Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wal-Mart Batteries ( Buyers Beware)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 48 Poncho, Aug 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. uncle buck

uncle buck

Looks like a disgruntled customer that found this site while searching wal-mart batteries and is spamming any negative comments he can to a web site that will allow him to

2. that my 1st and last mistake to buy a battery from wally world ...

mine died on me 3 months in and never looked back to purchase anything like that from there again ...

3. steel rebel

steel rebel
    Member Emeritus

I quit going to Wal-mart about a year ago for many reasons and I feel better for that decision every day.

4. chopped

chopped

Some guy somewhere is saying don't buy cheap American crap. And the game continues.

5. rt338b

rt338b
    from Illinois

I havent been to Walmart for 8 years and it hasnt hurt me one bit.

6. MO_JUNK

MO_JUNK
    from Rolla, Mo.

Where I live it's hard not to shop at Walmart. I hate it but that's just the way it is here in a rural area. But, I will say, I just bought a battery from my local parts store. It's a Continental Brand and was about $30.00 cheaper than Walmart's equivalent.

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

I most always buy Delco batteries from my local parts house........but....Consumer Reports did a automotive battery test a year or two ago and Wal-Mart batteries, the yellow case, cold weather area models, were found to be both the best performing and among the lowest cost. And, they are made in the USA. You could do worse.

8. Gman0046

Gman0046

Costco batteries best prices and warranty.

9. Studebricker

Studebricker
    from TX

First battery purchase for the Stude and only nearby place I could find that stocked a 6V battery was Autozone -- and they only had one. So far, so good...

10. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

It's wal-mart, it's not a parts house, it's not a dealership, it's a bargain store.
    I've never understood people who go to wal-mart for auto parts or even worse; automotive service.
    I worked in the tire lube express when I was 18. Let me share some knowledge with everyone; those "techs" are just kids off the street trained via a couple of dozen computer modules, and paid barely over minimum wage. When I was there it was me and two other car guys and a bunch of numb skulls...including the managers. Don't go there for service!
    The batteries are fine, I've run them for years, but I always buy the high end ones, so that's all I can really recommend.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Those "kids off the street" dismount my tires FREE, at my home town Wal-Mart!

12. 54rat210

54rat210

You deserved a dead battery. Good job supporting a place like walmart. I would never shop there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.