Register now to get rid of these ads!

1955 Plymouth in need of front springs

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by wallyringo, Jul 24, 2013.

1. wallyringo

wallyringo

My springs were torched by the previous owner to lower the car and they are just flat coils lying on top of each other. When I hit any kind of bump in the road the front end takes it very hard. I need help locating replacement springs that are lowered 2 inch's already or one I can cut? any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Ouch! That could hurt!
    Good luck with your project.
    Ya got any pics of it??

3. CTaulbert

CTaulbert
    from Detroit

Eaton Detroit Spring can whip up some stock replacements or lowered springs.

Just keep in mind, their lowered spring is lowered from stock specs....not lowered from 58 year old springs that have sagged....

4. kool32

kool32
    from Kentucky

You can buy new coils that lower car 2 inches from Eaton Spring. You will have to Google, I do not have a number handy.

5. supervert

supervert

i run aerostars with the spring plate put on the bottom of the a arm on my 51. it rides way better than it did with stock springs.

that lowered me about 4"

stock s10 springs are a little softer and will be about 2" taller than the aeros

i had a thread that had all of those spring rates and measurements all in it, but it got deleted for being off topic/ not traditional:confused:

6. Voodoowagon

Voodoowagon
    from Fort worth

Eaton made ours with a 3" drop for our 54

7. wallyringo

wallyringo

Thanks guys. I'm going to call Eaton. Aerostar springs I know some guys use them for their early 50's Plymouth but not sure if they are the size I need. I know nothing about spring sizes

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!