Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Need opinions!!!!possible 32 ford pickup trade

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jhouse88, Jul 26, 2013.

1. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

I have a 1960 impala sport sedan and a 61 merc comet. Both cars are four doors and both have rust issue but run great. The comet is a project and doesn't move currently. The impala is a driver with small issues and a soft trunk. A local rodder I know has had this old 32 pickup long box sitting at his shop for years. It had a 289 auto in it. It's a non boxed frame with the k member being a little hacked for the trans, unsplit bones and heavy axle. The truck was a 60s rod with no fenders and juice brakes. It's fairly complete sans trans and engine. It's currently a Granada rear with leafs. The box on it is mint as well as the grill, the cab is rust free with a dent in the rear panel and the pass door is dented as well. The dash is mint and it rocks factory 32 steering. He wants both my cars straight up, I think it's a great deal but I wanna e sure. Thoughts? Oh yeah, clear ohio title

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

Woman's not to happy as I just sold a 31 sedan project but its a DUECE!!

4. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

You're even having to think about this? Do it!

5. I got a couple of 4 doors that I would gladly trade for a buildable 32 anything.

6. beatcad

beatcad

damn! I love& hate a 2 for 1 trade(I did it once,but I was on the 2 side of it). I guess as long as both guys feel good about it than do it.
    now that I think of it more I say do it. 60s chevs and vomits can still be found easy enough. good luck finding another '32.

7. BONNEVILLE BOB 95

BONNEVILLE BOB 95

You ain't got it home yet???

8. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hmmm...2 rusty 4 doors for a solid DEUCE. I'd say yes. Build yourself a hot rod!

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Since they are sitting in your driveway how about snapping a couple of pictures and posting them so we can see what you traded for. You DID make the trade didn't you? If by some silly chance you didn't grab your titles and head his way...................before he changes his mind.

Frank

10. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

if i where you i would have already been working on my new Deuce!!

11. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

I'm a touch biased by a love for those trucks but hell yeah get on it!

12. don't do it. what's that dudes number?

13. I know what I would do, but maybe you like old rusty 4 doors. You will regret it if you don't trade in my opinion.

14. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Are you getting the impression we like 32 Fords a lot around here ? :D Hell yes, make the trade. If you said the Chevy was a 2 door hardtop we might want to see pictures of everything, but a 4 door is a no brainer.

Pick it up tomorrow.

Don

15. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

Yeah it is just gonna suck not having a cruiser the rest if the season. An the ole lady technically owns the comet but she's ok with the trade. It's fairly complete. It's got gauges, steering, brakes, good glass, interior, rear suspension, but no engine or trans

16. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Which do/would you feel more attached to? I have a very soft spot for 60 Impalas, But it IS a rusty 4door, and The truck sounds like a great great starting point to a bad ass hot rod. But Do you WANT a hot rod truck, or a big cruiser? That said, I have a super solid '34 truck.. So I'm probably biased.

17. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

I'm 6'2" so the truck is gonna be right but I love them. And the 33 is a dream rod of course

18. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Why aren't you bringing it home? A word of caution, '32 pickup parts are just as expensive as 3 window parts.

19. We should be looking at pictures of your new '32 truck right now.
    Just sayin'

20. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

21. The37Kid

The37Kid

I forgot what you are trading for the '32, so will you, DO IT. Bob

22. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

It was a late in te day ordeal, I will no more tommorrow. I think it's on me tho, he for sure is down with the deal. It's a cool truck and fairly complete so in not to worrried about expensive parts

23. Deuce pick up :D:D:D

24. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I'm a lot biased, so I say DO IT. Those old trucks are the cats meow. A bit tight in the cab, but if it has swing pedals, it's manageable. Parts are NOT expensive for these trucks, considering you have all the expensive stuff already. Rear fenders are stupid expensive, yes. But if you're going to be running it as an open-wheeled rod, thats not a concern. Good luck, and post some pictures of all 3 vehicles in question.

25. Lets see,I'm 6'4" and i drive a '32 pickup.

Have you brought it home yet? HRP

26. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

Heading to look more at it in a little bit. It's pretty exciting even though I won't be able to build it for a while. It's at least got small things I can rebuild and keep busy till the funds come to do the heavier stuff. Quick ? Is frame boxing needed on these duece chassis since they came with v8s and had three stout x members?

27. greaser

greaser

I'd trade without thinking twice, but its all about what YOU want.
    You got it home yet??

28. Looks like you are getting a unanimous opinion form everyone but then again-The deal only has to make sense to you.

29. It would be a good idea to at least box the front rails,,,BTW,if your going to own a 32,,the correct spelling is deuce. HRP

30. jhouse88

jhouse88
    from toledo

Lol sorry