Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods wtf is- was this thing ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dirtbag13, Jun 12, 2013.

1. 1934coupe

1934coupe

A "doseaclap"

Pat

2. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

It's Different..... Nothing wrong with that.....

4TTRUK

3. pitman

pitman

Cannot be UN-Seen! :eek:

4. ClarkH

ClarkH
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Me, I see potential. If you put this old pile beside the award-winning gold gull-winged Merc that’s causing such a stir in the Gene Winfield thread, THIS is the car I would gravitate toward. But that’s just me--I love this old stuff.

My current project was also an early ‘50s homemade sports car. (See avatar.) I’ve spent a few years undoing some of the weirder modifications, and it’s slowly turning into a pretty cool car. The thing sat in plain view for decades, until the weeds grew over it. I guess everybody before me thought it was a POS, too.

Of course, my taste in cars is suspect. I used to be into Corvairs. :rolleyes:

5. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

Where can we see more of your speedster?

6. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I see some have referred to it as a RAT rod, and that's just not the case; it's a CRAP ROD. JMHO. Butch/56sedandelivery.

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

It has potential...as what, I'm not quite sure...:rolleyes:

8. sloppymotor

sloppymotor
    from iowa

That Cars so Special.. It Should wear a Helmet....

9. rd4pin

rd4pin
    from louisiana

it appears to have been a car at one time, perhaps.

10. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

This car / post just shows ta go ya why the HAMB needs a comedy category for threads. Gary

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  11. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

:p:p

12. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

This thing couldn't be further away from the car in the original post. This thing really is a shit box with no potential other than parts.
    You want to know why shock rods and modern rat rods exist? The attitudes that are so prevalent in this thread. Not the guys that are actually able to look at the potential in that conglomeration of parts, but all the guys who have tripped over themselves to rip on the car to be part of the "in" crowd. Congrats, because of folks like you we have to now contend with the shock rodders that are building cars just to piss people like you off so you'll slam them, which motivates them to push the envelope even further to piss you off even more.
    Don't like the build? No big deal. But I find it kindof ironic that a lot of you who are so quick to label something as un-traditional can't tell the difference between a home built sports car (from the period considered traditional no less!) and a modern rat rod/shock rod.
    You folks honestly must have something better to do than sitting around driving up your post count by hopping into threads you KNOW won't like just to deliver your "insight"...