Register now to get rid of these ads!

R.I.P. Tom Willford.........

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by j.willford, Jul 28, 2013.

1. j.willford

j.willford
    from portland

You will be greatly be missed..One of the most down to earth persons ive ever known.To all that has met Tom, he was a one of a kind.Independent to the max.He stayed strong for so long.never gave up.this sucks big time..he is in a better place.no more pain and suffering..........

2. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm so sorry for your loss...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  3. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I heard in advance to expect this but it's still heartbreaking. Tom was a truly good guy and i'm proud to have met him, bought, sold and traded parts with him and talked for hours at a time with him.
    My condolences to you.

4. al bundy

al bundy
    from bay area

this really sucks ,,,I am really good freinds with tom,,,,we talked about algon stuff alot,,,, man this sucks

5. uncle buck

uncle buck

Sorry to hear this. I always enjoyed seeing him and the neat stuff he would bring out to the swapmeets in the northwest.

6. 1933t

1933t
    from Buffalo NY

WOW I just saw this I am very sorry to hear of Tom,s passing he was good friend & a big help to me in the Oddy Austin restoration. Tom told me all what I needed to get( vintage hemi parts for the 392) that i did not know what they were at the time he will be missed

R.I.P.My Friend Trouble

7. 33hotrod

33hotrod

I knew something up when he never returned call! He was going to email me something, then I read about his illness than understood why I didn't hear from him. But this I was not expecting! Sorry for your loss and everyone who knew or dealt with Tom! Sorry Stan

8. Offset

Offset
    from Canada

Sorry for your loss, Condolences. Sounds like he had a wide circle of friends and family.

Rest in Peace Tom.

9. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

Only the good die young. I would have gladly traded places with him.

10. Marty Strode

Marty Strode

My sincere condolences to his family and friends, many of us have been preparing for this for a short while. Jamie Jackson sent me some pics yesterday of Tom, they were taken at Fremont in '87, they show Tom as I want to remember him. It is the weekend we debuted the "Bizio Truck" and he is in the company of some of his "Gasser" heroes including Jr. Thompson, K.S. Pittman, and Ron Nunes, I will try to post them later. He was was in Heaven that day as he is right now. There will never be another like him.

Rest peacefully "T-Dub".

Attached Files:

11. southern thunder

southern thunder

sad news, family in our prayers. RIP Tom.

12. 33HEMI

33HEMI

Sorry for your loss, my Condolences to you and your family.

Rest in Peace Tom.

13. marshall

marshall
    from tacoma/wa.

Sad day here for sure.

14. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Sincere sympathy goes out to you and all of his family, friends and fans.

15. My sympathy goes out to Tom's family and friends. Tom was a great guy. We met at the drag strip years ago. He never forgot your face, always greeted people with that big smile showing through that huge mustache. Had some of the finest hot rods around. Rest in Peace my friend.

16. Jason, I send my sincerest condolences to you and your brother and sister. As well as your grandparents. It must have been tough to watch him suffer these last few months. I went through the same thing awhile back so I know how hard it is to lose your dad. I remember meeting you when you where just a lil' guy. Your dad loved having you around and loved you very much. I talked to him a few weeks ago and I knew he was in a bad way as he was not himself on the phone. I used to talk to him for hours on the phone. One awesome car story always led to another. He had a memory for drag history. I wish he would have written a book. He easily could have.

We lost a good one today. Some ones father. Some ones friend. Some one club brother. He was both my friend and club brother in the Mischief Makers when I lived in Washington. I always appreciated his hard work at the Hotrod-A-Rama each year. I will miss his smiling face and genuine interest in what you were up to. Your finally rid of that damn wheelchair Tom. You are now free to walk away into peace. I have many fond memories of you. Dale Seaholm

17. 33willysgasr

33willysgasr

My thoughts and prayers are with you Jason as well as all of his family. He never met a stranger and I will cherish the phone calls and e-mails I had with him forever. They broke the mold when they made him. Rest in peace Tom.

18. FEDER

FEDER

Also Sorry for Your loss. Rest in peace Tom

19. My heartfelt condolences to the family. Another fellow Army Aviator gone to the big heli port in the sky, Rest in Peace Tom your tour of duty is over!! Thanx for your service!!

20. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Godspeed Tom, thank you for the memories. Rocky

21. Angliagasser

Angliagasser

I am very sorry to hear this, but he is in a better place now. I will miss our weekly, if not daily conversations and/or visits. He was one of the nicest people anyone could have ever meet. I am proud to have considered Tom one of my very good friends....

22. magooz

magooz

Jason and family,
    As you know, I've known Tom for about 30 years and loved the guy. Like who wouldn't. I'm so sorry I couldn't have seen him before this, but I've had medical issues myself. Nothing like our friend, but it's hindered me over the last four months. We had great times Drag Racing AAG in the 80's and just talking cars ever sense. I'm going to miss him a lot. Your Friend MAGOO

23. Very sad day, God bless you Tom rest in peace in my friend. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family. I feel your pain , having lost my Dad last month.. Tom was the salt of the earth.. He always had time to listen what you had going on car related or not... I have two Pontiac (1) chassis (1) body manuals Tom gave me when I bought 62 Bonneville and was being repaired at Thunfield Rod & Custom. Tom was always excited to see the progress on. Tom we never got to make that push bar set up.. I thought of you and said a small prayer as they fired off Bradford's AA/Fuel altered and The Pergrine dragster...I know you were there in spirit... I will miss you very much.... My fellow Mischief Maker C.C. member... I'm sure your above talking with Terry Seaholm and our other fellow Hot Rodders we have lost... I'm going to miss not seeing that big smile... RIP Tom.... Keep the throttle down... God Bless...

24. Ron Mayes

Ron Mayes

I'm at a loss for words ...RIP my friend.

25. Thanks for helping us with the Chassis Research Dragster Tom.... RIP my friend.

Jay

26. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

27. onefaststude

onefaststude

Rest in Peace Tom. I will never forget our friendship or all the laugh's we shared from Seattle to Bakersfield to Woodburn and of course our Portland Swapmeet booth with plenty of Brats, Beer and Bullsh*t. "One Run" Bob Drury

28. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

29. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

I only met Tom once, he was a very gracious gentleman and an all around talented guy despite the chair.

30. Sorry for your loss. I met Tom a few times at various events...he was always in a great mood and a real nice guy. Godspeed Tom, RIP.