Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 36-taildragger.....Made in Sweden

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by Kenneth31coupe, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Murch

Murch

Wow! Just read through this, looking killer, I will be following this for sure, really awesome cars coming out of Sweden, keep up the great work!

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

2. Looks really good keneth. You have a bit more rust to contend with than I did but seems to be coming along nicely. If you need pic's of anything for reference let me know. Beautiful work. Later Kipp.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  3. Thanks Murch.

Hey Kipp. Yes there´s whole lot of rust but it suits me fine that you are a head of me so I can watch your pics as a reference.Makes it a lot easier.Struggling with the subrail and b-pillar on driver side but I think I have it all clear now how it should look like.

4. YES!!! The wanted add paid off. Thanks to two Hambers I now have a 38´Lincoln dash on its way. I´m really thrilled over this. Now when I have the real deal I don´t have to build one my self.Also have made some progress on the rear subrail. Made an L shaped sub structure to extend the subrail all the way back to rear pan.Now I have this to attache bouth rearfloor and wheel well too.Also made a new piece for the lower outer part of the b-pillar

Attached Files:

5. Got the driverside b -pillar foot done today.Took me some time to figure it out how it was done originaly and not sure it´s all authentic but I think it´s good enough for me.

Attached Files:

6. Little more progress from today.Got the patch for the quarterpanel welded in and smoothed out with hammer and dolly and some work with the body file

Attached Files:

7. Finnrodder

Finnrodder
    from Finland

Looks great again!

8. milkweed

milkweed
    from SLC UT

Makes me want to start working on mine.....Looking good...

9. Nice Kenneth! Great score on the dash as well.

10. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

11. Thanks Finnrodder.

Thanks.Wy dont you. With all these 35-36´s on here we can start a club:)

Thanks Kipp. Thought it should be hard to find one of those dashes but it only took a few days of addvertising before I got PM´s.This site rocks.

Thanks Ron. The pics you send are really a big help to me.

12. fleet-master

fleet-master

congratulations on scoring the dash you wanted Kenneth!! its looking great....keep up the good work!

13. emiliedk

emiliedk
    from denmark

real nice work here Kenneth! a perfect early Kustom..i assume you wont be ready for Abombers haha..well then next year!
    -palle

14. Thanks mate.

Thanks Palle.No I don´t think it will make it to the A-Bombers this year and not next year either. The model-A will make duty instead.Looking forward to see your Caddy and even Kiirkegards mercury.

15. Spend the last couple of nights after work beating and hammering on this piece.Tryed to make it look like the original one only with a different radius to follow the raised kick up.Now its tucked in and waiting for final welding.Filled the hole for the gas filler tube too since I gonna move it to the rear hidden behind the registration plate.

Attached Files:

chryslerfan55 and oneratfink57 like this.
  16. Nice! Looks like henry made it.

17. Beautiful work - ya' know nobody's ever gonna' see that don't ya'.:cool::)

18. Nice! Great fabrication!

19. hasty

hasty

Glad to catch this thread - looks really good. Looking forward to following it

20. Thanks Kipp.

I just realized that ;)It´s for my own satisfaction.I know it´s there and that´s all the reason I need.And I think I´ll have to change tires some time.:D

Thanks MannyK

Thanks hasty.

21. It's only the little things that you would notice ( and some of us others) That really count. Beautiful!
    Kipp.

22. Thanks Kipp
    It´s this kind of details I´m looking for when study other cars.It´s not only the surface that counts. Welded it up and grinded it today so now the driver side is done.Hope the other side goes a little faster now when I have done it once.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  23. Swedeshoebox

Swedeshoebox
    from Sweden

Kenneth, this is going to be so nice:) love it.......

About your rockers, do you know when they where bought from mac´s?
    they look right!

I bought a set from macs in 2011 and my set are totally different:confused:

24. Thanks Andreas.No I don´t know when they were bought.All I now is the car came to Sweden in 2006 and I bought it in early 2011 so somewhere in between there.They looks really good I think they´r as close to originals as you can get.Just had to put some more radius in them but that was not much.
    See you in a couple of days.

25. Wensum Valley Rods

Wensum Valley Rods
    from England

Awesome work Kenneth, it's all coming along very nicely.

Paul.

26. Thanks a lot Paul.
    Have started on passenger side subrails and piller foots.Thought that I could show you the process of making these parts since I only showed you the finnished pieces before.Started with the subrail piece.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Used an adjustable wrench to brake the flange.There´s to much material so I have to shrink it back.I´m doing that by hammer and dolly untill it have the right shape
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here it is fitting against the radius of the cowl side patch panel

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014
  27. Cut out this piece for better acces now and later when welding the outer patch panel to the cowl side.
    [​IMG]
    Here I´m doing one of the pieces for the A-pillar.This is the part with the pocket for the door hinge.Using a 3/8" flat bar and holding a hammer as pictured and another one to hit the first one to create the step in the plate.
    [​IMG]

Here´s the opposite part with some reinforcement for the door hinges bolts.
    [​IMG]

Welded together.
    [​IMG]

Grinded and drilled for the hinge bolts.This is the outer part of the pillar.
    [​IMG]

Here it is welded in and primered with weld thru zink spray.
    [​IMG]

28. longgoner

longgoner
    from western ny

once again, nice work. thanks for taking the time to share the pictures.

not tomorrow, but one day, rik hoving will be sharing his pictures

29. hotrodmano

hotrodmano
    from Norway

I met Kenneth at A-Bombers last week-end. Not only is he a great welder/car builder but a helluva nice guy too, and his A coupe is really cool.
    Keep up the great work Kenneth. I might just have to come down south and learn a couple of things from you .

30. Cut out a plate and braked it like this for the iner part of the pillar foot.
    [​IMG]

Then I run it in the pullmax to create the bead.
    [​IMG]

This is how it looks after the pullmax.Needs some hammering.
    [​IMG]

Again I´m using two hammers to form the bead.One for shaping and another one to bang on the first one.
    [​IMG]

After a while it looks like this.
    [​IMG]

Drilled some holes for each corner of the square holes and cut with the anglegrinder between the holes.
    [​IMG]

Here it is finnished.
    [​IMG]

And here it is welded in the car.
    [​IMG]