Register now to get rid of these ads!

Question about a 32 ford title

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rogueman, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Rogueman

Rogueman

I bought a 32 glass roadster 7 years ago. I have pulled the body from the frame and replaced it with a 30 body. I was going to sell the body with the 32 title, but when I pulled out my title it doen't say roadster. It says 4T under body style. What does 4T mean? I'm guessing 4 door touring. Can anyone tell me for sure?

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

There might be a listing of codes on line but I'd be asking the folks who do the licensing at the court house or asking the dmv if you have an office close by. You don't even have to mention that it is on your title but you can do the "I was looking at a car and the title says 4T in the body style.

3. keep the title with your chassis....sell the body without it

4. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Ditto. Normally the title goes with the chassis. That is where the VIN is stamped; not on the body.

5. Rogueman

Rogueman

Guys I understand about the numbers being on the frame. I am running the numbers from the 30 frame. That way I have a 30 coupe that sets on a 32 frame. You think that is wrong? Otherwise I would have a 30 coupe with a 32 title.

Anyway the question was what does the 4T stand for.

6. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

I just did a google search of Texas title abbreviations, and their site shows "4T" as a 4 door hardtop. Sounds like they've really got your title screwed up. I'd contact them before splitting things up, if you want it corrected to reflect a roadster, or convertible designation.
    According to their site the correct designation for a "roadster" should be "RD".

7. mechanic58

mechanic58

It stands for "4door hard top" See Texas DMV form VTR-249

8. Rogueman

Rogueman

9. mike in tucson

mike in tucson
    from Tucson

That's the really rare 32 hardtop? They probably made only a few of them, if any. What could it be worth?

10. Offer the body with the title and tell the buyer about the title,,if he want's it sell it with the body. HRP

11. Opening up a can of worms.

12. Hackerbilt

Hackerbilt

My thoughts exactly!