Register now to get rid of these ads!

Sacramento swap meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by seanrolandwood, Jul 21, 2013.

1. seanrolandwood

seanrolandwood
    from sacramento

Looking for parts, got parts to sell, just like rusty ol' car parts or maybe you just like hanging out with car guys to talk about the good old days, well don't miss your chance just remember all the good stuff is gone early so grab your coffee and come on out. Let's not let this meet die off like Jim's Chevrolet swap meet at Sac State anyone who went this year knows what I'm talking about, just sad for how many car people we have in the area let's get out and support our hobby and make a few new contacts & happy hunting to all of those that prefer the the real thing to repop crap.

GATES OPEN AT 6

Attached Files:

2. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Ill be there but im not a fan of that location …. The parking spots are to small and all the islands make for a PITA when pulling a wagon.
    My p/u has ended up with mystery dents more that once.

Why has no one used cal expo for swaps?

3. Ill be there with a load of early Ford goodies.

4. 48reo

48reo

see you there!

5. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

hope that they have figured out a way to let Sellers in faster - Saturday afternoon in line for hours, Sunday in line for over an hour. have to pull in then park your truck, go up to a booth and stand in line to get a (small) space, or more. go back to truck to sit in line to be allowed to find an open spot. yes, can pre-register but, still sit in a line. do not have reserved spots, except for big time vendors. other swaps just pay and pull in, or while in line given Seller form to fill out & pay and then go find a space.

7. seanrolandwood

seanrolandwood
    from sacramento

I agree they need to find a way to set it up better for vendors and the small time guy with bit and pieces to encourage people to bring the gems from the barn to the meet, but either way its the best swap meet we have in the immediate area so here's to hoping they can work the kinks out and and the vendors aren't so annoyed they won't be in a mood to deal.

8. I'll be there selling with a few of my friends. Here's a sample of some of the stuff we're bringing...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We'd rather sell parts than take 'em home, so stop by and let's make a deal. See ya there!

9. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

See you there.

How much for the sofa?

10. You mean the tank display unit? I'm sure we can work something out.

11. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

***ya, the red string trimmer too? Ha!

12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I actually need a tank for my Triumph street tracker that unfortunately caught fire. The one in the foreground looks good but mine mounts with a stud up the middle.

Attached Files:

13. 5CHERO8

5CHERO8

I'm going to the swap meet to buy a car, but I have one item - bulky, but totable - I would like to sell. Is there some way to do that?

14. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

I've done it. I just put a sign on her back. All I got was trade offers.

15. big M

big M

Loading up the trailer and truck right now. If anyone needs specific parts, let me know, If I have them, I'll bring them to save a trip.

---John

16. I agree Rusk. I'll be there to sell. Basically I'll be the lets make a deal name your price spot

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

17. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

Dudes!! I'm looking for a two things!!

* Gas filler neck for a 1956 Chevy

* Drivers side front inner fender for 1956 Chevy

See y'all there, I'm shopping!!!!

18. Is it too late to be a seller?

I have some stuff to unload!

Sam

19. So-Cal Speed Sacramento

So-Cal Speed Sacramento
    Alliance Vendor
    from Sacramento

We'll be out there! If there is anything you need from the shop, just give us a call and we'll make sure it's on the show trailer for you.

20. Nope come on out we have 11,000 spaces we guarantee everyone wil have spaces ..
    set up is 5pm to 9PM on Saturday

(many guys show up at 9am on Saturday to line up on a "one way street going the wrong way" ARGH..then the cops get in my face to get the cars off the street .. then we have to stage in long rows in the back lot a mess ..

SHHHH if you come around 7:30pm all lines are gone and you can get in with out the wait in the hot sun....

we open at 5am on Sunday for vendors .. we try to speed things up but there are always someone "plugging the flow" with "issues"
    come with cash and the app filled out

THERE ARE NO ASSIGNED SPACES.. YOU TAKE THE NEXT OPEN SPACE AS YOU ARRIVE!

if you want me to email you an app
    send a note to [email protected]

the spaces are small 8x17 $20 and you can buy them back to back or side by side

to figure out how many you will need take your length and divide by 8 and that wil give you the number of spaces that you will need

also you can just buy one space and "power park"
    if you want and do not have to sell parts .....

the grounds are huge.. it can take 6 hours to walk the entire swap meet

sorry guys it was not my plan to make it this huge ... it just happened after we pulled up stakes in Reno in 2007

each time it grows a little larger and the big commercial vendors are now wanting to come in too ...even an auction wants in

thanks everyone for all your support ....I hope to retire this next year and hand it off to someone who is a hobbyist and continue our Harrah/Finefrock roots going back to 1965 ...

PS I had over 322 calls today asking stuff like ..
    Will we have any spaces left? YES
    Do you have a list of people selling Willys parts? NO.
    Is the parking free? YES
    Will my 40 ft trailer fit in one space ? DUH
    I want to pay by credit card? NO
    Can I sell water? NO
    Can I bring my dog? NO! NO! NO!
    Can I ride my bike? NO! NO! NO!
    Do you have a discount for Seniors? No
    Do you want to sell the swap meet ? YES! YES! YES!
    Will all the Ford parts be in one row? no comment

21. nhmikel

nhmikel
    from NH

I am seeking 36-38 dodge truck parts

22. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

Will be there looking forward to it!

23. Everything I own (and aint selling!!) is Chevy and then the father-in-law wills me his Ford F-100 driver/project .... will there be any ford crap there? I'm looking!

See ya Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!

24. That's all I'm bringing is Ford crap. No late model stuff though sorry Sam

25. 5CHERO8

5CHERO8

I'll be bringing my 1957-59 Ford custom-made power-brake booster system. Sold the 1958 Ranchero before I got a chance to install it.

Attached Files:

26. rpkiwi

rpkiwi
    from Truckee CA

How early are we talking about,I am looking for original inner door and window handles amongst other things for my 29.

27. 1 KooL "MoFo"

1 KooL "MoFo"

Man going to try to make it out there !

28. Model A and a few early V8 parts. It's possible I might have those handles. I'll be int burgundy Tacoma. My dad should be with me most of the time. He carries and O2 bottle with him so he's not to hard to spot. I don't really know my 28-29 stuff so you'll have to look through the door handle pile sunday

29. olscrounger

olscrounger
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Just got back--lots of great stuff--some overpriced and some not---not a s many cars for sale as usual. Bought and orig 40 std grille NOS never mounted with orig reciept from 57--box and tags dated 5-8-51-it was well worth going for me.

30. just got back from there.
    took my 1960 chevy Biscayne to sell.
    but no takers.
    oh well. I guess I`ll keep her.
    had a great time tho, talking to old gearheads, like me.