Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ryan Cochran: The Fuel Tank TV Interview

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jive-Bomber, Jul 31, 2013.

1. Jive-Bomber

Jive-Bomber

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 31, 2013
  2. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

I cant imagine Ryan letting a post with his mug on it to stay open too long!!! HAHAA!

3. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Only cuz it's Jay... and while I love the guys at Bandit Films and Fuel TV, I can't stand that interview. Read the intro to do the interview where it talks about how I hadn't slept in over 36 hours, etc... It's not far from the truth!

4. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

hahahah Ryan has to let this stay up because it has already gotten out once before, too many have seen it already for him to try and hide it

5. There goes the witness protection program all shot to hell.

6. I think it's a cool interview and definitely not contrived,,honest.

I also remember reading a long time ago about the origin of the HAMB but seriously do you think the Hokey Ass Message Board would be near the international phenomenon without the tongue cheek name?:confused:

Once again,I thank you Ryan for your vision and dedication to traditional Hot Rods & Customs. HRP

7. Hell must have frozen over.............................

8. the-rodster

the-rodster

9. wex65

wex65
    from WV

Cool interview, nice to see TJJ is a passion based business. Always the best way...

10. pila38

pila38

I saw this the other month when someone else posted it. Good stuff, I was always curious who Mr. Cochran was, now I know. Thanks for this place Ryan, it keeps me sane as the only male in my house (twin three year old daughters, and an eight month old daughter)!

11. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

I love what fuel does holy crap spot on boys , but can I get my 14 min of my life back.....

Posted using the full custom HAMB App that I paid $99.99 for. Best money I ever spent.

12. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Double Cool - Thanks

13. Church

Church
    from South Bay

Luke and Ryan... both really smart fellas.

14. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Man, don't say my name in the same sentence with Luke... That dude is so far ahead of me it's not even funny. I mean, I've gotta man crush.

Fuel

15. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

What a great interview Ryan. Have only met you once but know you fairly well from this site. Your insight is exactly what I expected. Thanks. Satan must be sleeping with a heating blanket.

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I like this. Ryan is usually that laid back when I talk to him and always a pleasure to shoot the shit with. Good company.

Speaking on the subject of the HAMB being better or worse 10 years ago, I've heard that a bunch in the last year. Typically people have said that there's nothing going on on the HAMB lately and my response is that the HAMB is like anything else. You get out of it what you put in. You can't expect everyone else to build stuff to inspire you all the time. Sometimes you have to contribute yourself! Anybody see Von Hartman's A coupe thread? Tell me that's not as good as anything that's ever been posted on this site?

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=643051&highlight=von+hartman

17. flamingokid

flamingokid

Those Lortabs really worked....

18. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

amen dude! And von Hartman's A is INCREDIBLE!

19. BrerHair

BrerHair
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Honestly, I do. :)

Hard to argue with that. Or, it is like finding good music on the radio. It's out there, you just have to wade through a bunch of crap to find it. And what's great to you might be so-so to me, etc.

I will take this opportunity to say, once again, how thankful I am (we are) for Ryan's extraordinary vision to not only create this fantastic place but to manage it's growth so competently. Passion based, indeed!

20. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

hahahahaha 99.99 did i really just buy something i know nothing about , damn double whammy.....

21. chopd top

chopd top
    from Florida
    1. HAMB Relays

I like this too. For those of us that have never had the honor of meeting Ryan, it nice to be able to put a face to the name. You've done a good thing here, Ryan, thanks for your efforts!

22. well now I feel more edumacated about the hamb and its roots `

23. MATACONCEPTS

MATACONCEPTS
    BANNED

OOOooo . . . . He's an ugly Fucker

24. raven

raven

and that 33...

Thanks Ryan.
    r

25. flamingokid

flamingokid

26. silverdome

silverdome

Ryan,

Your modesty is great and your passion greater.

Thanks, Mark

27. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Inspiration comes in many forms. A Ford cpe in France, perfect. I got wound up about Porsche and Ferrari in Paris, France at 17yrs old. Knew em, just didn't get 'bit' until I walked up on em just parked like any other car. Kool stuff, but I have to finish the vid later. Ready for a 2nd coat...

28. BLAKE

BLAKE

29. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Nice interview, good insight into the man behind the curtain.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  30. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

I liked it. I had never heard the origin of the name HAMB or I forgot that I had. It just seemed to fit I guess. Even old guys learn new stuff every day.

John