Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Section `41 Ford Sports Rod

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Henry Floored, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Hey I have been enamored with this since I saw this pic over on another thread called "A Tale of Three Chops". Does anyone have more pics and info about this bitchin' "sports rod"? I love how the sectioning take the weighty look out of it and the different rear fenders look cool as well. Any input would be much appreciated.
    [​IMG]

2. Rikster

Rikster

Its actually a 1941 Mercury...

Jack Telnack 1941 Mercury Convertible.

This is the information we at the Custom Car Photo Archive received from Bob about the car.

The owner was Jack Telnack who later became head designer at Ford Motor. He was mainly credited for the Taurus and Sable. He drove the car to LA and back several times while attending Art Center Design School. The car was channeled and sectioned, with 50 Dodge rear fenders. They never completed the car. All body work was just roughed in. It was sold in Calif, and Jack told me last year (2005) that he had not seen it since e sold it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Wow Rik what a great story! Thanks for the pics and info. You're a gem!

4. Henry Floored

Henry Floored

Happy Birthday Rik!