Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jamco Suspension Update

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hottweelz, Jul 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

I would like to give all of you an update on what has happened with Jamco Suspension.

I have moved to a new location in which I am able to utilize a 14 man staff for receiving, sales and shipping. They have all been trained on Jamco product as well. This as been a huge in getting things running more efficient.. The phones do not go un-answered when I’m may be away, shipping is done daily and sales are up! Shipping times have never been better either. There are still a couple items that lead time suck and I am working on that right now. I think the biggest complaint was long shipping lead times and getting someone to answer the phone. With 3 phone lines and 6 guys answering, that is not an issue any longer. We are also in a position where we are starting to actually build some inventory. Coils and Leafs are still manufactured per order, but Ford a-arms, disc brakes, booster kits and most other items are shipping out with in 2-3 days max. IF you have any feed back, Please let me know. We have made huge strides forward and look to continue to do so. I am aware that there are still a few things that need to be ironed out and we are working everyday to make any corrections. I feel whole heartily that we manufacture and carry the best quality parts out there and that our customer service issues are a thing of the past.

JC

Jamco Suspension
    2512 E Fender Ave
    Unit B
    Fullerton, CA 92831
    951-549-1441
    www.jamcosuspension.com

2. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

nice to see you heard the commits and have decided to invest in your business to make it better (rather than have it die off)

3. jerseymike

jerseymike

why did this take 5-6 years to address?

4. O'Doyle

O'Doyle

It's great to see a proactive approach to improve customer relations with a company that turns out a great product.
    (I have 3" drop coils in my 55 and I am stoked with the end result)

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. cb186

cb186

How about the front and rear swaybars that I ordered on july 10th, have already been charged to my cc, but have no idea when they'll ship and haven't gotten a response to my emailed inquiry on july 16th?

6. Oh that's music. Bout time. Really happy you have things going forward. :)

7. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

cb186, Message us your name so we can look up your order. We can status it tomorrow

8. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Good luck with the expansion/improvement . I have been happy with my purchases , now it's time for others to get the same treatment .

9. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've never dealt with your company, but I know from experience that it takes courage to admit mistakes. I've read a lot about what was going on and if you have truly corrected the issues, then I for one wish you well. Hope things work out.

10. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Ya know, it really isn't all that difficult to have great customer service. Simply telling the customers the truth goes a long way. They may not be happy when you tell them that their order will not go out immediately, but at least they know and can make a decision from there. But then you have to actually ship on the day you promise and not keep lying about if it went or when it will go.

Your words are nice to hear but what will really gain people's confidence is if you walk the walk. Words come cheap, it is what you actually do from this point forward that counts.

We will hold our judgement until we see if you live up to your promises.

Don

11. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Hope everything works out. I've read that your products are to notch but the customer service is little to be desired. Hopefully you have addressed the problems and done your best to correct them. After all, these old cars and their caretakers need all the help we can get!

12. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

I've read for years here and elsewhere that while Jamco rates a grade A on product, they repeatedly rate an F for communication (phone and email) and for timely delivery of orders that are already paid for.

You mentioned that you're "starting to build inventory". That's the most important single thing you should have in place BEFORE you have product "ready to be ordered" on a website or from a catalog. There's no way to keep pace trying to manufacture parts to order. Order "C"'s payment buys material for order "B", which finally is produced and sent out way late for order "A".

Bad word gets around fast and then folks become very reluctant to patronize you. The business opp. vacuum will see other company's offer a similar product and take your orders. It's no different than a painter, upholsterer or any other tradesman that does A+ work but is hell to deal with (eternal wait times, attitudes, etc.). Some will put up with it, most will find another shop.

I'm really glad to see you come forward and announce your new business plan here. Hopefully it is not too late for you to overcome the poor reputation that you seem to have earned in the hobby/industry. You have a lot of good will to build.

13. I will wate and see myself but sounds good time will tell. Good luck hope it works

14. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

CB186, I messaged you your tracking info on your sway bars.

15. Doctor Detroit

Doctor Detroit

Fortunately, I've always had good luck when ordering and receiving parts from Jamco. Only a few times have there been issues when communicating with Jamco, whether calling or email, that have been frustrating due to no answer/reply. It sounds like that issue has been cleared up. I hope you guys demonstrate that your customer service is excellent, and that your business improves.

16. cb186

cb186

Got it, thanks. Just wish it hadn't taken a post on the forum to get the ball rolling. Hopefully you guys get that kind of stuff cleared up in the near future.

17. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

18. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

What's up Roger? Haven't heard from you in a while. Everything still going good?

19. Paul B

Paul B

hope to buy from you soon

20. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

I have bought from Jamco and can say they put out a quality product. Good to see that the business aspect of their operation is being addressed. Hopefully many years of happy customers are ahead!

21. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

yeah how about those shocks i paid for that didn't ship with my drop springs?! no response via email or repeated phone calls.

22. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

floorjacks50, send me a PM with your name and ph # and Monday I will look up your order and get in touch with you.

23. frosty49

frosty49

I installed front and rear sway bars in my 49 Ford coupe about 5 years ago from JAMCO. Handles like a sports car now. I am lowered 4 or more inches all around. The rear with blocks and the front with lowering coils. Had to mill slots in the frame to move the upper control arms out to correct the camber problem. It handled like crap till I put the sway bars in. It was a scary ride till then. Keep up the great products.

24. 47ragtop

47ragtop

The customer shouldn't have to send you this information- YOU should be answering the phones and e-mails like you said you were going to. I still would not believe you - sounds like business as usual with JAMCO.

25. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Floorjacks50. I sent you a PM. I did not realize your order was 15 months old. Working on getting you a refund on the missing shocks.

JCG

26. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

27. the gormandizers

the gormandizers
    from France

Hello,

I'm french I've a problem with an order.
    I wait about parts since January 2012.
    I paid for the parts and for the sending but I've not received the items.
    I've contacted you by email, phone, you told me that it was a mistake with UPS and that I should receive the parts. But nothing.
    I've proof of payment and order, how could I hope to have my parts one day?
    If it's a problem with France, I've an adress in California (a friend of my).
    Please do something !
    Cordially
    Rémi

28. hottweelz

hottweelz
    from So. Cal

Rémi, I just sent you a message.

29. floorjacks50

floorjacks50
    from napa

so uhhhhh, i recieved a message from you but no follow up.

what.
    is.
    the.
    deal!?!?

30. wicarnut

wicarnut

MY recent experience with Jamco. I purchased a 51 Merc with their front end ball joint conversion from 09. Called and spoke with JC, explained problem and HE SAID , will check for part and call me back. I left 3 messages with, NO RESPONCE from JC or anybody. Figured out what I needed and built upper pivot braket to correct ball joint angle and camber problem. I'm VERY surprized that, with all the BAD reviews on this forum, that he would ignore me or anybody regarding customer service. I would NOT recommend Jamco as a source to anyone for anything. There is NO excuse for this type of BS. John

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.