Register now to get rid of these ads!

CR8APL8 License Plates BEWARE!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by M.Edell, Jul 29, 2013.

1. M.Edell

M.Edell

Decided to have some Black and Gold 63 California plates made from http://www.cr8-one.com/ This guy is sick in the head! Took my money over 4 months ago.Tried calling numerous times, the phone only rang and rang.I emailed and never a reply.One day I called and asked him what the status was on my order and it sounded like he was drunk and mumbles things that made no sense at all and then hung up on me.Then one day his website said he wasnt making reproduction plates for California anymore period.And then two months ago a mass email to about 100 customers who had ordered black and gold 63 plates saying our orders our shipping and then scanned pics of our plates.Two months later nothing yet...I emailed him today to ask whats going on and if they shipped yet..his reply in the subject line was " Everyone but you ass hole. It went this morning. You're always last" Fuck this piece of dog shit! Filed a report with BBB and my credit card company for fraud..Im done!!

2. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Isn't that illegal anyway?
    Sounds sketchy in the first place!
    TP

3. M.Edell

M.Edell

Not sure if it is, but a lot of people have it done, I was referred by a plate restoration company.Said they were the best..Wow were they off...

4. Perfectly legal... for display purposes only.

:D

Sam

5. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

The warden may have taken his shop privileges away for a couple months ?

6. M.Edell

M.Edell

This guy is seriously mentally disturbed thats for sure..Just talked to a buddy..it took six months before he got his money back from this asshole last year after never receiving his order.I let my credit card company deal with him.

7. pumpman

pumpman

Or he will be making new plates for the warden.

8. M.Edell

M.Edell

This guy needs to get shut down ASAP.

9. big M

big M

He sounds like a real jackass, sorry you had to be the one to find out! Heck of a way to run a business, that's for sure.

Let your credit card company hammer him, I know you have more important irons in the fire.

---John

10. M.Edell

M.Edell

Hey John! Nice meeting you in person finally..Thanks for the parts! your place is awesome!

11. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

And yet another rip off thread...how do we deal with these knuckleheads??? It seems like the "pay up front" deal is the tip off. WOW hang on to your wallets.

12. TheTrailerGuy

TheTrailerGuy

I agree. Anytime I see someone wanting all up front or even half down, I get 'that feeling'. I've always been more of a $500 down to make sure you have some skin the game and I'll worry about the rest when you come pick your trailer up kind of guy. Works well for me and my customers.

13. Goldchainer$$$

Goldchainer$$$
    from L.A.

I think there is a running thread, of BEWARE SELLERS. if not it would be a great idea.

14. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

maybe even a sticky on top, a sort of $hyt list.

15. Swifster

Swifster

The only problem with all this is that you are only allowed to use original plates in unrestored condition. But I guess if EVERYONE is doing it...

16. M.Edell

M.Edell

Done..Thanks for the link

17. Marcus & I were included in the same batch email from these clowns. I started a FB page to share stories, and give one more location for folks to be warned:

www.facebook.com/CR8APL8

I finally got my plate, but not at all what they advertise. Bad font, color, quality, and insulting customer service. Took 6 1/2 months to receive it...and it was bent.

On the other hand, I ordered a stamped replica from www.restoreatag.com
    on 9/6/2013 and received it 3 days prior to the one from cr8apl8.

Much better quality, awesome shipping and service, and I never had the impression that the guy was shit-faced drunk, as with cr8apl8.

Here's a picture of the comparison, Cr8apl8 on top & restoreatag on the bottom. Look at the difference in font & color:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. M.Edell

M.Edell

Right on!! I just ordered my plates from Restore a tag!

19. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

20. Buzznut

Buzznut

The Restoreatag plates are 100% better. If I ever have the coin to drop for plates, I'll definitely be using them.

21. Hollywood Graham,

I have YOM plates already registered to my car. I just run a replica in case of theft or damage. I wouldn't take these to the DMV and try to get them tagged.

Also, the old XXX 000 type sequence isn't allowed on the "legacy plates". They are either personalized or sequential 7 character plates.

I have a feeling that they will just be painted in the old colors, with the current script/screen printed "CALIFORNIA" rather than stamped. I've researched them, and done quite a few YOM tags. That's a whole other bag of worms separate from the warning by the O/P and myself...

22. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

You are probably right on numbers and printing. Also they will have to be reflectorized by law. On the black plate so far 4400 have been ordered with 7500 min. needed to start manufacture.

23. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

The paint CR8ALP8 is using for characters is a "One-Shot" color.
    Calif plates are a more 'sour' yellow, as in the second example. Also as stated, the font is WAY off!

24. slammed

slammed

25. KATFISH

KATFISH

I have referred a few people to them who wanted a metal replica plate.

Have never dealt with them.

Have not had anyone say there were problems there.

Sorry to here this.

26. Check out this web site ; the company has done many original CA black plates

www.tagrestorer.com

27. albync

albync

28. HellsHotRods

HellsHotRods

It's just another program designed to get you to pay for fees when you register every year, more money for the DMV !!! There is no reason anyone should have to pay to keep an original YEAR CORRECT plate on their car. INSANE!!! Stop giving into California's money making schemes.