. I told my son that Uncle Don would always fire up that 55 and burn through the gears giving me a ride like that. I always want to go again and again.

Over the past three year I have been working on My Dad’s 38 Chevy. I knew anything I need was just a phone call away from my Uncle. I wish he could have been here to see the car done. I wanted so badly to show Dad and Uncle Don what I could do to an old piece of Family rust, and then take them both for a ride like they have given me.

For the most important part! My uncle and myself had a conversation about his salvation. His mother was a good Baptist Lady that knew the way to heaven. My Uncle shared with me the day he declared Jesus is his Lord and Savor. I asked Uncle Don if he wanted to say the sinners pray again with me and my wife. He looked me in the eye and said yes. I know where he is now! that was and always will be the most important time we spent with one another. The rest is just bonus overtime. I will see my Uncle Don Soon. Hopefully you will also.

Thank You all for being My Uncle’s friends,

Keith Coon

27. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

You know he will be riding with you in that 38.
    God speed Don.

28. cabriolethiboy

cabriolethiboy

I can't believe I missed this until today. I knew Don for over 30 years, and he was a very approachable, down to earth guy. I really feel bad about his passing. I liked him a lot. If I would have known I would have been at his services. My condolences to his family and friends.