Register now to get rid of these ads!

Diamond intersection at 44 and Rangeline

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by WZ JUNK, Jul 23, 2013.

1. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

The new diamond intersection just opened at Interstate 44 and Rangeline Road. That is the exit that you use to get off the interstate and to the host hotel. If you have not used a Diamond interchange before it is unusual. You actually drive on the wrong side of the road a little. Do not be alarmed as you can not mess up but it will seem a little strange.

John

2. Rusty

Rusty

Like the Springfield swap exit?

3. WZ JUNK

WZ JUNK
    from Neosho, MO

The same. I have traveled a lot the last couple of years and I have not encountered one of these anywhere that I have been. I know that they must have these in other states but I have not seen one. Missouri would not be a state that would be the first to try this. It does seem to move the traffic better. Springfield has two that I know of.

more information at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diverging_diamond_interchange

John

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  4. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for the heads-up. I drove through there back in May, and it was a road construction zone at that time. Glad to see it's finished now.

5. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

Actually the swap meet exit was the first one in the US.