Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tom Willfords severe health condition

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j.willford, Jun 22, 2013.

1. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

We all will miss those Great stories !! Chris

2. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Don't have to read between the lines there Angliagsser.
    So Sad!

3. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Tom's 67th birthday is coming up on August 16th.

4. onefaststude

onefaststude

Just to clarify, Tom has not left us, but the prognosis is not good.
    To those of you who know Tom, take a second to remember him for what he has always been and maybe throw in a prayer or two
    Bob Drury

5. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

Talked to the nurse's station this morning. They said he slept comfortably last night. His whole family was there yesterday evening with him.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

Cheering on Tom and family from here. This is one of the people who inspire me to be a better person. Tom probably doesn't know it, but he also inspired my career path. Wish I lived closer, to have more time with him.

Scotty

7. 123

from Seattle

Running around swapmeets and carshows when I was little Jason and I would always hang out and I remember Tom always telling stories about drag racing or the history of a certain driver/car and even if I wasn't involved in the conversation I loved just standing back and listening to the stories.
    Tom has always been in an awesome mood and willing to stop and BS for a bit. Whenever I saw him at shows/meets I would say hi and catch up a bit....until I got married and then he just ignored me all together and paid attention to my wife!
    I always get calls from my dad saying "I ran into Tom at the show and he was asking if you an....er....if Nikki was there".

8. 33hotrod

33hotrod

Hope Tom is going to be alright! Tell Tom Stan from LA says high, and hope he'll be OK! Stan

9. I have known Tom since the Fremont days. He is truly an amazing person. The thing I like the most about Tom is his positive attitude. A phone call with Tom could take 45 minutes but it seemed to be about 15. He is so smart and passionate about this old drag stuff. I think of him often when I drive my Willys because I got the Cragar gas pedal from him in a trade. He said he had had it since he was a young guy and I felt special that I ended up with it. The world would be a better place with more people like Tom.

10. rfraze

rfraze

Very true, Kev. Here are some pics of Tom that Marty Strode put up over on Modern Nostalgia Drag Cars thread.

Attached Files:

11. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

There are some pics on my profile of Tom and me "Match Racing" at S.I.R. in the 90s, don't know how to put them over here, Tom sure had Fun with the Bizio Truck !! Tom "The Thumb" sure knew how put the Spurs to that ol Chrysler !! Chris

12. When restoring our Chassis Research Dragster I had the honor and pleasure of speaking with Tom on many occasions..... One class guy who knows his stuff... Stay strong Tom!

Jay

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  13. trashn'l

trashn'l

I met Tom quite a few years ago when I first got aspirations to build a Willys, He invited me to his house, showed me all the great stuff he had collected and indulged my stupid questions. Letting me sit in the Bizio truck sealed the deal. What a class guy, I wish him all the best.

14. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Figured out how to post pictures of Tom's truck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 22, 2013
  15. magooz

magooz

Hey Chris,
    I love those photos of our friend Willfords truck and you. Keep it up. Was going with Ken K to see Tom this afternoon if he was up to it, but they opened my foot up this morning at the wound clinic, and I need keep it elevated for a few days. MAGOO

16. Lytles Garage

Lytles Garage

Hi Magoo: Not very good pics, but all I could find. Boy all of us are going down ! I had back surgury last wed. wish I could go see Tom also. the one photo of Tom with the front up is cool, that truck was Bitchin ! wish Tom still had the truck and I had my car, for one more Match Race !!! Chris

17. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

I am very sorry to hear of Toms passing, but he is in a better place now. I will miss our weekly, if not daily conversations and/or visits. He was one of the nicest people anyone could have ever meet. I am proud to have considered Tom one of my very good friends....

18. 123

from Seattle

Did he pass or is he still in the hospital???

19. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

He past away yesterday at around 6:00 pm.

20. 123

from Seattle

One of the last things he told my wife and I was that "roadtrips are one of the best things for a relationship". Finding out about his passing while on a Sunday roadtrip..... I'm going to miss you Tom.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2013
  21. GARY?

GARY?

I only have a few memories of Tom.
    One is him giving Jason his son crap about hopping up VWs. Funny but to Jason's defence, they are fast as hell.
    The other is him buying an old FED chassis at the PIR swap meet for 150 bucks or so. Said "it was gonna be yard art". Pretty sure it got the full Willford treatment. Best buy of the whole swap.

RIP Tom.

22. Church

Church
    from South Bay

23. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

Sorry to hear of Tom's passing. Prayers to Jason and the rest of his family and many friends.