Register now to get rid of these ads!

car cruise rant

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mrchevrolet2, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Tell 'm chili!

2. You know the one "cruse" I go to has limited parking maybe 50 cars.They tell you where to park and the only way a spot is saved is if someone has just completed thier car.It really cuts down on all the bull shit and bitchin. -Fat Chico

3. Correct, but I don't bitch about it and would expect the same! I only bitch about "donks" and their obnoxious ways.

4. Park elsewhere and walk in, then?

5. Bwahahaha!

6. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

I'm going on what a couple people said that supposedly counted. I've questioned that myself but they insisted they counted. The K-Mart lot was loaded up and a lot of cars were parked back along side the K-Mart going to the theater (which aren't really parking spaces). You also have to account for those who left early and the late comers that took their places.

7. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

did you just learn a new word?

8. These power parkers are the types of people that have an inferrior complex and buy into the hobby . They know absolutely nothing about building a car but they want the whole world to see what their money has bought them . People need to relax and blend in . If your merits a lot of interest dont worry word will get out and people will come in droves to see your creation . I personally dont give a damn and walk rigth past the power parkers even if it is a beautifully painted and detailed car . Its attention seekers needing all the glory to make their pitifull lives more bearable . Of course this is just my opinion !!! What do I know ??

9. We call them "one man shows"- out comes the board with all the details (done by a signwriter of course) propped up on the bumper, The trunk is left open with every doo-dad and geegaw that has the make of their car on it, the back seat is full of more tacky crap, and then the annoying full-blast music. I saw one guy do this at a shopping centre at about 11 in the morning.(no cruise-in happening, just people going to K-mart)! Must be a Nigel No-mates!

10. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

Ryans Fuel tank TV interview is at 37 posts this thread is at 131.....

11. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

It's because everyone's jonesing for the next newbie car wash thread.

12. dynaflash

dynaflash
    from South

I never really cared for 4 door Falcons but man I love that one. Super cool.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

13. patina33

patina33

I don't get. There is a cruise in that starts around 4:00 and guys with cars come in around 5:00 or 6:00 and want a good spot. Believe me, I am no power parker. If those guys got there early and saved spots for their buddys, I park a little further out. No sence in staring a ruckus.

14. iroc409

iroc409

Check Google Images. It's a thing.

15. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I'm well aware, but yet not excited enough about them to use it several times in the same thread.

To each his own, I can find another space. I think saving spaces is BS, especially if none are available elsewhere. I'm also not one to give attention to those that are blatantly begging for it.

16. S_Mazza

S_Mazza

Psychological experiment:
    Go back to one of the cruises with the spot savers, walk up to a stranger, and tell them what happened here. Then ask if that sort of thing happens on the discussion boards they frequent. See what kind of reaction you get. Come back here. Discuss.

17. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just move closer the junk "saving" the space, and park. This exists, and continues, because you tolerate it. Put it to an end.

18. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

For kicks, leave a few empty beer cans and some fake puke in front of their lawn chair. Just a suggestion from a former power puker.

19. So tell me, a show is held at an eatery, a guy brings his wife out early to eat. They came early because they have elsewhere to go. They get a spot right out front, are they power parkers ??

20. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

21. That's pretty much why I stopped trying to go to this one. It used to go to 7:30-8:00 now they're all leaving by 6. By the time I get off work and drive out everyone's gone.

22. Yes, I think it is like that everywhere.

23. Baggs

Baggs

This is awesome!! As I read it I got the exact visual you are talking about!

24. Where in the hell did I put my lawn chair?

25. 1gearhead

1gearhead

You save a spot by parking in it! Not with a lawn chair, cone, or crime scene tape. When i see this sort of thing in a spot that i want to park in I just move it and park. No one has yet been ready to physically defend the spot they are saving.

26. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

LMAO good for you :cool:

27. Yes this is power parking ! They knew the show would be held at this establishment and that the other off topic cars would soon leave or be asked to park outside of the show perimeters leaving their car in the spot that they wanted and to be seen in . If they parked somewhere that they know would be somewhere in the middle of the display area and just blend in with the other enthusiasts then no that is not power parking .

28. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Wow! Everybody wanting to bash the old retired guys because they are bored to death all day and head you to the cruise-in early. I guess I have better shit to worry about.........

29. 392

Really simple don't go

30. hotrodhoodlum

hotrodhoodlum
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

no matter whether it is a local cruise in or Good Guys or N.S.R.A there is always going
    to be chairs to save spots
    I say throw them in a big pile and have a bonfire maybe people will get the message