Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage King of Clubs 9th annual Lifters Carshow 2013

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greasemachine, Jul 28, 2013.

1. Greasemachine

Greasemachine
    from San Diego

It's been another great show this year. Here are a few of my pics. Feel free to post yours.

Attached Files:

2. Greasemachine

Greasemachine
    from San Diego

some more

Attached Files:

3. osidebarrel

osidebarrel
    from San Diego

Had blast as usual. Thanks Miguel and Lifters

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

4. Thanks Lifters! I had a whole lot of fun. I think I made 10 runs. Nothing broke so I just kept getting back in line. I was the first time in several outings that my car has made full passes. Some were crappy. some were OK but all were fun.Don't even ask about ET's or win-lose ratio, I learned that my car needs some horsepower. Couldn't stay for the Saturday night festivities but had a great time! We will be back for sure next year. That is such a great track. You San Diego guys are lucky!

5. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Thank you for comming out Kevin, sorry you had to leave early, I was looking foward to seeing race Butche's willy's p.u. and Dale's grocery getter and the Illegales's bitch'en anglia. For me Gasser wars are what drag racing is all aboat. thanks again for your support.

6. Jenz38

Jenz38

Nice Pics looks awesome ...
    danke Stephan für die Bilder .
    Hope next , or the year after we can enjoy it too with you all together ...

7. JustFalconOff

JustFalconOff
    from Evil City

<iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/video/embed?video_id=642615519090932" width="400" height="300" frameborder="0"></iframe> me racing kiwi kev and i actually won, probably due to a mishift or something but i had a blast each year for me just gets better thanks lifters and everyone else who puts it on

8. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

^^^^ that was awesome!

9. wesrat

wesrat
    from Ramona Ca.

thanks Miguel and the Lifters. had a great time, looking foreword to next year.

10. dvz

dvz
    from San Diego

So incredibly bummed... Chased silt in 4 fuel bowls for a couple hours, licked that and blew up my trans on the burnout 1st round of Mas Chingon!!!

Missed a good match race with my buddy Butch, and I cant tell you how much I wanted to buy a classic Pete- wheel's up pic with Kiwi Kev and the Grocery Getter!. Better sell something soon and swap out this unlucky trans...

As always, thanks Miguel!!!
    dvz

11. I went with my friend Perry who has the blue roadster. It was his second time racing and he is hooked bad!. His son Perry Jr hauled the cars for us.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is by the track photographer....

[​IMG]

12. 562roadster

562roadster

Great photos! Thanks for sharing

13. A lot of great pictures on Pete Liebig photography site!

14. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

If you google " King of clubs car show and drags" there are a ton of you tube videos of this year's races, one alone is a half an hour long and is really cool, if some one could post the link , I would apreciate it.

15. Jenz38

Jenz38

16. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ya , thats the one I was talking aboat, great video, love the begining. Did any one get pictures of the afx championships, they have become a big part of the show? thanks for posting that jens.

17. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Nice photos, and as a first-time attendee, I've got to tell you that this event is damn near perfect.

Thanks to Miguel and all the Lifters. You've got a great group of cars racing and showing, friendly atmosphere in the pits, some of those southern California women (that I've been missing too much lately!), and the venue is just a sweetheart of a track nestled in those dramatic granite boulders 40 minutes from the beach... what the hell am I doing in Phoenix again??? Oh yeah, looking forward to next year...

18. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Glad to see you finaly made it out, I did'nt see Rattler mike out there this year?

19. Great shots,,a few of the images look like they could have been taken back in the 50's or 60's. HRP

20. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Ya , I think the best part of the show is the track it self, it's not all homonigized flat concrete, even the drive to the track is pleasent, it' a winding road amongst oak trees and all of a sudden you see the track nestle inbetween a cayon, it's almost sureal. I think thats why the camping aspect of the show has really taken off, this year by friday, the place was packed . I think half the fun is camping out there.

21. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Man , what a great shot, Kiwi kevans " nasty habit and John Hildelbrands model A coupe!

22. I think he was at the end of the track when I was still in second gear.

23. Tinman

Tinman
    from Orange, CA

Heard he was saving himself for some little show in Utah this week...

Maybe, but watching you sky the hoops and come down romping and stomping on that bad old Willys sure is a blast!

24. magoozi

magoozi
    from san diego

Don't feel bad Kevan, John Hildelbrand's model A coupe was by far the fastest car out there, He came back this year with a nostaglic y-block, how he got it to go that fast I hav'ent figured out.