Register now to get rid of these ads!

is this a 32 ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jmpowie, Jul 23, 2013.

1. Speed Gems

Speed Gems

Yeah it's a 32' ford just like the seller said and I've got a sbc out of a corvette for sale too! :D

2. Wildbill29tudor

Wildbill29tudor

Where is it located if u don't mind me asking

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Exactly, just like every engine part is from a vette!!-MIKE:p:D

4. jmpowie

jmpowie

Manchester NH but now its listed as a 31

5. wex65

wex65
    from WV

I realized a long time ago that TO THE SELLER all Model As are actually 32's. Every fast back Mustang was a Mach I (or better), every SBC is a 4-bolt mains (but no, you cant drop the oil pan to check)...the list goes on. I am sure others can think of MANY more but you get the idea.

Whether it is dishonesty or wilful ignorance i don't know but sellers always do a mental 'upgrade' when selling something.

I remember looking to buy a 57 Chevy years ago and being told it was a Bel Air. When I explained the numbers didn't indicate that he told me the numbers were likely changed when it was painted and he remembered the original numbers DID indicate a Bel Air....huh?!

Regardless, without seeing more detail it is hard to say but it looks like $700 worth to my novice eye.

6. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

32 doesn't have the fuel filler on the cowl. Only the 28 thru 31 Model A had that.

4TTRUK

7. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It has value. Somewhere there's somebody with a hacked up coupster that would love to get their hands on it.

8. I think that is a reasonable price as others mentioned, if subfloor not bad etc, that could be a great car to start with