Register now to get rid of these ads!

What street/City did you cruise in High School?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 73super, Feb 5, 2010.

1. husker

husker

Pierce and Nebraska were our loop in Sioux City IA, Cruise for awhile and hang out in a lot or two talking shit then head out to the box factory for late night racing. Did the same on Dakota Avenue in South Sioux City NE depending on who we were hanging out with.

We have an annual event now where they close down Water street for some real live legal street racing that is getting very popular.

2. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Late 70's, early 80's we cruised 4th St. in Santa Rosa, CA and Petaluma Blvd in Petaluma, CA.

3. Chris F100

Chris F100

The Southern Artery in Quincy Mass. From the Big Boy to the Leaning Tower Of Pizza to the Howard Johnsons Car Hop......

4. I was there too. Remember Mark Fenyo doing his thing. Used to get a lot of people and rarely had a lot of trouble and we picked up after ourselves. I remember the guys at National would always set a trash can out for our trash
    The good old days
    Mark

5. das858

das858

I cruised "O" street in Lincoln, Ne. from '73-the early '80's, 9th street to 84th street.

6. BobG

BobG

In Springfield IL we cruised So. Grand E. from the Tops Big Boy Drive In west to Mac Aurther Blvd then south to the McDonalds then back through Tops again.
    If you were lucky you might get a parking spot at Tops Big Boy drive in.
    If you were on the north side of town the hot spot was the Icy Rootbeer Drive In.
    When we set up a street race we would go out to South 2nd street road although there were always some guys that went stop light to stop light on the strip.

7. sport fury

sport fury

sticker from the sun drive inn sun drive inn.jpg

8. Our high school was on Meyer Boulevard in Kansas City, just in front of Swope Park. Those with fast cars would drag race from Agnes to Indiana, with the finish line right in front of the school. But for cruising, we'd go to Prospect and hit Griff's Burger Bar or the drive in at Fairyland Park, an amusement park. Right across the street was a Mugs Up rootbeer stand with that thick, creamy rootbeer and the cutest car hops.

9. Was that Souteast High? Boy, that school has changed...

Mugs Up was awesome - Black Cows, yum! - and there's one still around (out of the nine) on 23rd Street in Indep.:
    [​IMG]
    And today:
    [​IMG]
    We went to the one next to the Hen House at Bannister & Blue Ridge.

(Mom went to East High in '46.)

10. tolsmith

tolsmith

Main Street Brawley, California " 1962 "

11. Smokin' Joe

Smokin' Joe
    Member Emeritus

In Philly, it was Front Street, Delaware Ave, Oregon Ave, always looking for, and always finding, some street racing action. We'd cruise and race till the cops would turn on the fire hydrants, then we'd head out to the airport! Some great memories!

In South Jersey, we'd go to Vineland and cruise Landis Ave., or to Atlantic City. (before it was a gamblin' mecca, it was pretty laid back)

In North Jersey we'd cruise all over Hazlet and Keansburg... and Seaside Heights, for some reason I can't remember the names of the streets.

12. socal34

socal34

Late 50s Decatur Illinois, Main ,Wood , Eldorado streets street, Stake & Shake, Perrys Drive

13. hotrod1948

hotrod1948
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milton, WI

Pittsburgh, 1969 South Hills, Eat and Park at Banksville and Crane and the Eat and Park in McKee's Rocks.

14. OldiesSpeedShop

OldiesSpeedShop
    from Ventura Ca

Main Street Ventura Ca...
    Still here today haven't ventured far from the nest haha

15. Jamoke

Jamoke

Chicago IL Harlem Ave

16. scan60

scan60

Story and King San Jose and El Camino Santa clara

17. kursplat

kursplat

van nuys bl, van nuys, ca. then when it got late enough, off to the races

18. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

idiot circle-kannapolis n.c. now there is a cruze in 2nd saturday of the month. a gud place to go..................

19. 26hotrod

26hotrod
    from landis n c

oh yeah. the what-a-burgers (3 of them) parts of concord n.c.& the back row @ the drive-in on friday&saturday night..........................AND street racing on pine st. in k-town.

20. Hotrodmyk

Hotrodmyk
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Colorado Blvd. Pasadena, CA...from Bob's to PCC.

21. vinnymac44

vinnymac44
    from W. Oregon

Harvard Ave in Roseburg Orygun. 1965 - 1970 Those were the days!

22. 50 Fastback

50 Fastback

Chicago the mid-70s to mid 90s
    Milwaukee Ave – Niles, IL. (Flukey’s) Friday
    Grand & Manheim – Franklin Park, IL 90s (Stat’s) Wednesday
    Elston & Western – North side (Nikko’s) Friday & Saturday late night street racing crowd

23. 65 GTO

65 GTO

Skyway Drive In on West Market Street in Fairlawn Ohio.And its still there.

24. RoadkillCustoms

RoadkillCustoms
    from Mesa, AZ

Central Ave in Fillmore, CA in the early '80s. Good, good times...

25. M224SPEED

M224SPEED
    from Missouri

Hall street...........located in the northside of St.Louis,Mo.

26. lownslo50

lownslo50
    from Florida

Gratiot Ave. in Roseville or Woodward Ave. in Royal Oak MI , mid 70's thru the 80's.

27. Wayfarerwalk

Wayfarerwalk

In the early 70's I shot the "U" on 4th Street in Caney, Kansas in a rust/green 51 Chevy....

28. DaPeach

DaPeach
    from NE OH

I had a '71 Camaro in the late 80's, cruised "the strip" rt 422 from Niles to Warren, OH. From the top of the strip in Niles to A&W in Warren...also passing through the Great East Plaza in between. Often there was racing from the east mall drive near the plaza out to rt 46 before it was developed. Not long after, Niles passed a city ordinance banning "cruising"...boooo

I bought this totalled when I was 16, we finished it right before graduation...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

29. In the early and mid 70's, growing up in Searcy, Ark, we had the best name ever for a cruising street----Race Avenue. Race street was the main drag thru town. We would cruise from the Sonic Drive In out on east Race to the White County Courthouse in downtown. In about 73 or so, we actually had a drag race down Race street about 3 oclock one Sunday morning. Trying to decide if we wanted to go home and sleep a couple of hours before going to Carlisle Ark to the drags or just stay up and forget sleeping. Those were the days.

30. raymay

raymay

Late 60's and early 70's My brother and I "Cruised the Dew", (Dewey Ave in Rochester N.Y.) with all our car buddies. After dark we would park out in front of Ace Cleaners or as we called it "Ace Drags". Pizza and Burger joints were across the street. For longer cruises we went on Ridge Rd. or took our cars out to the Lake Ontario Parkway to open them up.
    One of my buddies managed a Carolls Burger joint on the Ridge. After work we would load up with the leftover 15 cent Burgers and fries and cruise the Dew. Picked up a couple of hungry local chicks one night.
    I sometimes wonder what ever became of Dead Arm and Hatchet Face.