Register now to get rid of these ads!

She's Alive!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LIVFRD, Aug 1, 2013.

1. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

...well, sort of.

Quick backstory: '54 F100 bought back in '96, got it on the road and cruised around town for a few years until '03. Master cylinder blew at about the same time that I was selling my house (...and the garage attached to it) to move to the big city (...no garage). Truck went in to storage, but I did not do a good job of prepping it, I really didn't plan on it being more than a winter. Well, 10 years later with the help of a buddy, his truck and a tow strap she finally felt the sun on her roof again yesterday.

My question is, what tips do you have for pulling a vehicle out of storage? At this point, I've basically created my own barn find situation. The gas in the tank stinks to high hell, I know I've got to go through everything with a fine tooth comb but I'm looking to make sure I don't miss anything. I did try searching around for a checklist of sorts here on the board, but if it's there I wasn't looking in the right places (...entirely likely)

My to do do list:

-Drop gas tank and get it boiled out. Reinstall with all new lines
    -Replace master cylinder
    -Change every drop of every fluid anywhere in the thing from the coolant back to the diff.
    -New plugs, wires, belts, hoses
    -New wheels/tires
    -Upper cylinder lube in each cylinder

Thanks

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2013
  2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

while replacing master cylinder do rubber sections of brake lines - pull brake drums and check rubber parts - might have to replace fuel line - flush cooling system - check wiring under dash, etc for cracking - etc. post more pics when you get it on the road.

3. LIVFRD

LIVFRD

Definitely replacing fuel line. Good call on the rubber brake lines, thanks!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!