Register now to get rid of these ads!

Yakima Vintiques NW nats? Anyone?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fourspeedwagon, Jul 30, 2013.

1. I know it's mostly kinda street roddy but its what we have. Is there gonna be some HAMBers showing up? I see that Rockets Hot Rod shop is having an open house on Thursday before the show starts (maybe a half hour east).
    I used to go to the vintiques years ago but haven't been in a while. I've had a HAMB streak since before I had even heard of the HAMB i guess. Couldn't bear to walk through all those lipstick, billet, cup holder mobiles but I have faith that some home builds will save the show. I may be a picky summa ma bitch but I know what I like..

I'll be at Sea Galley Thursday night for the parking lot concert and hit the show either Sunday morning or Saturday mid day. If there's not plans maybe a meet n greet breakfast or something?

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  2. Be sure to stop by the booth & say Hello! Hope you'll make it to the open house. I'm also hoping to see some more traditional Rods show. We always have a blast no matter what.

3. Andy_H

Andy_H

I will be there at both Rocket's open house and the car show all weekend. Just look for the green Dodge hot rod truck.
    Andy

4. rusty bill

rusty bill

I start setting up my tent trailer this afternoon!

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There isn't much happening on Sunday at Vintiques as they are usually holding their awards inside the dome and then booking for home right after.

Updated to reflect Satus Pass being reopened. Click the link below for info.

This is the link to the WSdot site for Satus Pass http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/satus/default.aspx

Last edited: Jul 31, 2013
  6. dubcee

dubcee

Ill be there Friday am, beer in hand!

7. Thanks 48 - I was just checking the schedule for the show and saw that about Sunday. Looks like I'll be changing my Saturday plans and be there on Saturday morning instead.

Not that you guys will need it, but if you out of towners need a hand or anything, I'll do what I can to help. Message me through the hamb - it goes to my phone

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

UPdate on Satus Pass. It just opened back up a while ago with slight delays as they are using pilot cars through the burn section and have a 40 mph speed limit in that section.
    http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/passes/satus/default.aspx

I know it looks like two quite similar posts but I changed the other one to give the right info.

That will help the Oregon folks coming up a bunch and make my coworker happy as he is heading south tomorrow to fish.

9. 40 mph on satus (hiway 97) is still better than that Bickelton road. Good to hear they're getting a handle on that.

I'll be postponing goathead harvest to go to this show so you know it's gonna be good!

10. wayfarer

wayfarer

My parents are headed down tonight in their '50 Chevy hardtop, pulling an Escape trailer. They camp at the fairgrounds every year.

11. april may

april may

I went last year, there was lots of good stuff.

12. dubcee

dubcee

April, You going to be there this year?

13. Yea drive that fancy new pink Lincoln down!

14. Think I might stay home in the smoke. The fire is 2 canyons over and north a bit, but working this way. I should be real safe with a green belt above me. I hope you guys aren't sitting in smoke down there this wk-end. If I get a wild hair, I might blow down for a bit sat.

15. Good luck nomo- stay safe, car shows are good but returning to a smoldering pile would negate most of the fun of the day..

16. Well, it was pretty much what I was expecting, but I did snap a few pic of cars that stood out to me.
    The lil roadster pickup- dark blue with a Desoto Hemi
    "A" 5 window- chopped and channeled running an Olds with a manual trans (bonus points awarded for having 3 pedals)
    59 Buford
    34 pickup
    Divco gocart- The twins chose this as their favorite.

Thanks to Riley for finding me a Rocket Hot Rod Shop shirt in Extra Medium to fit me..

And the Ass of the day award to the guy with the Rat Rod by the red barn who started screaming at my kids when they were about twenty feet from his shitmobile ---
    Asshole rat guy "YOU KIDS DON'T TOUCH MY FUCKIN CAR!!!"
    Me "Don't worry, they got their tetanus shots already"

Attached Files:

17. Sounds like you had a decent time with the kids. How was the turn out ? Party time starts in about a hour or so.

18. Nomo- it's been about 15 years since I last went so I'm not sure what they expect for attendance, but from what I saw- the sundome was very empty, but there were lots of cars in the show and we parked at the absolute end if the lot cause it was packed. I heard approx 1000 cars were expected.

¿Anybody have a good reason why people stick a stuffed dummy or doll in front of their billetmobile?

19. uncle buck

uncle buck

If you factor in they were tasteless enough to buy the thing, it should pretty much sum it up. It looks like the weather was good and that Divco is cool. I haven't been in probably 12-15 years either.

20. Tasteless enough to buy the billetmobile or the dummy? :D

21. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I didn't make it because I am still elbows deep in that engine swap. I did see the little blue pickup with the blown small block cruising through Toppenish this morning when I made a parts run.
    Not sure on the numbers anymore Nomobux, Rocket may have a final count when he comes up for air. They opened it up to up to 72 year models a couple of years ago and it's about 25% filler cars now with all too many ragged out mid 60's four door sedans with not a thing done to them although you do see some nice super cars out on display. A lot of the old Vintiques crew is gone and the new brigade is as much into late models as they are real hot rods. My daughter went the first time when she was five weeks old and we camped in our travel trailer out in the oak trees and she went almost every until she was in her late teens and she isn't as enthused with the late model cars making it hard to tell if you are walking though the parking lot or in the car show.

I think they have done a bunch of work on that little Divco go cart since last year. The family that has it has kids about Fourspeedwagon's kids ages.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those blasted dolls and stuffed animals are often but not always the result of an older (my age or older) guy getting his wife involved in going to car shows and she thinks it's cute and it's her deal to take them.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  22. What kinda car was it?

24. Rocket- it was a Plymouth sedan that I was waiting for 20 jokers to pile out of- it was painted like some kinda clown car. He'd have gotten a poke in his squeaky nose if I were there alone but the twins need a better example so we walk on..

Isn't conforming to non-conformity still conforming?