Register now to get rid of these ads!

Finally Got a Henry J

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by swade41, Oct 3, 2010.

1. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

Those tires are what I am planning on using on mine. Can't wait to see them mounted on the car!

Devin

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

looks great. what is the difference between street and race trim? what do you change

3. To get them on I'm going to have to move the shock/springs up a hole or two. They seem to be more than 2 inches taller than the slicks (28 inch) which with 13 lbs of air are probably in the 27 inch reign. More than just a bolt on so I'm not jumping on putting them on yet..ha ha

I put air cleaners in the scoop, different spark plugs, Champions, (don't want to foul out my good NGK plugs), bolt on the exhaust and street tires. Not a whole lot of difference really just a bit of work.

4. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Phil. Do you plan on running these at the strip ? Be interesting to see what these taller tires do to your ET and 60 ft times.

5. I was hoping to get a 1/4 mile run with the current setup to see where the engine is spinning with the new gears. If it is still in the safe zone then I won't try these until the current slicks are to thin to run..lol
    I was planning on going to a 29 inch height slick if I had too, these were such a good deal I just couldn't pass them up even though they are 30 inch tall.
    The Gasser Racing Series is running again this Saturday so I hope the air is better than last time out. I want to play with the launch rpm a bit but with only two time trials it's kind of tough. They do have an open time trial which is 1/4 mi which starts at 1 pm but we start our time trials at 1:15, not much room there.

6. I do think the taller tires will slow me down in the 1/8 but may pick up mph through the 1/4.
    One of those damned if you do, damned if you don't kinda things thinking about it.

7. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow. It came out awesome. I haven't seen this thread since you banged up the rear quarter. Awesome work.

8. Thanks man, it's been a long haul over this past winter but worth it in the end.

9. 4 pedals

4 pedals
    from Nor Cal

How wide are your wheels those tires are mounted on?

Thanks

Devin

10. nimrodracing50

nimrodracing50

I really think the Henry J's are cool.Looks like you got a nice one. All it needs is some TLC and you will have a great car. I would love to have one.

11. The ET Streets are mounted on 10 inch wide rims and the slicks are on 8.5 inch rims.

12. I raced this past Saturday with a heavy heart, I learned of the passing of my dad on Thursday night. I went back home to Missouri two weeks ago to visit with him while I still had a chance and was glad I got that opportunity.
    It sucks but something we knew was coming and once again I'll will be heading back for his final visit. Just want to say spend some time with your family if you get the chance, this was a 6 month deal and he is gone.
    That being said I had some shitty lights and went out in the second round to my good friend Art once again. Pulled the plugs and they are just shy of lean which was a surprise since the air is so bad. I think I will jet up a number before next race and see if it likes it.
    I found out the car will NOT hold at 2500 rpm on the line, pushed through and I didn't lift so pushed right into a red light. It did have a nice wheelie though ! At 2000 rpm at the line it gave me a 1.51 60ft and a new best of 7.15

Last race pictures but this was at 2000 rpm and the car dropped .12 and ran a 7.16 w/1.52 60ft

[​IMG]

this one was at 2300 rpm and had a 1.53 60ft

[​IMG]

13. Very sorry to hear about your father. It couldn't have been easy getting out on the track on Saturday.

14. Baron

Baron
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Phil. Sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost mine 7 years ago ( and my mom 3 years ago). Glad you were able to get back home to see him one last time.
    I'm sure your time on the track was good therapy. Our condolences to you and your family.

15. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

Hey Phil ! I am sorry to hear about your father , and I think it is great that you got to see & talk to him one last time. My condolences to you and your family - Bernie

16. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Phil,
    Sorry to hear about your father. It's never easy to lose a parent.

The car looks great. You can be very proud of all your work on it.
    -Bob

17. My eyes were drawn to the photo of you "hangin' the hoops", and then I started reading.......sorry.

18. deadendcruiser

deadendcruiser

Sorry for your loss Phil. What part of Ohio do you go through on the way to missouri?

19. Thanks everyone, it was a tough few days there to say the least.

The trip consists of state line to Cleveland to Columbus to Cincinnati to state line and all the small towns in-between.

20. Attached Files:

21. loudbang

loudbang

Here are yours.

Capture.JPG click photos to enlarge

Capture a.JPG

[​IMG][​IMG]

22. Thanks, I thought that was a direct link to my car...lol

Here is what it looks like waiting for the rain to stop during Saturday's race. They finally called the race but we still got a couple runs in. The gassers were lined up all the way down to the far telephone pole and several behind me too.

[​IMG]

23. 51 Hemi J

51 Hemi J

Sorry for your loss.

Where in Missouri are you from? Im originally from Novinger, MO (NE Missouri) but live in Columbia.

The car looks real good!

24. henry's57bbwagon

henry's57bbwagon

Sorry to hear of the passing of your dad, may he rest in peace and smile down on you.

25. magooz

magooz

Hey guys,
    I know this is an older Henry-J thread, but I just stumbled on it today. This is our '51 H/J Gasser we've been building over the last four yrs. Street legal Street Rod with a 496" BBC, TCI T-400, Nodular Case Strange 9" 456, Detroit Locker. Mid 70's style Crower Injector "Not EFI" It's Mech. The way Injection should be. Runs great using a Kinsler Dial-A-Jet that holds 8 Pills. Just find the one it runs good on. Then center it in the Dial-A-Jet, and now you can go Richer or Leaner from it. Now you can tune it with a twist of the dial as required. The frontend goes on next week.
    Thanks Ken "MAGOOZ"

H/J Info = http://www.henryjcars.com/hjc74/Ken/build.html

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2013
  26. Cool car, you should post it here

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=325949&highlight=henry+owners

27. magooz

magooz

swade41,
    I think I already did a while back. Your H/J is really great. Has the Gasser looks that all us older guys love. Magooz

Last edited: Aug 2, 2013
  28. it needs your engine...lol

29. Gold Cup is one week away, lets get ready !

[​IMG]