Register now to get rid of these ads!

Chevy Small Block Rebuilder? - ARIZONA

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M1Lover, Jan 10, 2013.

1. M1Lover

M1Lover

Hey Gents. I've got a 1972 4-bolt 350 sitting on a stand that I've been saving for a street rod project that's apparently not going to happen anytime soon. Thinking about selling it but can't seem to give it away in its current "take-out" condition. Figure I'll have it rebuilt. Can anybody recommend a reliable builder in Arizona? I'm in Cottonwood in the Verde Valley but as we Arizonans know, we'll travel 500 miles for a good sandwich... I'd appreciate some first-hand local knowledge. THANKS, H.

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Chuck's performance center in Phoenix will NOT be the cheapest, but I have no doubt the best you can get.

3. M1Lover

M1Lover

Chuck' Speed Center on Weldon?

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Unless you actually plan to use it why spend the money to have it rebuilt? The same reason haters hate them is the reason that guys who love them love them, they are plentiful and you can get them cheap. The only guy who is going to come out rebuilding a 350 and then selling it is the guy who owns a shop where can do most of the work including machine work himself.

6. aaggie

aaggie

Sell it "as is" or donate to a local High School auto shop class and take the tax deduction. There are probably ten million or so SBC cores out there ready to be rebuilt.

7. M1Lover

M1Lover

Good advice Gents. Situation changed yesterday when my brother in Flagstaff threw a rod in his '72 Chevy K10. He's looking for a motor for it. I told him to just buy a GM Crate motor for it. He said he'd like to have the '72 engine I have rebuilt as his isn't original anyway. I emailed Chuck's for the Helluvit. Thanks for the replies. H

8. 3window31

3window31
    from AZ

Most of those crate engines are Hecho in Mexico. Some of the older ones were real crude when you opened them up. The cranks did not look the same as the ones made in the USA. Every machine shop in the state probably has at least one SBC where the customer bailed because they didn't have the money to pay the bill. Cheap to build and cheap to find that's why they are popular.

9. 55Hydramatic

55Hydramatic

What does your brothers truck look like? Because I've probably seen it around town.

10. Curly5759

Curly5759
    from Aridzona

Combustion Dynamics in Cottonwood. Jay builds race engines for a living. On Aspen just east of the Fire house.

Curly

11. 4bangertroy

4bangertroy
    from Phoenix

Morrison Auto Machine in downtown Glendale.