Register now to get rid of these ads!

ROLL CALL: young kids with there first car on the here on the HAMB??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 49styleline, Jul 25, 2013.

1. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

so im 15 years old and have a 49 styleline for my first ca.r ive seen a couple other young kids with a hamb friendly first ride on here but i want to know how many of us are there? show your self!

Attached Files:

2. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

3. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

I don't expect many kids your age can even drive a 'stick', let alone have an antique or classic car or truck available to practice driving in, but I hope I'm very wrong.

My kid is almost twelve, and I'm old enough to be his grandpa, but he WILL be driving my '46 Cheby PU soon after I get it on the road in a month or two. He already drives my auto-trans Jeep Cherokee around our country neighborhood, but the first stick he ever drives will be the same truck I first drove when I was his age (in 1970).

WE can't wait!!

4. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

yeah i was afraid that the population of teens with classics would be low on here. and if he learns on that he will be able to drive anything :D

5. X-Farmboy

X-Farmboy

BTW, I'm real happy for you that you are but one of the very few kids that appreciates this old iron, good for you!

You must have a gearhead Dad? Portland area?

6. 49 Styleline,

Good for you, most kids your age don't understand traditional cars. I'm 33 and most guys my age don't get it either. I bought my 59 Chevy pickup at 17, got it back on the road with a rebuilt stock 6 and original rear, drove it for a few years and am now collecting parts to rebuild it again alot lower, louder and faster.

7. jazz1

jazz1

My kids grew up with my hotrods but being practical their first vehicles were fuel efficient 40mpg autos since they had to foot the bill for the car, insurance, gas,repairs,plates, tuition for university. No handouts on my watch.....

8. tin_duke

tin_duke
    from redlands

I am 19 and have a stock 15 T and a 53 Sunbeam
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. El Caballo

El Caballo
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

My son is 13 and on here, El Bricolaje, and he has a '58 Biscayne.

10. redzula

redzula

My cars weren't my first cars but I'm under 30 and around here that's pretty young. Wish I had that 49 as my first car that thing is super clean and super cool.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 1963phil

1963phil

I'm 18 but I've been daily driving my 63 chevy truck since I got my learners permit at 15

Attached Files:

12. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

Nice car man!!! I was about your age when I first found this great site too! I'm 19 now, and still have my first car, my '53 Packard. There was only two other kids at my high school that drove old cars, one was my good friend Joe with his '66 Mustang, the other was some jock dude who's grandpa bought him a CHERRY '57 Chevy truck... that he let go to shit. Poor guy didn't even know how to check his own oil:rolleyes: (as much as I hate to admit it, there is too much truth to statements like the one X-Farmboy made...) If you haven't found the young HAMBers group yet, check it out. There's not a whole lot going on there, but its there. Kind of a testament to today's youth:D

What part of Oregon are you in? I'm just south of the border, Eureka area..

13. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Thank you :D and yeah in the sticks about a hour before Portland. And yeah I do He had a hot rod 39 ford sedan he said "one day this car will be yours" but a couple years ago it was either the house or the car. the 49 was originally going to be his car or so I thought while we where looking at different cars to buy but when we got it home and started wrenching on it he told me it was mine :D kinda to make up for not being able to pass the 39 down.

14. creepjohnny

creepjohnny

Had this 49 Plymouth in 99 when I was a senior in high school. I used to check out the hamb then but didn't think this was hamb worthy at the time. Some so cal folks didn't think it was "cool" driving a stock 4 door, but this 43k miles, 6 volt, bone stocker never let me down!!
    <a href="http://s273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/creepjohnny/?action=view&current=B63646F3-1172-4F9D-9BEC-3AA8714ED29E-14423-0000113C70DD725D_zpsffa4c7cf.jpg" target="_blank">[​IMG]</a>

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  15. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

90 minutes later...

Ahh, the impatience of youth!

16. I started collecting parts when i was 16, now at 17 i have driven it, 8 month in to the build today, will be turning 18 in desember and i will drive it the day i get my license, snow or rain! ;)

[​IMG]

17. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

man that's too cool kjell i gotta say your pretty hard core!! im gunna have to show your post to my mom and grandparents when they say my car is to bare bones because it doesn't have a heater :D;)

18. HAHA, you do that! ;)

19. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

yeah any thing below that seems all they think about are suuuper sweet tuners.. i still don't get those..

20. you are free to check out my build tread below ;) hehe

21. I agree with 59Chev, I'm 35 and it seems that I'm the weird guy with an old car in the minds of others my age. It seems that when it comes to hot rods, or customs of the vintage tin we are quite young compared to most around here even though we are in our 30's.
    49Styleline, if we are rare someone your age is almost unheard of around here, but I'm glad to see there are a few out there.

22. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

just as you should:D i love that era of chevy trucks. after my 49 my dad and i are gunna build him a 55 chevy pick up :D not exactly like yours but close.

23. Cortney

Cortney

My son just joined. He's 16 and on a mission to buy my first 64 Chevelle back from my brother in law. He likes all the good stuff, customs, hot rods, sleds, ect...

24. Hey 49styleline,
    Great car! You are lucky to have dad show the way. Take plenty pics....

25. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

well hey, least its still in the family and he doesn't have to track it down :D

26. 49styleline

49styleline
    from oregon

Thank you :D and I will!

27. D-man313

D-man313

I'm 18 and had my truck since I was 14. Me and my dad did a total rebuild on everything. New motor, trans, front suspension, rear end. Total project was about a year and half to do.

ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374938600.675269.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374938617.586969.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374938633.405761.jpg
    ImageUploadedByH.A.M.B.1374938650.918489.jpg

28. bigs merc

bigs merc

I'm 20 n have had my 64 merc since I was 14

29. Depends who you ask as to whether I am a young kid anymore. I will be 37 in a couple weeks and I still have my 37 gmc that I bought when I was 14. Didn't ever get to drive it to high school because I didn't have it road worthy until I graduated. Still have it and I am in the process of repairing the things I did back then. The only info available to me at the time was HR mags, Hemmings, print books, no internet that I knew of and there wasn't much by the way of hot rodders to talk to in my little town.

Glad that there are some younger than me that like the old stuff.

30. redzula

redzula

Haha I was in that crowd in HS drove a civic wasn't too riced out IMO but luckily I got smart and came over to this side of things... Never looked back!