Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stance

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fxstc127ci, Jul 24, 2013.

1. fxstc127ci

fxstc127ci

I know this has been gone over several times and a matter of personal preference. Looking for your opinion's/suggestion's before I make my rear spring mount. Going for 40's period hot rod un split wishbones,no dropped axle, using the a frame. I'm running 16x5.50 front 16x7.50 rear, 36 front axle and a 40 rear. I need to fabricate a rear spring mount. I think I need to raise the car an inch or so in the rear. Right now I have the a rear spring mount sitting on the rear end. Any in put would really help. I raised it about a 1 1/2 I think it sits better

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 24, 2013
  2. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

I'd leave it the same in the back, or lower. Do what you can with the basic tricks / parts swapping, rubber rake, reversed spring eyes, etc. to get it as low as possible all around while retaining all the stock suspension you want. Nothing less racy, IMHO, than a Model A "hot rod" that just looks like someone took the fenders off a stocker, painted on a number on it, and left it flapping around up there 10 ft in the air. My 2c, Gary.

3. lowelife

lowelife

I think if that is the height of the front, it needs to come up a little bit. I think you're right at about an inch. Not too much but just enough to give it a small rake.