Register now to get rid of these ads!

Need help in Texas-pistons

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by idiot123, Jul 11, 2013.

1. idiot123

idiot123

I have a set of pistons. 283 + .060, flat top with 4 valve reliefs. appear to be forged, 2013PX .060 stamped on face.

I found a company called Mechanica Pedrosa that carries the part number but no specifications or manufacturer info.

Any one know anything about these pistons?

Great forum, thanks for having me.

2. GOSFAST

GOSFAST

Welcome aboard, you have a name maybe?? (Not proper starting with "Hi idiot")

Excellent pistons for a "conventional" rebuild, not really a performance piece, but it is forged.

At one time we sold a high number of sets when the 283's were more popular!

It is a "Sealed Power" piston and weighs about 600 (nominal) grams.

What other info would you be needing??

Thanks, Gary in N.Y.

P.S. We actually still have a few sets on stock, but only in +.030". See the photo below here!

Attached Files:

3. welcome to the site ....

4. idiot123

idiot123

Thanks Gary.

Idiot is a term of endearment given me by my crew chief during my Indy car days. Great conversation starter. My name is Brian and my friends call me B.T. when they don't call me idiot. I've taken some heat for my poor self introduction skills, I assumed that's what the Bio was for. anyway I appreciate the info. My last question concerning these pistons is; Any idea what compression ratio they were advertised at.

Again thanks for the information

B.T.

5. 1958Warrior

1958Warrior

Howdy from Mesquite...cheers welcome aboard[​IMG] Are you building a 283 for a project ? or just a Piston's fan?

6. 283's came with flat tops, so stock compression if still using stock heads. Well, it'd be a tad higher because of the overbore, it'd be a 292" by the way.

7. CDJerger

CDJerger

Welcome from AZ

8. Mike Ogorek

Mike Ogorek

Hello Any Chance u still have these pistons I need (1) 2013px 060 for my 59 corvette 283 bored out 60 over.

9. Mike Ogorek

Mike Ogorek

Any chance you have (1) 2013px 060?